DLC - value packs

They are worse yes, but if ccp starts flooding the game with free sp events then it makes sense, sp as an item has less value and now some extra isk becomes more appealing.

Remember that pack is aimed square at the newbros. Newbros who may find themselves 6 months into the games skills within a month and now can fly multiple ship classes where before they farmed is for those 6 months before able to fly those ships.

Now 60 plex is maybe more appealing than 750k sp.

For vets who’ve been playing bulk sp is probably more appealing, which seems to be the people angry at the sp reduction in the STARTER packs.

It makes sense to me, even if it doesnt appeal as an item ill buy,.,granted 250k sp for $5 and some plex is better than buying plex for a skill injector.

They don’t call them starter packs anymore.

But the intended target demographic is clear. It makes sense if your a month into eve and ccp is flooding the game with free sp…which they are.

250k sp for $5 is far more a value than an in game injector.

Just sayin

shhhhhh @Equinoxx_Dethahal there not just for new bro’s bro and if ccp was actually marketing them just for new bro’s then at a marketing strategy its plain ridicules. There is more money with long term clients then new clients proven fact.

It also costs more to incise new clients then keeping existing clients maybe you should work for ccp marketing you’ll fit right in.

These NEW packs suk plain and simple there is no enticement to purchase if you do your maths correctly… and throwing in a skin lol come on really a skin thats what eve has become.

Not sure what you are comparing here. The old, $5 packs had 1 million sp. The new, $10 packs have 250k SP. I don’t think 250k SP is ‘more value’ than what the pack costs.

In fact, if you look at it, the $9.99 pack gives 60 Plex, plus 250K SP worth about 150 Plex or so (price of 3 mini-injectors), and some cosmetics worth maybe 30 Plex. So that makes the $10 pack worth about 240 Plex, which is exactly what you can buy, in Plex, for $10.

So it’s not a value pack at all, it’s “we replaced a good value pack with a pack that is worth less than if you simply spent the same amount of $$ on Plex”. Because Plex you can do anything you want with, but this pack you only get the value from if you think 250K SP and some cosmetics is worth full value.

The only people I can see getting ‘value’ from this pack are people with say over 50 or 80 million SP where the 250K SP represents a higher price in skill injectors. But TBH, if you’re over those levels, do you even care about dropping $10 on a once-per-account 250k?

The $23 pack appears to give about $25 in equivalent Plex value. I didn’t bother looking at the other packs because really, there’s nothing to see here. CCP marketing FTW!

5 Likes

Agree, bronze is a rip-off, for same price you can buy 240 Plex and end up with 50k more SP and about 300m ISK (100m more). The silver is just about break even. Gold calculates out to being about £2 cheaper, and Platinum about £9 … so not much of a deal.

I never said they didn’t suck vs the old $5 pack…maybe the pricey ones that come with game time are a better deal tbh.

Just I get what they are doing.

I’m not buying any of them tbh.

If you compare OLD vs New packs then yes, old ones had more value in them. This is RMT and therefor you look at how much value you get for 1 RLC to PLEX. With old back’s it was simple as it was Tradeable items + Omega time and was pretty simple to convert PLEX and have simple Exchange rate.

However new packages are with SP and there for you have to compare that SP current Skill Injector prices and then adapt them your character SP threshold. Then you should also look how much RLC (Real Life Currency ) you are looking to spend. This can put on 4 categories, 10, Around 20, Around 40 and Around 100 RLC. If you take this an base then;

Bronze package has highest value for 80M Sp+ with Exchange rate 1RLC x 47,46 PLEX, Players Up to 5 and 50M Sp has no value to buy this as its exchange rate for 5 is 18,44 and 50 is 21,55. As package doesn’t include Omega time it’s not comparable Sub packages.

Rest of the packages has value to all level players unless you start to compare Omega time packages and even then it’s bit iffy comparison. I included screenshot of my XLS table if you really want to start grind trough numbers. Keepin mind that Skill injector/PLEX prices are constantly in flux so it’s not super accurate comparison. On note, you can get old packages from 3’rd party vendors still.

edit: I did not include SKINS/CLOTHING when valuing these packages as their value can literally be nothing and this is probably long term packages and they are to specific.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.