Do Any CCP Developers Even Pay Attention To This?

Yes, i do. It’s called an opinion.

Let me know when you have a real argument.

Cool.

And CCP totally didn’t see how badly they screwed up by dropping a chunk of that PvP action, to the point where they had to announce quantum cores to put the hammer down on people evading wars through holding corporations.

Suicide-ganking isn’t going anywhere. Close to half of all loss happens in high-sec, and they’re not too stupid to see what turning high-sec completely safe would do to the game.

And you know what’s going to happen after QCs go live and we destroy every single carebear station and force them to live out of NPC hangars like they used to before 2016? The economy is going to blow up again, and a few months later, they’ll announce another similar change to keep the inflation in check.

Your greed and hubris will cause you a lot of suffering. But probably not as much as you caused to day-old players who fell for your brainwashing?

Speculation.

Broken Record.

Again, Suicide ganking is not the only option for pvp in high sec. Other methods can be created, or adopted that are not as abusive to the community, and new players.

you guys keep repeating this like “omg, but suicide is the miracle to all of eves problems” but its not working anymore. Your gona have to put your thinking caps on and come up with a better argument.

Btw, as we speak i am doing what i have for almost all of my history in eve (give or take a few weeks since 03). I am in null sec pvping (actually im in 11% tidi right now).

So you claiming this is about “greed” is even more laughable then your pathetic attempt to validate an abusive system.

2 Likes

Then create some. Then when you can present a viable alternative, you can talk about removing things.

Anyone can tab into the game from a Netflix show to hit F1 every three minutes, and then collect an SRP check at the end of the day. I’ve seen actual warriors in my time, and you ain’t it. Warriors don’t complain, they fight. And when they see an injustice being done, they take matters into their own hands, instead of mewling loudly to catch the attention of an authority to intervene on their behalf.

1 Like

Yawn, You do realize that im not complaining. Just because im on the forums with an opinion that is opposing yours, does not make it complaining, it makes it an opinion.

Btw, that is what the forums are for, not for you and your ragtag team of high sec noob ganking goon alts to spout about how you should be able to “ruin eve”.

2 Likes

Yeah, actually, you are. You make frothy demands for concessions that cater to your personal preferences, and offer no ideas or proposals that would improve gameplay and compensate for the negative drawbacks your demands would entail. That’s pretty much what complaining and whining is.

It’s like if I demanded that CCP allow me to dock in sovereign 0.0 stations, with the sole justification being that null-sec players are too rich, so I should be able to do it. Why would this be a good thing to add to the game? How would we address the lack of balance and risk/reward compromise that would come about as a result? WHO CARES! JUST LET ME DO IT BECAUSE THOSE PSYCHOS ALREADY HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH! THIS WOULD BE GOOD FOR NEW PLAYERS AND THEREFORE GOOD FOR THE GAME!

So saying what you’re saying is an expression of opinion, but saying that we should be able to ruin EVE (not that anyone is actually doing that) is not an expression of opinion?

1 Like

Inaccurate. Im a pvper. I hate simplicity as a player, and love complexity as a player. I hate complexity as a dev. I have mentioned a few options against it.

You can call it what you want, but its not complaining, its working to try to make eve better and remove the decline of population through conversation. Conversation, by the way with both ignorant players, and staff members of ccp (dev, or volunteers).

You know some times simple changes seem to be the best, but sometimes they are not and at other times they are.

You are constantly on this “OMG PVP IS THE ONLY SOLUTION” but its not, your braindead for thinking it is.

What is fascinating is that if what i say is true (and it is through multiple larger research companies), namely, that the larger population wants to do pve, it seems to be far more easier to increase destruction of things through the activities that people do more consistently.

I mean, if they die more constantly more is being pulled from the economy.

What is interesting about that is that if people are losing in bursts its more oppressive to them because of the fact that they get time to enjoy the game and its not all about negative experience, there is positive aspects to it also.

This is not a “you vs me” argument, This is a “eve alive vs eve dead” argument. This is not about my (or yours) whimsical desires. This is about healing eve and reverting the decline into an incline so eve and ccp can go on.

On this point you have had over a decade to prove your position valid, being that it has been in game and it has not ever yielded any form of income of players to the game.

this is by far the greatest evidence of why suicide ganking should be removed

We have proof that your position does nothing to grow the game and any benefit that comes from it can come from other alternative aspects (like fw in high sec again).

