[Discussion] PLEX and Omega price changes feedback thread

give it a rest dude, your not scaring anyone. As if they care what a space nerd has to say in person

all my corpmates unsubed on their own the second they see the devlbog, - 79 accounts

After spending the last couple of years removing fun playstyles from the game along with scarcity making everything into a grind or chore…in what world do CCP consider current state EvE online worth $20 a month per account?

As for the first price increase since 2004, again it shows little knowledge of your own game because UK prices were raised only a couple of years ago.
Now sure people can save by buying longer subscriptions, but the problem is after the last 2 years of telling us “good things are coming soon” and scarcity will be a good thing in the long run - as a player I no longer trust CCP not to make the game even worse over that new option of 2 years subscription time.
I can only see what I would deem failure in the game direction and ability to deliver on promises made and no value in paying for a service that far ahead when with the current game direction it might well not even exist for that long.
In case the people in charge missed the news there’s a cost of living crisis for many worldwide to add into the situation and people are no longer spending as long at home due to covid so luxury goods/services are the thing people are cutting back on.

So I ask CCP - why should I now subscribe to a game that is more expensive than any other current large mmo (where those do get regular content updates and bugs fixed without taking years) when CCP have shown themselves unable to deliver on promises for years, unable to deliver a game that isn’t full of bugs and unable to provide a game that is still fun?
There are a lot of other gaming options out there and at $20 a month per account in my view eve currently fails to provide any value at all in comparision. This just seems like a last cash grab before the game is shut down.

1 Like

Protest against Plex and omega price rise - Communications Center / General Discussion - EVE Online Forums

Yeah, that might be right. He addressed those points in the Q&A. His answer on “why did you announce this before the content?” was that they felt it was better to give the bad news first, and that it felt dishonest to them to get people excited about new content first, knowing they were about to raise the price, without telling them. His answer on the timing of paying for higher-cost subs before the content was that they are planning to announce discounted rates for all the months until the content is released.

I dunno, believe it or don’t believe it, but you should listen to his Q&A on it. It was pretty convincing IMO.

This scathes me a bit, because my sub autorenewed 21 hours before the discounts started.

Specialy so, because I disabled auto renew. Have been subbing monthly as I go for the past year or so. It seems CCP changed it within the last 30 days so every time you manually resub, auto renew gets automatically turned back on.

Sounds more like Star Citizen give us your money and we may give you something maybe

I was just randomly checking in on progress on Star Citizen this morning. It’s un-freaking-believable what they’re getting away with over there. They’ve been developing it for 12 years now, still no release date for the beta even lol.

3 Likes

It’s a cult.

3 Likes

Just wait til Fanfest, it’ll all become clear and justified! Source: CCP Trustmebro

My first time posting on this forum.
I’m tired of feeling I have to do all the work to justify the reasons to continue to play EVE.
I really feel its time for CCP to show me why I should play EVE.
CCP can set their market price, however; we the players decide if we will pay for it.
I really hope leadership from this EVE community which is truly the PLAYERS not CCP will stand up and speak with their wallets and by not signing in to really show them once and for all this is ENOUGH.
Appoint a CSM team for what reason? CCP you are nothing more than a bully, that pastes a mirage to influence us to think we are being listened too when we are truly not.
Its clear NOBODY is in charge except the CFO looking at the Operating Income.

7 Likes

Trend is a trend.

3 Likes

Props to CCP Paragon for hosting an AMA. He mentioned items that should have been included in this discussion thread. Without committing to specifics or dates he mentioned consideration of multiple account discounts and significant content updates and increasing number of developers at CCP.

IMO this is still a poor decision with reckless execution. Maybe CCP wanted to be transparent prior to Fanfest. Even if true, they waited until after they had Fanfest money in hand and people were committed to their trips.

Right now, saying more content is coming would probably ring hollow give the past 2yrs lackluster updates. However, pairing that statement with a commitment to hire more developers would have made the price increase go better.

I’m glad I am not going to Fanfest. Opening night is probably going to be heated. Hopefully Hilmar is there to calm things down and re-direct the community energy.

How about they fix the game they broke by not listening to the player base first before introducing new crap that will damage it further. 3 subs canceled yesterday the rest when I get my stations down or sold. Cant be leaving stuff for the slimy scavengers. Wont be coming back to this game again.

Errr…why would you care?

So you biomassed already and filed GDPR right to be forgotten request?

Why would i not, my money and time went into getting it. Why would I leave that for some scum bags to pick over. It can sit under my characters until the game dies.

So you’re not really leaving.

1 Like

I listened to the podcast. I don’t believe you CCP after so many utterly stupid things you have done recently … .but because I am a tragic I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

You have made a promise that I will be overwhelmed with content and goodness at Fanfest. I am going to hold you to that promise.

Heaven help you if I am not jaw droppingly flabbergasted because the new pricing model means I have no choice but to unsub several toons.

You should also expect to tell us the financial impact of losing the Russian players as this is one of the causes for this price hike.

2 Likes

Well, many here wanted them all banned, soooo, they have to pay to make up for that loss.

Can’t have your cake and eat it.

1 Like