Do Any CCP Developers Even Pay Attention To This?

I have, they have, I cannot tell you until they tell you. We, the CSM, are still trying to get them to modify the plan.

This one can have a lot of answers but the best that i have seen is that Eve is not a game but a living space simulator. They want it to be a living thing where it is not just players shooting red squares. As such there is npc traffic, miners, factions. Did you see the article about a dev finding two npc groups fighting by themselves?

I can ask but I will lay even money that they will say that it was an ‘unintended consequence’ and yeah, fighting Trigs for the Caldaris was rough. Me? I lost a base in Sakento. But fair question. Have othe rfaction warfare systems for other races also been lost?

m

1 Like

That’s… ominous.

3 Likes

great

ah, I see . . . okay that one I will put int he book

m

2 Likes

We have NPCs that pod, NPCs that gate camp. How long before we have NPC Noctis that loot and salvage battlefields?

2 Likes

and npcs to call the minmatar trash on local

3 Likes

More Kruul in local!!

We should get random NPC fleet invites and convo requests, too.

The only problem with this line of thinking is that null-seccers aren’t in the habit of collectively stupidly losing assets like high-seccers are. They’re not just going to throw out a bunch of ships to “help out” the economy. They’re going to figure out a way to game the system to get the maximum benefit with the smallest possible expenditure. You won’t be able to make them take involuntary losses short of deleting said ships from their hangars.

There are ways of addressing this; CCP is just dumb. For example, they could make it so that the more you undercut the lowest order(s), the smaller your broker/relisting fees become.

This makes me 100% want CCP to implement their plans without CSM input being taken into consideration. If the CSM is against it, then it has to be fun and exciting.

1 Like

The CSM was unanimously against Metaliminal Storms, so we’ll find out :slight_smile:

1 Like

And blackout. And everything else that interferes with bot-farming 0.0 space to pay off their real-life mortgages.

#DefundTheCSM

1 Like

Nope, I like them. I think they are a cool additon. so we will not be unanimous on that one

m

1 Like

Then what was that CSM letter about?

CCP is shaking up Eve. This was telegraphed loud and clear by management last year. Maybe this link is a good written summary if you don’t want to watch the CCP interviews and presentations on YouTube:

But to your question, Faction Warfare has bigger problems than the Triglavians. The whole thing needs plenty of work, but the Invasion isn’t there to do that. It is to shake people out of their ruts, apply some pressure and make room for things to happen. Old systems, dynamics and groups will be strained or even break, but that makes room for new growth.

That is all bigger than “CalMil”. Once things settle, new things can happen and while I don’t know CCP’s super secret plans, redrawing the map via this Invasion is just step one of new things coming. Maybe that is a revamp of Faction War, or a replacement, but it is definitely due for some love.

We aren’t in the dark. Look at the link above, or the blogs posted by CCP Ratatti and the ecosystem team. Like this one:

The economy is unhealthy. Changes have been made and will continue to be made to try to improve this. CCP have powers only dreamt of by economists and governments to influence the economy, and while they obviously have to keep us somewhat in the dark to what is coming, they have been amazingly clear as of late as to the motivations.

Linked above. Or if you do have the time, maybe give this a watch:

But really, this upheaval is almost over. The Invasion is wrapping up and the map of New Eden will settle down. The Trigs will have a permanent presence, and whatever new content CCP is planning will have a place to live in this new Trig space. This Invasion already has, and will continue to offer new opportunities and content for old and new players alike.

New Eden hasn’t been this alive in a decade and it promises to only get better. Let’s finish with an ancient quote from a CCP dev:

EVE is a dark and harsh world, you’re supposed to feel a bit worried and slightly angry when you log in, you’re not supposed to feel like you’re logging in to a happy, happy, fluffy, fluffy lala land filled with fun and adventures, that’s what hello kitty online is for. - CCP Wrangler

5 Likes

IF you are referring to the letter about not messing with the war? Yeah, this is a random thing added in but as it is random it is (hopefully) not ccp with its thumb on the scale tipping the balance.

I am sure there are some null folks who will disagree with me on this and they should be happy that they have some reps on the council as well. (Just a few)

now you’ve done it, they are talking about slashing my wages in half.

m

1 Like

Homer: “So Lenny, how much does this job pay?”
Lenny: “Nothing”
Homer: “D’OH!”
Lenny: “Unless you’re crooked”
Homer: “WOOHOOO!”

Unfortunately, Hello Kitty Online shut down permanently a few years ago. :cry:

1 Like

But Eve Echos just opened!

Right, but I’d like at least a little bit of PvP in my MMO.

1 Like

It is funny how the miners in Eve mostly want to play a solo game - they go to nullsec primarily to avoid having any interaction with the other players. You have to wonder . . . why would they want to play an MMO? Eve Echoes is probably just what they want.

The thing with Ichoriya is complicated.

1. Ichoriya was our staging system, and the jumping off point/rallying point. Newbros were able to get accustomed to entering low sec from here into Akidagi (as I began), get comfortable with the area, then slowly begin to learn the ropes from there. Now that Ichoriya is gone, CalMil has scattered throughout, as there is really no equivalent system for these purposes. FW being what it is, Ichoriya was crucial to the entire Faction.

2. CalMil dug in and fought hard, as we were led to believe was the correct move. After we lost, most CalMil was, obviously, hugely negative to trigs, so picking up and moving on was… well, the killboard speaks for itself.

3. The above caused a great many people to leave CalMil out of frustration or hopelessness.

4. I do believe other Factions were hit by trigs, but a number of factors contributed to those factions suffering far far less. Someone else would need to chime in on that, but the main issue was that the invasion happened so quickly and Caldari ships were useless (which is of course what every CalMil had trained up for). But, from what I’ve heard, I don’t believe other Factions lost anything of significance.

2 Likes