1 Like

That can be said for about 95% of the game’s population, even if three-quarters of them don’t realize it.

Then you’d propose ideas instead of just crying for a flat removal of something.

I could just as easily say that mining barges are bad for the game, so they should be removed too. Once again, no justifications, no alternatives, nothing. Just the claim that it’s “bad” and that’s it.

Well, sometimes I get hungry so I’ll eat, and other times I’m not hungry, so I won’t.

“My” braindead for something I’ve never actually done? lol

No, it’s about you pretending to support an ostensibly noble cause to get away with serving your own best interests with everyone else being none the wiser.

How about this: it actually makes sense for the mechanic to be there. Concord is a law enforcement organization, correct? The vast majority of the time LE is only a deterrent, just like the possibility of punishment for breaking the law. Criminals likely do a risk/reward assessment for a premeditated crime, “do the potential rewards outweigh the potential punishment?”

Suicide gankers have to do that same risk assessment, and KNOW that they’ll be caught and punished. Hisec is very similar to the civilized real world. When i go out my door, I understand that it’s possible I can be attacked any time and that the police will likely not be there to stop it from happening, they’ll only be able to investigate afterwards and possibly arrest the criminal. If i AM attacked, it’s on me to defend myself(except that the state I live in effectively makes self defense illegal).

It’s also realistic having different areas where it takes the authorities longer to show up.

I understand that “should be in the game” is subjective, and ultimately ccp does what it wants, but this is why i think it makes sense that the mechanics for hisec ganking to be as is.

1 Like

Just because i only pvp, and do nothing else does not make me a pver. Just because pvers do some pvp does not make them pvpers.

For us intelligent designers there is a clear distinction between the two and you batting people over the head forcing them to be pvpers when they are does nothing but cause more people to leave. I understand you think that its the best thing in the world, but your so-called miracle is not working.

You could say the sky is green and not blue, or what ever other redic thing you want, but that does not make it true nor a good idea.

I kind of get the idea that talking to you is really rather pointless. You provide no real arguments out side of the same stupid statement

“pvp is a miracle that will save eve” or “pvers…GRRrr”

I’ll just go out and tell you plainly

PvP is not a miracle, it will never save this game.
Pvers are your hope, and it will save this game.

Let me know when you figure out what those interests are.

1 Like

No.

Concord is a punishment system. It does not enforce law, it punishes for breaking it.

Its like saying the judges are police, and they are not. The judges are the mechanic that punishes law breaking.

Eve has no mechanics built into it that enforce law keeping, the closest thing to it is the standing system, but its far to easy to get out of negative sec status, and takes far to long to get to the point of being kicked from high sec, and even if this was not an issue there are clear work arounds.

For this to work as a real way to enforce law you’d need to lock weapons so criminal action could not be done. That would be law enforcement (or making sure law is not broken). If you make neutrals get popped when they loot a destroyed ship, that would be law enforcement.

These mechanics do not exist in eve, and subsequently there is no law enforcement, only punishment for breaking law (in eve’s case, concorduken)

There is theory, and practical application.

“Slippery peaks” (a ship build) in theory should be countered and tackled easily, but in practicality they are impossible to counter (out side a well placed dd). They are in effect game breaking, in a similar way, criminal actions are game breaking.

You can dream up these concepts that there are ways to counter it, but in practical application there is not. The same is true in both cases. You can say you counter it like this, but none of it really works, stops the problem etc.

Not in my opinion, I do just fine playing eve.

I don’t see any problem. But then again, I understand and accept that there’s risk involved in undocking and take what steps I can to attempt to minimize that risk. I do not support removing that risk from hisec.

1 Like

And there should be risk and reward, but forced-pvp is not the only way of doing that.

Your opinion your entitled to, but i don’t agree with it. The mass of people on forums posting about these things and a few others (like cloaking counters which have been lobbed into one thread and ignored) have been petitioned about to many times to count.

So the mass of people seem to be in disagreement.

Arh, I see we’re having a good old “I’m having this opinion. Even though it’s just an opinion, it somehow also reflects reality and CCP needs to implement these changes otherwise the game will die. While you might hold an opposing opinion, that opinion is not equally legitimate. I require supporting evidence to legitimize your opinion. My opinion, on the other hand, is so legit that it’s universally understood to be the truth and only need personal observations to support its claim.” argument.

