Does anyone notice nobody talks and local anymore

OMG, I forgot about the chat bubble! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I don’t waste my time because too many morons, BS, and market scams…

2 Likes

Heh. You should see their private chat.

They have always been all about “Carebears are toxic” yet every time, they are the ones spewing crap in local. Yet they get someone to “reeeee!” in a convo and post it online.

I’m just saying, it’s a bit toxic for them to “cry out as they strike” so to speak.

1 Like

Wait, a wall of text saying “everyone believeing what Aedaxus and his friends experienced are [insert derigatory word here] but the real reason are undisclosed changes in mechanics”.

I don’t know what changes but i’m afraid to be a gullible idiot if I don’t agree with you, so you must be right. I think the forum mechanics changed too? Or is it most people realizing it’s just a gathering room for pseudo-intellectuals using clever words to make each other look like retards?

2 Likes

You are still trolling. I’m not a victim. Have you not been reading? Of course you don’t. You are too busy pasting. I was with old school C&P learning the ropes back before it was all “hurr durr durr my merc group best group”. I used to play cat and mouse with Meat Sausage Express in the Parts system and learned how not to get stealth scanned from their CEO and he was good enough to get people who spammed the D-scanner for probes just about every time.

You made a claim. Found a link to support it. That’s cute. But apparently you never experienced it yourself. You think it’s something. Perhaps you should gank somebody then see if you can push their buttons into a frothing rage. I’m told it aids player retention.

2 Likes

You made me laugh out loud with this:

Nice one!

4 Likes

AHH! That is the proof I needed that CCP is part of the Deep State! I mean, it’s obviously on the Internet, so it MUST be true, right?

Well, if I were to run a bot, it would talk. Maybe just a friendly “Welcome to my system.” when someone new enters local. If you are going to make a bot. You might as well make a friendly one.

2 Likes

If your looking to chat in local then Hello Kitty Online is that way ----->

But still all people do is complain endlessly when local goes down. Go figure.

1 Like

I’m gonna throw my eggs in this basket.

By experience, local’s died off over the years, because the population has become diluted with either far too much or far too little to do.

If you’re mining you’ll inevitably tab-out or AFK while the miner does it’s never-ending cycle.
If you’re scanning you’re busier keeping track of your probes, d-scan and who is in local rather than sharing a g’day or your findings (to avoid becoming a target).
If you’re doing courier duties (either mission, personal, or contract), then you just don’t stick around a system for long enough to care about starting a conversation in local.
If you’re doing industry you’re likely nose-deep in spreadsheets.
If you’re staging for PvP, then attracting your prey’s attention is something counterproductive to your end goal’s fun.

At the current state, the game has too much and yet too little going on to get people to interact with each other beyond the essential.
The good fights are in null sec, where people probably would rather use external apps anyway.
There’s lots of people in high sec (for the most part), and they’re stretched thin, because even in higher sec space it’s safer and less nerve-wracking to be in an isolated system with very few people inside. And yet the few that are there are likely to try and ruin your day for the sake of it (or that’s what one would perceive if they were paranoid enough or had enough experiences of that kind).
In low sec you’re not bothering to look at local beyond knowing who’s there and smack talking them.
In WH, local is… counter-productive? Yeah, i’d say that counterproductive describes it.

Want people to start talking again in local? Either lower the stakes or up them with something that people will want to talk about it.

The tools to create that condition are already in place, CCP.
Use them.

4 Likes

OMG I just realized something.

“Anon” is a term used on the chans. And if this is the same guy, it implies he from Australia… anon… Australia… HE’S AN AUSSIE SH!TPOASTER! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

He’s singled out gankers in the post you’ve quoted and then thrown a wobbler when i show how would-be ‘victims’ react when ganked (or proven wrong on the forums).

You’re saying what you need to say to defend his disproportionate reaction.

See above.

Herzog_Wolfhammer has singled out gankers. If he wanted to include more demographics in his blame game he could and still can.

It’s pretty typical that you ask me to prove myself but say I’m not allowed to include a non-specific group.

I have some links ready, but first you list for me who you consider ‘guardians’.

