Do you want more protection from people in highsec, or less?

People actually think things like this are an issue which is what is sad. 95% of the people complaining about things have no idea of the underlying mechanics they complain about.

1 Like

I think he’s saying that because they’re all incompetent failures who can’t manage to stop you, Big Brother needs to step in. We apparently can’t have a minority of people having minimal impact on a tiny amount of other people.

Yeah. These guys’ world view can be summed up in three words: Ignorance is Strength.

1 Like

All those taunts just prove ONE thing…

I’m right and you are not…and if “people like me(whatever this is,some people have strange enemy images you know)” grow in numbers…good…then in the future the right things will be done…

A part of freedom is to give up if it is the price for peace…

and if in the future “people like you” don’t, then “right” thing will still be done. Which means, you are right or wrong depending on uncertain variables (the growth of number). Which means, you are wrong by definition (because you accept as right something that can also be accepted as wrong).

There is only one right and one wrong…variables do not count…

Black and white…comprises are just dilution of what has to be done to solve problems…

You are wrong, and so anything you say does not matter.

you hope so…

What kind of :rainbow_flag: :shit: is that?

Aren’t most of those JF’s AFK?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

You have to be a paid troll. No one can be this obsessed with a game they don’t even play, unless they have serious mental issues. I hope it’s the former, not the latter.

My previous post I stated I was fine with the way highsec works. BUT, if they were to make some changes, I can see making a more noticeable difference between the various sercurity levels in highsec. How exactly, not sure. It could be interesting to fit a mining ship for .6 space much differently then .9 space. Or any ship that you fear could be ganked.

Ganking is actually at the base level a simple matter of N+1 based on DPS and time that you can apply the DPS. The difference in time that the ganker has and the increase in numbers is directly related to the security system. Suggest that you look at JF ganking in Jita as an example in terms of the numbers and ships used. Jita is an 0.9 system and CONCORD react in roughly 6 seconds, make that 8+ if they have been pulled.

Note nearly all Talos and there are 25 of them, note the three tackle ships, a Talos is a very high DPS ships 1,500 DPS by the way.

Compare

That is an 0.5 system which is 19 seconds but 22 to 24 if CONCORD pulled, the ships used can be up to 550 to 600 DPS and there are 33 on the kill . This is actually a well tanked Freighter so it required a little extra effort. on the part of the gankers.

Does that help?

PS Note that the JF had no tank as it was fit to align quickly, I would doubt that high grade slaves were fitted either.

The griefing is a part of any online game and EVE is not an exception. CODE is doing it in its own way. May it be. The bad thing is that griefers are trying to project all this kind of content to players actually and not to their in game characters by using smack talking as usually like “your momma…” and …

Your toxic insulting response looks like to a stupid anecdote situation at a restaurant:

• Waiter, wait! These shrimps are rotten!
  • Why? Because you ate ‘em! Hahahaha!
  • No! Because they are green and stinks.

Finally, I found one of the most tanked ship in the game. Thank you! Well, spam GF in local GG.

Now let’s talk essentially. I’d like to train into simple Freighter, but I’m not actually interested at all in JF due to required Omega ALTs. I’m not ready to pay for those ALTs. I’m not a 0.0 dweller of this level.

I just tracking the Freighter and JF zkillboard during the last 8 months maybe. Time ago, like a year ago, JFs were destroyed rarely at baited Freeports and in 0.0 systems because bubbles maybe. Since this summer they were destroyed frequently in different low-sec systems and, during last autumn, a lot of them were destroyed in hi-sec systems, including 0.8 and above systems. I was sure that they are among the safest ships until recent events. Tankiest ships? Well, a bad tanked JF (fitted with cargo expanders) has like 550-700k EHP, which is very close to a good tanked Orca. A good tanked JF, which is an Ark or Anshar with full Bulkheads set, can have between 750 and 950k EHP, which is very close to a bad tanked Carrier. To suicide gank ‘em with a fully fitted into dps fleet is a joke. But not everyone will fly fully tanked JF (with implants) like nobody fly a Titan fully fitted with Officer modules.

A Rorqual has the same price, even cheaper, and it also has a Nexus Core (panic button), a Cyno emergency button, a 2-2.2M EHP and can fight back with a set of drones between 200 and 1000 dps! Like a lot of ‘■■■■’ to escape. Practically impossible to gank in hi-sec (if allowed) and very hard to gank in low- and null-sec. But by some reasons like a lot of them are destroyed every month.

A low tanked Super like Hel has like 12M EHP, but costs two times more than a JF. The Hel costs two times more by having like 16 times more EHP or survivability abilities.

As I posted few posts above, I have no idea why they didn’t use a cyno emergency. They have like 15-30 sec for this. I don’t know how Sort Dragon lost two Avatars at once near his Keepstar, like a PL pilot lost a Vendetta in Kenobanala and 4 months later the MC lost few Titans and Supers at the same station in Kenobanala. IDK how players lost all those Titans and Supers in low-sec during the last year, just push a cyno button. And how Brisc Rubal, with his corp mates, lost two Ragnaroks a Vendetta and Revenant in Syndicate few months ago on a citadel bait. Supers and Titans are very hard to tackle and even harder to hold for a long time. Did they used a “Cyno Scrambler” in low-sec? All those players are very skilled in such kind of warfare with years of experience of using cyno jumps. There can happen a lot of bad things, at least once per 1000 attempts, like it happened with Ronnie Kray when he lost a Molok due to DC. A Molok and a Comodo costs a ■■■■ load of ISK, but at their price they have super high survivability. A Comodo can survive like 110 DD, while a Molok can sustain a small Dreadbomb for long time.

