Do ships align too fast?

well then that’s hs and ls :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, I have always said every ship needs a massive nerf to align and a buff to warp speed.

Right now it highly favors people who don’t want to engage in PvP, this game is supposed to be dangerous but so far what I’ve seen lately is WoW tier baby hand holding anywhere in kspace and most of wspace.

Here’s the situation I’d like to see.

1. generally speaking all ships of the same size can lock one another based on base align time

2. ship X fits a nano so he can align faster, this means he gets away from most enemies

3. Enemies respond by eating a quafe, fitting a sebo, receiving remote sebo from a friend, fitting a signal amplifier, fitting a lock time rig.

and that’s basically how evolution works, lions surely must be able to catch enough food to live otherwise we’d have zero lions. Those antelope who can escape are the ones who fit a nano. The lions who can catch any antelope they run at are the ones who fit a sebo.

don’t you just love how this game always favors people avoiding pvp and at the same time the game always favors people forcing PvP?

generally when you have the whiners equally whining on both sides you can assume you have a good balance

1 Like

again there are frigates in eve that lock every frigate faster than their unaltered align time you are asking for what already exists.

if you want EVERY frigate to be able to lock EVERY frigate you are going to brake balance in the game. belive it or not agi and lock times play a role outside of this little bubble

1 Like

There will never be really balance as long as local exists, its too powerful of a tool to avoid PvP.
Even wormhole has its own local in the form of signature window.
Speaking of balance, I thought this game was supposed to be dangerous?
What happened to EvE being this ‘cutthroat hardcore game’, surely having a window that tells you exactly everyone that is in system and ships that can warp in under 2 seconds should not allow a game to fall beyond the easy category in my opinion.

When you have chinese and russian hackers have to inject code into the client to avoid local to find kills, you know you’ve got a bad balance.

i love how this game is both simultaneously works in such a way you can’t catch anyone AND it is impossible to avoid getting caught. local really is fine. if you personally don’t like it then move to WH (in no way is watching for sigs even close to the same thing.)

1 Like

It really is, once you have rolled out the holes you can practically rat in peace even safer than kspace, why do you think capital escalation ratting is so safe?
The Statics won’t pop open for at least an hour if you don’t jump them.
New roaming sigs pops, warp out.
Just like local.
Now if only this didn’t exist, or if only ships took 50% longer to enter warp, maybe there would be danger in a game that is supposed to be all about risk and reward.

… the number of times i have killed people some times even the same people who thought that way.

from the looks of things you do very little wormhole pvp at all

I wish local was competely removed for a few days just to see theese so called hunters crying here about that they cant find targets now

Already happened, did you not remember a few weeks ago when CCP broke local?
Or the russian/chinese injecting code to remove themselves from local?
The result was this so called hunters were collecting massive amount of carebear kills and salt, to the point of many big alliances massive pinging people to not go rat until it was fixed.

No i dont remember. Local wasnt removed, it was working for some and not working for others but whataver it doesnt matter how ccp changes the game, some people will always whine about it.

Injecting a code to hide yourself from local in eve is like an aimbotter in cod and i expect a hacker to collect alot of tears lol but its a completely different story.

Damn, it wasn’t even fully removed and kspace went into a state of panic.
I don’t even want to imagine if they fully removed it, it would truly be too much fun.

Injecting a code to hide yourself from local in eve is like an aimbotter in cod and i expect a hacker to collect alot of tears lol but its a completely different story.

But not really because wormholes exist and they sort of not have local, it is cheating, don’t get me wrong, but its not steering far from an aspect of the game that already exists somewhere else.

There was a few threads about the bug on the forums but nothing more. At first it would be strange for sure, but very soon you would see gatewatchers instead of local. The only change you would notice is that your alliance would tell you to go and watch the damn gate.

But they already do that, on top of local.

I have not seen that but yeah it could be very easily.

I have never once thought that ships align too fast. Do people actually think this?

Read the damn thread

Nope.

edit: ok I read it, what do I win?

2 Likes