Doctor Who event

Nothing alien etc is going to be injected in the lore aspect per se… Capsuleers won’t know that they encountered aliens, and nothing in game is going to have any names etc from Dr Who.

Very different.

The Doctor is a kid out on his own just looking to see the sights and have fun.

Q is a kid out to make trouble for the fun of it.

BTW, I met John de Lancie at a small Star Trek in Virgina many years ago.
He was just as pompous and arrogant in RL as his character on the show. :unamused:

2 Likes

A must view. Very long, but huge insight into this event and so much more.

A lot of fuss about something most people probably wont even notice.

4 Likes

Removed a large number of posts. Keep it civil and on topic, thanks.

My apologies in the late reopening. I have fired the memory cells in charge of reminding me to reopen threads that were closed for cleaning and replaced them with a very loud buzzer.

6 Likes

From the first release: “Unearth Doctor Who-related artifacts and use them to track down the Dalek menace.”

Have you even read the article?. DALEKS.

I, for one, am super excited for this. It should be a lot of fun.

1 Like

NOTHING IN GAME… meaning what you see in game, will say biomechanoid or something along the lines… sure we’ll say dalek etc out of character, but OUR CHARACTERS won’t know.

MASSIVELY!

These Dalekt are by definition aliens. And you have giant saucer spaceships engaging you. Where is nothing of this “alien”. Maybe CCP is stupid enough to assume these ships or Dalek are “thin air” but capsuleers aren’t.

WHOVIANS!

REDNES

Meh.

This player thinks it’ll be a lark.

So long as it’s a temporary thing.

–Gadget enjoys fun

2 Likes

I met him after he started voicing Discord, and he’d mellowed out considerably.

People change and grow.

–Gadget thinks EvE does as well

1 Like

I have 100 acres of land out in Delve that only floods (with Goons) 6 months of the year - He can have that for 200 mil isk.

Half the current player base would have no idea what that is.

Now that could make for an interesting crossover event.

Fozzie really needs to wear a cap when appearing on camera, the glare off his head is blinding and distracting.

This is an insult to all the older devs who now have to work on this crap cause it’s their job. It’s and insult to all the existing players who have to endure this mess, and it’s an insult to EvE’s history.

It’s also an insult to EvE’s image in gaming industry. I first read this article on some mmorpg portal and thought it was a joke. Sadly it wasn’t.

This dark game of cutthroat pixel spaceships now has this appalling event advertised with bright purply dr. Who characters. Just can’t make no sense in any angle with this. What a sad sad time for this community it is…my true and sincere condolences to all still involved with EvE.

3 Likes

If they wanted a crossover that actually made any sense, they’d branch out their own story line into other forms of media, instead of trying to leech from a different IP.

They could make an R-rated TV mini-series, or use their Korean connections to contract an anime studio for a pilot series or animated film (e.g. what EA did with Dead Space, which was great).

If the show turns out to be good, not only would it bring more people into the game, but it would also bring the right kind of people into the game, if the show does a good job of presenting EVE’s core concepts properly (e.g. that there’s piracy, deceit, corruption, etc. all of which are things that draw in television audiences, who watch shows not to see some characters mine space asteroids in a “relaxing manner,” but to see violence and political backstabbing). This isn’t a possibility when adopting someone else’s feel-good story, because it’s usually not possible to modify the content of the adopted IP.

1 Like

EVE has already been shown to be apart of a multiverse so to speak. look at EVE Echoes. different universe than EVE Online.
this is just a short event that didn’t cost any extra money or time (they would have had another event most likely)

2 Likes

It hasn’t been this for a long time bruv. And that’s on the players, not CCP.

If this were true, Aiko would be one of the most celebrated people in EVEdom.

I do think an EVE netflix series would be cool. With good actors and writing it could do well. I mean BSG caught on and that used to only be for super sci fi nerds.

or an adult swim animation.