Do Any CCP Developers Even Pay Attention To This?

I see people trying to tell ya what is wrong and nobody seems to listen at CCP. Here, lets read a couple of the posts together shall we? “When will these Trivialturds be leaving New Eden?” “Trig invasions are crushing hisec PVE” “Is EvE being purposely sabotaged?”

So look, I’ve been back and forth from EvE for a long time now. I use to enjoy trading, it was my thing to do. Buy low, sell for a reasonable profit. Now I come back, and the market fees are absolutely bonkers! Heck, lvl 5 everything in trading and I cant even sell things without losing money because others post lower than mine the second I do. Anytime you need to make a modification, A GAZILLION ISK IN BROKERS FEES. Cant even make a profit without sitting on your order for weeks or even months to try to make anything at all, and thats just if you get lucky and nobody undercuts your sells, or overbids your buys. There is no profit anymore and its sad because there was a whole economy that enjoyed doing that.

Then lets add the idiotic NPCs in the game, the mining fleet NPCs, the pirate fleet NPCs and the triglavian horde NPCs to be specific. The mining fleet NPCs take away from what people who might want to mine. For a few years back now, I’d go to a belt and it would be all mined out, oh but not by human players, oh no, by the NPCs put into the game to take away from the player base yet again. Then you have the triglavian NPCs, I’ve lost hundreds of millions to them and to the NPC pirates that just so happen to jump into your home base area that will just warp in on top of you, scram you and kill you almost instantly. I mean what the actual hell are you all thinking over at CCP? You’re suppose to want to KEEP YOUR PLAYERBASE, not SABOTAGE AND HURT THEM.

I agree with others, this game use to be fun, it use to be free and open for everyone to come in and enjoy, but not anymore, anymore it is a waste of time because there is NO FUN IN WASTING YOUR TIME! Cant even make a profit trading anymore, really? ITS A VIDEO GAME! Lose your ships and all your profit to Triglavians or pirates even if you do come out with a little scratch. Its a NO NO WIN for anybody.

You all really need someone who knows what the hell they’re doing at CCP, because obviously you dont at the moment.

Its very simple to fix

1 ) Stop the ignorant NPCs killing you out of nowhere, or even when you do go into a triglavian invasion area, they shouldnt be gate camping you, and there should still be concord involved if its highsec, its just ignorant. There needs to be a clear line of PVE and PVP. People who enjoy doing PVE things, like mining, mission running etc shouldn’t need to look over their shoulder every second in high sec. PVE people like to play PVE because it is relaxing and they dont need to look over their shoulder every second, thats why they like playing PVE. PVP is where those sort of things take place. It seems like you all dont want a PVE environment at all anymore, and thats the problem I see with it. You want to push more stuff for PVP than for anything else. Maybe its for the publicity, but let me tell you, there is no better publicity than word of mouth. Help people to help you. Seperate the PVE and PVP again like it use to be and it should be!

1. Cut the ridiculous brokers fees for trading and modifying orders. It costs more than what 1 item is worth just to modify an order. Heck, I wanted to update an ammo order, and it was going to cost like a half a million isk just to modify it. You know how many of those I’d have to sell in order to just make a half million isk? Let alone to start making a profit off of them?

2. And lastly, let Alpha accounts fly mining barges. There is no reason not to do this. It will get more people playing eve, it will boost the economy, and it will get more premium accounts for EvE, its absolutely absurd that you all havent done this yet. (are those monkeys scratching their heads yet?)

You want to bring back your game and your economy? This is how.

Lets hear all the justifications why again.

Ohhh the bots… ohhh its for your safety.

Save all the excuses because we’re tired of not getting heard and being trampled on. #SAVE EVE ONLINE

7 Likes

Perhaps CCP has added in all the NPCs to provide the needed risk that players used to provide through wars and ganks.

1 Like

Oh no! Not this thread again! :tired_face:

10 Likes

I’m not sure why you haven’t got the message. The game is changing directions, and it heading back to its roots as a competitive, PvP sandbox game. Now your confusion is understandable given for how long CCP dumbed down the game looking to appeal to a more… competition-averse player-base, one used to always “winning” in whatever game they played, but that is over. They rode that train for a while, but the cracks were showing and CCP had to step in and administer several doses of strong, bitter medicine to fix the economic damage years of carebear pandering created.

