Disintegrator and DDA Mutaplasmids when?

At Eve Vegas, CCP told that they would introduce Mutas for Disintegrators and Drone Damage amps. Did they also mention when that should be? As far I remember they told that they should be available in the game in December i think.

They probably wait for balance pass that will be soon. They will nerf drone ships and add mutaplasmids for drone damage amplifiers. :wink:

It’s hard to imagine a scenario where they could offer a significant bonus for DDAs without an equally significant nerf to Gurista hulls in general - Gila in particular. Gila already does battleship damage with cruiser speed, signature and application - it would the goto ship for everything (some will argue that it already is). We’ve been down this road with Ishtar and know where it leads - no need to go there again!

But I guess Disintegrators are well balanced at the moment or I’m wrong?

Does the Gila really do BS dps? It does like 700 dps. And a Vigilant or Vedmark can do much more dps. Maybe just reduce its drone damage bonus to like 350% and increase missile dps bonus to like 15%? Then I guess DDA mutas shouldn’t be a problem.

I don’t think either will come very soon. Triglavian ships already provide very nice damage and application and using Mutaplasmids on their weapon would probably push things too far. DDA’s have been held back because of Gila, but also Superratting. It may come, but as the others said, not before some tweaking.

In my eyes the issue with the Gila is, that it is very strong if you fly it with low effort. Vigilant and Vedmak, as you mentioned them, are strong as well, but you need better piloting to make use of it. Not to say that it would not make a difference how you fly the Gila, but the baseline and lazy approach is too strong compared to others.

They just need to lower the bonus of the modules itself so that a perfect roll with mutaplasmids gives the current bonus.

A T2 Gila with augmented drones can produce close to 1000 dps. With my less than perfect skills:

[Gila, Gila]
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II
Large Shield Extender II
Missile Guidance Computer II
Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Augmented’ Hammerhead x2

Missile Range Script x1
Inferno Rage Heavy Assault Missile x264

I think you’ll find most players who fly Gila would prefer CCP leave it alone.
Remember - the 500% drone bonus is both damage and hitpoints - that makes an augmented drone practically invulnerable!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.