The JFs aren’t balanced based on their price (high), survivability (low), effectiveness (low cargo, high fuel cost and risk per jump). They look like to T2 Frigates and Cruisers before they were rebalanced and got those Assault Damage Controls. Why nobody used those super tanky T2 Cruiser before that? I think the JF mechanic isn’t an interesting and fun tool, like it’s not fun anymore to bump Titans and Supers out of Tether with Orcas.

To gank a JF in 0.5 systems like 75 T1 Catalysts are required => 185M ISK!

To gank a tanky JF in 0.8-1.0 systems like 15-25 T2 Talos fleet is required => 1.6B – 2.75B ISK

To rebalance a JF somehow is possible in two ways: by increasing their tank or by reducing their hull cost to 3-4B ISK.

Cyno emergency has an essential flaw in systems close to the Jita space – with a massive and organized operation you just can “cloaky spy” and collect intel about frequently jumping pilots around by identifying their routes and cyno ALTs. So, as soon as a known JF will appear on radars, having such a data table, it’s enough to destroy those ALTs 20 sec before the gank and while the target pilot will aware of what happened it will be to late. This is why @Nevyn_Auscent mentioned about an army of cyno alts maybe.

1 Like

Note the Moa and the two pods on the Fenrir kill, they are all suicide tackle. Even if they have an out cyno ready they have to have the cyno already lit and jump within one to two seconds of de-cloaking, because a second later the point hits.

Also note that the gankers have characters ready to blow up out cyno’s that are already lit.

Initially I thought that those JS were destroyed at Ignoitton stations and in hi-sec due to DC, lags or other anomalies. But with recent increased amount of random JF kills I changed my mind, because it can’t be real to destroy so many different JF of different pilots on a such a regular basis. The RMT assumption also disappeared, because a lot of those JF were empty. Finally, as you posted above, I noticed that Red-Frog’s pilot Jita zkillboard too. What in the World? That pilot is doing JF hauling periodically, it’s what he’s doing in this game.

Tacklers are used, under neutral corp pilots, just to not let JFs to warp towards a bookmark unexpectedly. It not blocks the Jump Drive, as I understand, right?

If you are pointed you cannot jump to a cyno, your understanding is incorrect.

I can tell you a lot about the destruction of JF’s, the ones that destroyed in lowsec by Supers are because the player using them warped to the gate rather than align after undocking from a station, this means that he has had to cancel warp and then hit dock, and the alpha of certain heavy fighters will blow them up before he can dock. It is a fatal mistake to make.

Another method is to bump them as they come out of warp at the gate, many gates are like stations in that you arrive just outside of the range of the gate and they can be bumped out of gate use.

The gankers make so much ISK that they can easily afford to blow up empty JF’s. They are 11bn kill mails after all. I think that this indicates above all the unbalanced nature of freighter ganking in hisec and the current stupidity of CCP in terms of the balance of the game here.

1 Like

Aha. So, a simple pointing blocks Jump Drives of all ships from Frigates to Capitals, while Supers’ and Titans’
Jump Drives can be blocked by HICs and other bubbles in null-sec only, right?

It’s a known issue, which can be experienced on Industrial ships even, it can take up to 10 sec to change the stance. Most of all it’s experienced on Deep Space Transport ships.

Interestingly, the worst scenario can happen with Epithals at POCOS. If to hit the Warp To, the structure can bump your ship periodically afterwards, it sometime causes some sort of bug which disallows you to stop the warping action.

if you are pointed, you can’t jump at all, from anywhere. The warp str of caps only allow them to not care about warp disruption/scrambler modules when aligning to somewhere else.

It’s not an issue. It’s how the game was designed. The jf request to jump to next gate ; at this moment the cyno alt jumps in a super with heavy bomber, the super insta locks the JF and bashes it under 2s.the alpha of the bombers is enough to make the JF get exploded in one shot, the super then aligns to safe/poco/citadel, and warps there, needs to wait 2 min to get rid of the weapon timer, and then waits for fatigue to end, then gets ready for next target.
the only defense for JF are 1-get more ehp to not get alpha blapped, 2-align instead of jump directly from LS. this way when the cyno is lit, just need to dockin station instead of ctr space, wait one second, right clic dock, wait one sec… too late you are dead.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I understand that a difference already exists between security levels. I was suggesting a bigger difference, maybe. I like the way things are. If a change was made I would enjoy trying out new fits. Maybe even try ganking myself…

Interesting topic I would prefer more time spent fixing or improving the pve, and pvp content that has much larger problems. Faction warfare bots, and Gila only abyssal for a couple examples. Oh and some of the pve events seem very hit or miss.

@Dracvlad, @Anderson_Geten

Thanks for the suggestions referred to a Capital Jump Drive E-War. I had wrong thoughts referred to it due to a bad article. The next descriptions confused me also

wd2

ws2

Therefore, JF’s are much more nasty than I thought…