[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Ok good to hear its bcs a sale
Wasnt that active in eve due to internet problems and didnt notice it and when i came back yestaerday i was shocked

Ha ha. I bought 500 PLEX yesterday with the express purpose of spending most of my ISK to that, in the end, I’m no longer feeling like I’ve left “loose ends” after quitting EVE. I’ll move myself into a situation where I have no recourse but to pay for a subscription…

…and then thank for the privilege. What a dumpster fire this MMO became, unbelievable. You can really tell the difference if you haven’t played for a good few years.

7 Likes

YASI (Yet Another Stupid Idea):
Alpha - Free
Omega - $20
Epsilon - $15 ($20 - $5)
Requirements for Epsilon. All numbers are just SWAG:

1. Must have a sum of 40Mil isk in hull destruction of ships as a victim or winner.
  2. Any damage from NPCs, Fleetmates, Corpmates, or Alliancemates disqualifies the kill. (Awoxing, ganking, and stufff like that).
  3. Value from the hull to the sum is proportional to ratio of your damge appled to total damage applied.

It’s not an event. Think of it as being rewarded for REAL content.

In theory, the content of a killmail should have the required information.

if ( ( ! ( npc || corp || alliance || fleet ) ) && ( damageappliedbyyou > 0 ) ) {
monthsum = monthsum + ( hullprice / ( damageappliedbyyou / totaldamage ) )
}

“Epsilon Fleet forming in 30 minutes!!! Let’s go! Let’s Go!”

So once a month I just kill my alt in a 40 million isk ship if I want $5 off?

7 Likes

Yes. Just like padding your killboard.

Do you know there is economic crisis in the world? Do you think rising prices will give you better income and rise number of players? If so… go learn about REAL economy.

Apparently it did. The number of players left wasn’t that big no matter how they ■■■■■ about it, so CCP raised their profits either way.

It is actually you who needs to learn REAL economy, because this is how it works. :wink: From economy point of view it is much better to raise the costs and generate higher income in short time, than generate the same income in long term. Even if it means the product ceases to exist/customers lose interest sooner.

2 Likes

Prove it

1 Like

Well I am judging by number of players I see everyday in Jita and highsec space. It didn’t change much, and whenever there is this event it gets significant boost.

All the players I know are still playing and if they aren’t they left from other reasons than sub price or PLEX price. They do however decremented the number of omega accounts they used to run, but these accounts lost are not real players and less multiboxing is a good thing.

But okay, I didn’t ran any analysis on the PCU numbers to back it up with. It is just an observation from ingame. Sure highsec is much less populated than it used to be few years ago, but did those players suddenly left after price increase or even before? Part of the reason for highsec being ghost town sometimes are also abyssals too.

That being said, I am not trying to defend the cost increase. In my eyes it wasn’t justified. (At that time, now with energy costs crisis, I would have sympathy for that I guess.) I am simply stating that CCP is making profit on this decision, not a loss.

Opinions are like a**holes, everybody’s got one.
In my opinion the only one that knows the facts of the financial impact of the price increase is CCP, and we won’t have a clue until PA issues it financial statement to it’s stockholders.

5 Likes

Well you’re friends are not me and I unsubbed ALL of my accounts BECAUSE of the sub increase. Your’re friends don’t represent the community.

High sec population is just high sec , grow some balls and move into low.

5 Likes

Yup I get that. I unsubbed all mine as well. I just run the free Alpha. I would love to see the data CCP has on how the ratio of Omega to Alpha accounts has changed?

2 Likes

Where people either dont exist or huddle in station?

Ooooh scary

High Sec

Low Sec

Null Sec

5 Likes

…

Ok thats fair.

Wow a free week omega and Numbers get above weekend-high.
26k, didnt think i would see that again.
Now drop the omega by 33-40%,
=double the Playernumbers and you got your money and we have player to play with :smiley:

but thanks for the free week to be fair. time to get my alts+catalysts in use again.

3 Likes

You can update the game all you want in desperation to fix your obvious neglect for years, but you have just priced your company out of the market with this idea. Will not resubscribe. Is there any other way you can afford to pay for your cocaine habit.

4 Likes

ok it was just for a moment, but 3 Months for 15,99, thats what i want to see.
Finnaly at least something to make ppl happy… but makeing the players happy must be a mistake… wouldnt happen otherwise…

1 Like

Just cannot get behind the price hike.

the new ships and the “new content” I put Quotes as it really only affects the people who actually want to goto Low Sec.

I just feel is not enough to Justify the price hike.

Your the oldest game out here and now the highest paid.

1 Like

You forgot to add the least content! :wink:

2 Likes