[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

Can we have a limited edition (lol) vanity item for this “I survived the price rise event”, perhaps a hat or skin or tshirt? You can put it on the NES store and we can pay with PLEX.

sorry, not going to satisfited your boss :slight_smile:

Yep, after going the extra mile to listen to seek out and listen to CCP Paragon talk about the rationale behind the order in which the comms are made, it makes sense. In the original blog post and the OP’s forum post, they are all totally devoid of what he said though. Either could have stated something along the lines of “we realize this is a tough decision we have announced ahead of Fanfest, but we hope to lay out our vision at Fanfest and continue to earn your patronage,” but instead all the original messaging was totally devoid of this. A good comms strategy wouldn’t have required someone relatively disconnected like me to learn about and then seek out a Q&A, and therefore I wouldn’t be surprised if a significant portion of the playerbase missed out on those details.

3 Likes

Hello

Here’s my take on the most absurd idea 2022 from CCP.

Instead of making the game easier for newcomers and small companies-no, everything will be harder and more expensive.
Not a few with many alts should finance the game-but many with few alts.

If I see the counter at 22k logged in accounts in the evening and fairly calculate 5 alts per nose - EVE online then has only 5k different gamers worldwide.

And that is exactly the wrong approach - the number of players will decrease and not attract new people.

If EVE online becomes 30 years-then only 5 noses are still playing-but then they have 30 alts running and run RMT.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

3 Likes

That is a valid question to ask. What other overpriced things do we piss away our money on?

I use an old fashioned 12 cup percolator. I put it into a preheated thermos. Cheaper than Starbucks by on order of magnitude. And it’s almost as fun as Industry in Eve Online. I don’t grow or grind my own beans, though.

2 Likes

I listened to the CCP broadcast posted in this forum.

The Q&A was painful to listen too as both a paying customer and for CCP employees behind the scenes obviously just doing their job / what they have been told.

Usually you share the details, highlight the amazing content/changes and then sell the concept to come experience the fun and excitement.

I feel like this has been handled totally opposite.

Charging us more money & just wait it will be the greatest released content in a long time but we can’t share any details just yet.

If CCP really believed in this content why wouldn’t they heavily invest beyond their core capacity costs first and then shout out the content to get us all hyped about it? Do they really believe in EVE or do they really think the player base will continue to be Fools gold.

As CCP said in the recording, its your personal choice. I hope we make the right one here.

1 Like

The reality is, your “money” just became less value since there is more of it in supply.

Not sure why people find that difficult to grasp.

1 Like

Uh…yeah.

Source: Iceland Money Supply M0 - March 2022 Data - 1960-2021 Historical - April Forecast

Narrow money M0 (coins and notes in circulation) typically for Iceland. Sure is volatile bouncy and looks like another bounce incoming.

…best $12.50/month(1 yr sub) I spend each year…great game which I do not want to see go away!!..developers don’t work for free!!

1 Like

In terms of a company, that is the guy who takes the blood pressure, reads the electrocardiogram, and checks the lab reports from the blood draw. Yeah, this is done so the vampire execs can determine how much blood they can suck out without killing the patient, but the goal is to keep that flow going.

Would you like some lemon peel with that mixed metaphor?

looking forward to watching eve burn

1 Like

When can we pay with Zimbabwean Dollar?.

For me Eve is crack. I finally figured that out. And that you are still concerned about your “stuff” in the game makes me think you may have a bit of that addiction too. I could be wrong but what you described isn’t abruptly leaving and slamming the door behind you. In fact, if you are here in the forums babbling on about this, you might have a bit of that dependency too. I’ve quit several times, sometimes for years. If Eve 2010 came out, though, I’d unsub here and go there.

Move on.

Maybe they just need Money to make and Fail Dust 2?

Without throwing away all the work and money for so many failing games instead of putting it into Eve Online - which we pay for- the sub could just be 10$ a month without any issues and could gladly get incresed to 13 at the current state and maybe 15 after they fix things. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

been thinking of subbing 1 or 2 months like i always do, but at 25.50$ish Canadian it’s starting to become a bit expensive…

Sure, here’s a twenty.

20BillionDollar

5 Likes

Your change is in the truck.