The have clearly said what they are trying to do: make Eve more accessible for new players, and more challenging for established players. To increase the slope of difficulty so there is something for all players of all interests and abilities. That means the challenge at the high end is only going to go up, and while you can still play Eve in a “relaxing” way where you can mess around with little risk of loss or conflict, that isn’t going to be where the wealth and power are found anymore. You are now going to have to compete for that with other players if you want to be king of the hill.

That is bad news for farmers and grinders. That still will always be a thing and a strategy to accumulate power, but near 100% safe, max income grinding isn’t going to be a thing anymore. We the players have solved most of this, and it’s time for CCP to shake things up and make some space for players to compete again and make sure the good and innovative get rewarded, and the bad/lazy who read some guide on the Internet don’t as much.

So, with that in mind, your ideas go 180-degrees against where CCP is trying to take the game. Specifically:

1. The Trigs are invading and reshaping highsec. Yes, that may disrupt your single-player mission running experience right now, but that is the whole point. The Invasion itself will wrap up soon, and things will get more back to normal, but they are just another form of PvE, not even that unlike Incursions which also disrupt “normal” PvE activities which have been around forever. They just have a bigger footprint, and perhaps a permanent one. So, while I don’t know what CCP’s ultimate intentions are, highsec is going to have more dangerous parts going forward. CCP could spend a little more work informing players about where that danger is so they can pick the level of risk they are most comfortable with, but it is absolutely intended that some places are going to have more risk (and likely eventually more reward) in highsec.

2. Also intended. Look, spending your life undercutting by 0.01 ISK was not a particular brilliant trading strategy despite what many players convinced themselves of. In fact, it was so brain-dead it led to the markets being dominated by bots and bot-aspirants who brute forced their way to most of the trading profits. We all had to adjust, but this new system is much better for “casual” players who play to “relax” as it frees them from hours of repetitive clicking to compete with the no-lifers and bots. Maybe the adjustment fee is a little too high, but in general the market changes made in March give some more space for smarter traders to beat the undercutters.

3. Worst idea on the list. CCP is doing their best to fix the economy by making virtual items have meaning and value. The last thing the economy needs is more ore flooding the markets. And exactly how will it get more Omega accounts if you give more gameplay - like mining barges - away to Alpha accounts for free?

So, yes the CCP developers are paying attention. These changes you are complaining about are considered and are intended to make a better game. Adding a little more challenge to parts of the game is a good thing, not a problem, and if you don’t want to be challenged, just wait a little more until the map is settled and you can get back to your safe farming in a safer system. But asking for all the game to be like that, or for CCP not to add new, more challenging content, is extremely selfish: not everyone is like you.

17 Likes

CCP: Adds new PvE content

Angry guy on forums:

Yup, that about sums up this thread.

7 Likes

@Maroosh, if you can get your standing with the corp and faction high, you can lower your broker/relist fees substantially. I’m sure you really don’t want to grind missions to do that, but while you’ll have to for the faction, USIA can grind your corp standings for you. Luckily we can show you simple and quick ways to generate up to 6 storyline missions per day to rapidly raise your faction standings.

1 Like

No, the developers don’t “listen” here, and rightly so. Your average gamer knows less about game design than even CCP does, and that’s saying something.

CCP could benefit from having a couple editors sort of review and summarize overall reactions and ideas and input from the forums. Unfortunately that only helps if you’re capable of distinguishing good ideas from bad and then executing on the good ones, something CCP has demonstrated low capacity for.

A lot of players like Black Pedro are just whistling in the dark thinking “this is all intended and good for the game and it’s CCP finally doing what’s needed”. Mostly because it’s been so long since CCP did anything really consequential with the game and because they start out from the fallacious mindset that “more destruction is good, and if it’s happening in high sec that’s twice as good”.

I won’t bother to point out what’s wrong with that sort of thinking yet again. The subscription numbers a year from now will do that for me. In the meantime, adapt to the way the game is running right now, or organize a major cash-flow response to CCP’s latest direction, or stop playing. Those are really your only options.

