Do you want more protection from people in highsec, or less?

You’re right, the PoS doesn’t show up that way. I do forget about those now that they’re being phased out. The customs offices still have a HUD marker, though, and the PoS locations are static per moon, so still possible to find without combat probes, though the combat probes can make the job much easier.

The structure thing, we are told, is a stopgap measure to prevent a small number of wardec alliances from running rampant with oppressive wardecs of players who just want to form social groups. The actual finalized system is something we as yet know nothing about. You may want to join the wardec roundtable on January 5th, if you’re interesting in sharing your ideas in a forum where they may matter more, prior to the finalization of that system. It could offer some valuable insight on the state of affairs today that might benefit someone who’s been out of the loop for 7 years, too.

I will surely try to be present there.
It’s not that I want safer high sec, but as it is atm the amount of wardecs where nothing get’s shot at all is absurd.

If a defending corp or alliance could get ONE location of the nearest structure of the attacking corp it would most likely decrease the craploads of useless decs and will most likely also increase the amount of actuall fights happening.
And no, using alts in NPC corps to spy around, bump ships out of alignment or even tackle them just so the mains can log in in time to get the gank isn’t really fighting.

Won’t happen. We know who the most coddled are. Maybe the new bosses will do some firing.

1 Like

It’s been too safe for you too, Siggy.

1 Like

You’re literally saying one of the tankiest ships in the game with a teleport out of danger button needs buffs because they die due to multiple pilot errors hahahah :rofl:

Link the killmail of your JF I killed. I’m really curious how high or low on the complete idiot scale you were when you lost your JF to me :joy:

4 Likes

Base ehp is not the only measure of tank. JF are not that tanky. It’s just a dps test vs Concord. Sure the logistics of ganking takes effort to set up, but the gank itself is child’s play.
If they had real fittings, and couldn’t be trivially bumped all day it would be quite a different story even under the current Concord timers

2 Likes

What do you mean too safe?

1 Like

I may be grossly misunderstanding the issue, but… couldn’t you just… boing?

Sure you could be in a system where you can’t jump out, but that seems to defeat the purpose of jump freighters.
Kind of a saltwater fish in a freshwater pond problem.
Or a tiger as a housepet problem.
Or a huski in Miami.

You get it.

Sure assuming you have a cyno alt army sitting around.
And assuming the jump part is why you have it and not the at least increased buffer over a normal freighter.

And then you have your JF sitting in low and have to go run the gauntlet again to get where you are going. So all that does is delay the engagement, while all the ganker has to do is win once. It’s not a balanced equation when one side has a postpone button and the other a win button.

Note, I am not saying the act of ganking is bad, just that the way it currently occurs isn’t a healthy interaction.

1 Like

You don’t need an army, and there isn’t a JF pilot without cyno alts.

As for having you JF sitting in low, etc., we are playing a game. You have it wherever you need it and/or move it. That’s what they are used for.

As for sides having a win button, I hope you are referring to JF pilots. It take a pretty lazy or incompetent JF pilot to die in highsec and that’s exactly the way it should be.

I also hole the same view of those that die in lowsec and nullsec. It takes laziness and incompetence and anything that results from lazy, incompetent play shouldn’t be cried over.

2 Likes

That’s really my point. Why are you using a jf for some other purpose than jumping? You’re just gonna have a bad time.
A br or dst will allow you to freight your cargo to your jump off point or from the jump in point to a hub much more quickly and safely. Courier contracts make the process even safer.
Yes, a jf has a bit more tank than a freighter, but it costs 7x as much and it’s just as slow. It’s always a much more enticing gank target than your average freighter.

1 Like

Who wants security can have it.

Like losing a 30B JF?

Your cargo is insured, they are paid to do the job.

You don’t like this procedure? No problem, but don’t whine about JF losses then.
Seriously people? Some complain about a so-called lack of security, you show them how to achieve security and then they complain about too much security?

1 Like

B.U.M.P.I.N.G. it’s written in the post.

A triple a-type ark with slaves has 1.1mil ehp, JF’s are tanky.

Yes. And besides CODE. and Goons, there isn’t any other groups that can field enough dps in the higher sec systems to kill them.

Yeah sure it is :roll_eyes:

Lol so dumb. It’s not enough they have so much ehp you need like 20-55 Talos to kill the tanked ones, the problem is they’re being bumped apparently hahahahaha

What is a cyno? :rofl:

1 Like

Stupidity kills.

1 Like

That’s hardly true. You only need about 15 characters/15 characters or alts (including suicide tackle) to kill a JF. Even in Jita it is as few as 21 chars out of which 3 are suicide tackle.

Funny things like these two JF happen as well: 73 alts on a rather worthless semi tanked Ark but only 52 chars on a loot piñata. So not even the argument of getting more people on kills just for lols holds much merit.

I said higher sec status systems. Learn to read. And you literally picked the biggest anti tank fit on the most vulnerable JF. The non idiot ones are flying arks with highgrade slaves and a types having more than 3 times the health of that nomad requiring a fleet of 55-60 T2 Talos pilots with good skills to kill in Jita.

Not to mention the 10-15 support chars we run on Jita fleets and all the knowledge and practice required to catch people with a teleport button, it’s not like we can fail and bump them to rerun them in 15 minutes, they cyno.

This is all ignoring the 30-50bil + of Talos to sit there for a day and all the prep. There’s a reason only CODE. and Goons kill them with any regularity.

1 Like

The non dense people do that. Looking at the killboard there is no shortage of less fortunate people available for ganks, though.

Despite potential personal differences … Thank you for your service!

Anyhow, this thread is not a place to discuss non-issues. We should tackle real issues, like how our new players are heavily discouraged from interacting with others in a socially binding way.

That doesn’t matter. You don’t balance the game around the weakest links. JF’s are the safest ships in highsec, they have a ridiculous amount of ehp so the amount of players there to gank them is already low and a teleport button they can use at any time to get away safely.

If they notice I’m ready to pounce on a gate, they have like 2-3 server ticks to click their cyno before the fastest time I can point them which can be slower due to lag. The only reason I ever catch them is due to either their lack of knowledge or their sheer stupidity.

1 Like