Do you want local? Vote!

To that I already know at least a good part of the answer.
Renter space and Delve in particular: Very.

Ironically, Delve is probably the single least affected Player NS region by losing Local.

Goons are more than capable of watching their own gates, and reacting rapidly to interlopers.
Ie: You might get in, but you will never get out.

They may experience the occasional roam/interloper via WHs, but are more than capable of dealing with those, with rapid and overwhelming force.

1 Like

F1 button pushers, who hide behind the group, are not necessarily not carebears.

2 Likes

Wormholes need to stay wormholes despite my hate of local

I dont understand your point.
Please elaborate/explain.

WHs remain unchanged.

I mean only wormholes can have no local, local shoukd stay with null and low

Why?
Whether Player NS has Local or not, does not change WHs.

If you don’t want local in low/null, then just go into wormholes? No difference right?

If Local is removed from Player NS, then the same can be said to them:
-“If you want Local, then go to somewhere there is Local.”

This isnt about where people want to be, because of Local.
Its about whether there should be Local there.

But its the players that are asking for no local, not CCP that’s wanting to change that.

We dont know what CCP wants to change.

They apparently accidentally impaired Local function, and the response to that has been very positive from players.

I dont see positive responses, i see memes.

If you like WHs, why arent you there already?

dscan wont work as they can be docked/outside the 14 au range unless we expand it,

scouting doesn’t keep a mach from uncloaking to bump you while the gankers could even make their way from another system. (yes ive followed gankers for 1-2 jumps to a freighter that they ganked over by amarr)

ive seen freighters try and protect themselves with logi, logi died than the freighter died (but anon that’s to expensive) they don’t care, and if you had the chance to lock and alpha them off the field before they could do enough damage AG might actually get somewhere.

1 Like

Nothing stopping CCP from upgrading D-Scan and having modules /ships (interceptors) capable of using d-scan better, before removing local.

1 Like

Even CCP Cantmathgood is against local
screen

2 Likes

I also can log my 20 alts and try to manipulate it …

1 Like

In null sec, as long as cloaked cyno ships exist I think local needs to stay.

Without local, a ship with a covert ops cloak can easily pass through 20 gates, light a regular cyno and have a titan bridge in… anything… to a system with almost no chance of the local sov holding alliance knowing. The only warning you could get is if you were watching gates/hitting D-scan for gates in that brief moment when the cloaked ship is uncloaked at a gate before activating the covert ops cloak.

Wormholes don’t have hotdrops. Nullsec does. That does change the gameplay a lot and must be considered. You could nerf dropping in some other manner to balance it… but you can’t leave dropping like it is now and remove local. It wouldn’t work.

4 Likes

I agree.
Imo, cynos activate too fast.
That would be where I would start working towards correcting the hotdrop issue.

1 Like

YES agreed, both can be fixed at the same time local and cyno’s/Dropping. Cyno’s need an alert and a warmup period before anything can jump through giving people a chance to remove it/cancel it before it becomes active, and there would need to be a way to cancel the cyno before the ship dies, allowing smaller factions a strategic way of preventing hot dropping, without it being something common that fits to every ship something very specialized.

If this is achieved then the stories will be about how people used clever tactics and diversions to sneaky in a cyno and have it run its full period and them wam! GG op success or at least stage 2 of the conflict.

“Guys local is down I repeat local is down, how did we miss the infiltrator. Spy’s sir. You mean it was one of ours?! Sir cyno’s, cyno’s everywhere we don’t have enough men to cancel them all. What have you guys been doing all this time WARP and disable them dammit!! …too late sir, their cap fleet is sitting on us its over man… how is it over where is our cap fleet? They baited us out 4 jumps…and are blocking us from getting back in, at least we killed their bait super…#wrist but now they can kill off our entire fleet and take the system…”

1 Like