Complaining that you don’t like broker fees, NPC competition, and want Alpha mining barges is basically just saying “Please troll me”. The hundred similar threads and their responses would have amply demonstrated that if you’d looked.

3 Likes

Okay, first of all, CCP does listen to players. For example, I’ve heard players advocate for getting rid of asset safety and something like the quantum cores long before Forsaken Fortress and Quantum Cores were implemented. However, just because they’re listening, that doesn’t mean they’re going to cater to the most vociferous complainers.

Believe it or not, but Eve is home to a relatively diverse set of players, all with their own preferences, values, and priorities. And some of those players actually like the trig content and market changes that you hate so much. Personally, I liked the old market system because the .01 isk war gave no-lifers such as myself an advantage. However, I understand why they made the change, and think that the game is probably better off for it.

Speaking of which, do you know why they made the change? I don’t know, maybe you wouldn’t be quite so angry if you weren’t suffering from the misconception that CCP was actively trying to sabotage your play style.

Also, as others have said, you might want to put on your big boy pants and belly up to the bar. I suppose we could argue about what kind of game Eve is supposed to be, but I was under the impression that it was a brutal, unforgiving game with a harsh death mechanic.

6 Likes

Like these guys?

2 Likes

This was indeed very fishy.

2 Likes

It is good for the game.

This game lives and dies by the health of the economy. Destruction stimulates demand, in addition to producing content. Yes, CCP has to make sure that this is somewhat fun or at least the player has some agency in the destruction, but anyone looking at the game with clear eyes could see the problems years of neglect had caused for the economy and that drastic intervention was need.

And that is what we have. Some players like change, some don’t so like everything there will be differing opinions. But you can’t claim the changes in gameplay are not intended or a side-effect, so if you don’t like that, the OP probably should make an argument why CCP’s intentions are wrong rather than point out that “my game is more challenging! make it more relaxing!” when the whole point of these changes is to make it more difficult.

Post bookmarked. See you in a year to see how well you did!

It’s not really. No one is doing these silly arenas. Almost everyone is playing the main competitive economic/warfare game that CCP conceived of so many years ago. It’s just a pet project of a dev or two, and one that has essentially failed already. At best they can use this teach as the basis start of a new AT, but it’s going to be a part of Eve that 99.95% of Eve players never engage with.

They started with the Blackout and the Drifter invasion in nullsec, although they seemed to botch that a little and had to stop that treatment. They have though made nullsec mining significantly more restricted and I have no doubt that another batch of medicine is coming nullsec’s way. I agree with you it is very much needed there!

You can argue that CCP hasn’t done a very good job of implementing their vision, but you can’t say that is not the intention.

I am convinced CCP has a completed revamped and expanded NPE ready to roll out in Trig space once the Invasion is finished and establishes where Trig space is going to be. But there is no point talking about this speculation.

I also think there will be more fun coming to make life more challenging for highsec veterans and their easy profit. CCP isn’t done yet!

It is. At least for some types of play. For multiboxing veterans things are harder with roaming trigs, as is for haulers used to just having to worry about gankers. And the upcoming quantum cores will impact highsec industrialists the hardest.

But I’ll agree that implementing their vision is going to be hard. Veterans are most capable with dealing with change and you still want to have some space for those looking for a more “relaxing” experience, and of course a place newer players can still do rewarding things. But none of this vision is served by giving Alphas access to higher yield mining ships or making the market more bot-friendly or making it so highsec is so safe you can never lose anything.

1 Like

The abyssal runners are certainly excited about how difficult the T6 areas are, especially the speed clouds!

I can’t remember what it’s called, but there’s an adage in mmo game design that asserts that any change designed to benefit new players will invariably help older players more. It’s because veteran players have the knowledge/skill/characters/equipmunk to get the most out of such changes/content.

In fact, one of the reasons people complain that every change disproportionately hurts the little guy is probably because larger groups have inherent advantages when it comes to dealing with changes and adversity. They have greater resources, more personnel, better infrastructure, more 3rd party tools, and so on and so forth. Thus, any change that doesn’t specifically hurt them, and only them, will inadvertently benefit them.