3 Likes

No. Farmers who are obsessed with the menial grind and “LEVEL UP MY RAVEN” nonsense want it, along with a handful of experienced PvP players who can really use it. Most of us are smart enough to understand cost efficiency.

You advocate for invalidating pvers from mission running

Plenty of people still run missions. You’re just terrible at EVE.

where is the real invalidation of high sec ganking?

When smart players learn to use the tools they have for avoiding it, instead of putting billions of ISK worth of loot on a ship and then autopiloting it into known ganking systems.

it was not a bad change

It really was. Giving de facto war immunity to every highsec corp with their stations in a one-man holding corp was a terrible idea. And TBH, if you want to reduce ganking you should be opposed to this change since it leaves ganking as the only way to kill someone in highsec. More people spending time on wars would mean fewer people ganking.

No, fact. CCP releases economy numbers.

Other methods can be created, or adopted that are not as abusive to the community, and new players.

And you will oppose all of them unless they come with a full opt-out mechanic so you can autopilot your freighter to Jita without any fear of loss. Stop with this dishonest bait and switch attempt where a vague “someday other PvP” is nothing more than a pretense for getting rid of ganking.

it seems to be far more easier to increase destruction of things through the activities that people do more consistently.

That’s because you’re a fraud whose game design credentials are nothing but lies. Increasing destruction through PvE is very difficult because PvE is easy to solve and optimize, at which point destruction drops to zero. And if it can’t be solved and farmed with no meaningful risk then people will just farm the things that can be farmed instead.

The simple fact is that PvP is the only way to generate meaningful risk and destruction, as it puts equally capable players into a situation where at least one of them is going to lose their ship.

This is a “eve alive vs eve dead” argument.

You keep saying this but EVE’s best era of growth and profit was when the game was far more PvP-focused and suicide ganking was much less restricted.

We have proof that your position does nothing to grow the game

Nonsense. You have your own speculation, not proof.

3 Likes

Fail devs like you would never understand what your wrong.

How many of them are the bots you claim is online, that is not?

Pretty sure i said something about shifting the pvp in other directions so it still exists. Im really sure i did mention changes to the war eligibility system to also help this problem. In short, War decs are not powerful in eve and need to be buffed in their significance in the game, not just carelessly spammed to abuse peoples, or uselessly applied for nullsec. War in general should have much more of an important stance in the game (like requiring it to start sieging null sov through current mechanics).

You guys advocate for massive amounts of nullsec space, but you never talk about war decs being used by them to generate a sink for the game.

Yep, Pretty much (at least for the pvp side of it). You want to do real pvp, go do real pvp.

Btw, Fail millionare dev ceo, exactly how many people in the game really do trading with freighters?
While we are on this topic how many posts like this have we seen?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/773rd3/freighter_dies_and_pilot_quits_eve/

And you wonder why your game is dying

1 Like

ITT delusions of grandeur

What the hell does this have to do with your discussion regarding highsec suicide ganking or wardecs? The guy flew his freighter through lowsec. You’ve literally stated that PvP should happen outside of highsec, which this indeed did. Additionally, there was no “salt mining” in the chat.

This seems like the most tame example of ganking “killing the game”.

1 Like

ahahaha realy ? you are going to use an idiot losing in freighter ON FRIKKING LOWSEC to support that the game is dying ?

That’s so edencom from you

This makes your argument even weaker! If missions are so easy that even bots can farm them then your claim of “invalidating” mission runners is indisputably false.

You guys advocate for massive amounts of nullsec space, but you never talk about war decs being used by them to generate a sink for the game.

Well yes, because war is only relevant in highsec where CONCORD exists. Nobody needs to declare war in nullsec because they can already shoot each other at will.

Yep, Pretty much (at least for the pvp side of it). You want to do real pvp, go do real pvp.

Then stop lying about wanting to buff wars. You don’t want to buff war, you want to turn it into a voluntary arena combat system.

While we are on this topic how many posts like this have we seen?

Lots, and they’re great for EVE. Idiot freighter pilot put 30 billion in loot into one ship, got it ganked, and rather than admit their own stupidity they ragequit and blamed CCP for not giving them immunity to loss. The fact that EVE is a game where things like this can happen is one of it’s major selling points.

1 Like