3 Likes

They sure did cry like babies about the blackout though.

6 Likes

Um, surgical strike certainly made high end PvE more dangerous. They also reduced incursion spawn rates (which has greatly increased group competition) and are adding a 6th tier to Abyssals. Seems like they’ve increased the challenge to me.

1 Like

Malcanis’ law -thank you. That was driving me insane.

Mining nerfs, capital nerfs, surgical strike (which many cap owners complained about), cyno ship restictions, invasion cyno inhibitors making JF pilot’s lives more difficult, drifter attacks, and blackout -and this is just what I remember off of the top off my head. For real dude, haven’t you heard any goons complaining about how CCP hates nullsec.

The rank stupidity of penalizing players for lowering their prices is in direct conflict with a player driven economy. As I’ve said in a number of other posts on the topic, it also flies in the face of any semblance of a free market economy.

What is really running the direction of this game is the cheaters, exploiters, and huge corporations. CCPs inability to combat market bots resulted in screwing all players who list items for sale. CCPs inability to prevent structure spam results in screwing small corps and individuals who aspired to have their own structures as a measure of success. CCPs attempt to force players into PvP through a number of changes belies the fact that if a player wanted to PvP, there are plenty of opportunities. Players who don’t want to PvP have money just as green and spendable as those who do.

The infusion of the Triglavians is another attempt to ruin the solo/carebear/small corps industrialist play style. I play this game for my own reasons and I don’t need the approval or disapproval of other players to measure my accomplishments. To assume players need to feel the sting of defeat by losing ships and assets in order to properly experience the game is a mountainous pile of dung.

9 Likes

What you and CCP are starting to forget is that grinding is 99% of what keeps players coming back to a game. Candy Crush and EVE used to be the same thing. Addiction requires continual positive feedback, and more positive than negative.

PVP is great and gives you a rush, but it can’t carry a game like this for 20 years. Deathmatch games come and go; die-hard counterstrike folks exist but there are only handful.

If CCP wants to keep player participation in the tens of thousands, they will not forget the massive ratio of economy and science nerds that drive everything EVE thrives on. All your PVP ships are built by anti-social, OCD spreadsheet folk like us.

2 Likes

While we can argue back and forth in the direction the devs are taking EVE, but one thing most of us could agree on is both the timing of such a quantum change or, at least, the extremely poor communication between them and their customers. Timing a developmental change this big to have a major part of it drop before and during a time where it was known to be a major exodus from the CCP office for the summer, was clearly a poor business decision. Questions could have been answered; flames diminished.

In effect, it was as if a captain changed course for a new port, took all the charts for study, off lined both the radar and GPS for maintenance, and then handed the helm over to a new helmsman and OD as he then went to bed. How many threads did we have with people asking questions about game mechanics that weren’t clear? How many people have become more dillusioned with the game mainly because of CCP’s poor decision to remain “out of the office” for the three months of aggressive Triglavian system invasion?

CCP needs to improve their communication with their customer base by being both pro active, as well as responding to questions and concerns on these forums on some sort of regular basis. Discord or Reddit AMAs are great, but only if you know about them before time. Perhaps having a Twitch AMA that occurs over two far different active time zones over a weekend so that more people can become involved?

Third party sources (WiS, etc.) are nice, but suffer from unfortunate timing for my job and being unable to load questions before or during the broadcast and having to rely solely on guest/host input and where sometimes the panel is less than stellar on a particular issue.Again, they are helpful, but shouldn’t be used as the main source of disseminating CCP information.

So, more regular CCP information sharing on these forums, more common (universally shared) access to Q and A with the CCP community team, and the pledge to quit dropping major, game changing new mechanics and then going radio silent. We now resume are regularly scheduled disagreements.

4 Likes

Where does it say that you’re entitled to profit?
Price your items properly and you won’t have to modify them. If you don’t know what the proper price is, then do some market research before you throw your goods up willy nilly and then throw a tantrum because you’re unwilling to eat the relist modification cost.

Alpha botting abuse.
There’s your reason.

If you want to rant, then rant. Don’t come up with terrible ideas and then proclaim that you know better than a team of developers who have been working on a game for 16 plus years.

1 Like