He posted something that deliberately omitted part of the story. I filled in some blanks.

Context wasn’t the issue. Disagreeing with his narrative was.

I’ve been ganked and received the usual mail, had some back and forth. But nothing came of it and i haven’t been posted on minerbumping.com (i don’t think). Maybe it’s because i don’t blow up in a nerdrage when things don’t go my way.

You should try it.

You don’t see how you pull these little passive-aggressive jabs and word choices. If I wanted to argue with a lawyer - or a woman - I’d pay one and at least have a good argument for my money.

Do you realize you got mailed because they wanted to see if you sperged, right? I showed in this thread that what they say in local is just as toxic as they claim they get out of their victims and post online. I know this will prove nothing to you though. Because your mindset is rather common these days and nothing can be proven to you.

It’s not a big deal though. This thread is all about a solution after all: not talking. And your little passive-aggressive barbs are just as irritating and demotivating as some of the things we see in local.

3 Likes

You’re trying to initiate a loop., which is par for the course I suppose, but at least you didn’t lead with an ad hom this time, so you gain a few points for that.

I’m not going to “name and shame”. I wouldn’t anyway, but it’s usually against forum rules.

But if you post a specific link that matches your claim, but is just spiteful nonsense from a consistently destructive poster I’ll point them out to you.

However there’s a condition: if I do so, you take no action whatsoever to turn this into a topic-destroying flame war.

It should be an easy condition to meet: just link posts from people who are consistently polite and usually honest.

Note that I don’t care if they have opposed every single opinion I ever shared here: the condition is about politeness and rational communication, not “sides” in the never-ending “reactionaries vs revolutionaries” debate.

2 Likes

Sorry, should i just straight out call you sick? A tumor?

You don’t like passive aggressive posts and yet…

Maybe you should read your posts again before you make more hypocritical posts.

About as much as smacktalking in general or wingspan sending mails to deliver torpedos, or your posting above with particular ‘word choices’…

It’s not against the law to rib other players or rub salt into the wound to a certain point and it certainly does not justify some of the reactions you see on websites like minerbumping.com. In the same way your response to me was disproportionate.

Attempts to draw players into a mud throwing match can be looked at on a case by case basis. Sometimes it may cross the line like the whole erotica1 thing. But you seem completely ignorant of the fact that a lot of the times, the ones crossing the lines are would-be ‘victims’ like yourself and people shown on minerbumping.com.

Again, check your own posts mate.

You’re trying to make me prove myself with a trigger ready to say;

‘no that doesn’t count’

:roll_eyes:

No the “loop” Elena refers to might be the same kind of loop whereby you pick one word out of a sentence - since you are weaponizing carefully chosen words yourself you are now sensitive to it - and then spawn new arguments on that one word.
Where have I seen that before? :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t have a lot of time at the moment, and in the current thread climate this post will likely be buried anyway, so I apologize up front if it shows I’ve taken less care in crafting this one.

My memory of chats springing up in local from a HS carebear point of view ‘back in the day’ was that most of them started from asking for help. Particularly with gate camps in the nearby lowsec system. There were also rallying cries for the occasional pirate activity and people might form up an ad hoc group to combat this type of behavior.

Typically this ended badly for the defenders, but I don’t recall a lot of frustration over the loss of the ship or the perceived unfairness of the rules. People were certainly grumpy, but channeled that grump into plotting in game vengeance. Biding their time, acquiring stronger hardware, more friends, or whatever they reasoned would turn the tide.

The biggest problem I see to having people talk in local in high security space is that there is nobody to talk to, even if you see names in the list. The industrial residents are distracted. I am guilty of being docked up and afk so that I show in the local list even when I am unavailable to talk to. If you speak up a few times and it feels like everyone you see ignores you, you’d probably stop talking.

The next issue I see is that even if you are having a problem, such as a gate camp, and you speak up, chances are very low that anyone would be willing to help you. The current local residents in the HS systems I see are combat adverse, whereas in the past a single pilot would be more likely to share industry and combat roles on the same pilot. Your indy alt is there, but your combat main is somewhere completely different living a totally separate life aside from financial support and you don’t want anyone to know the two are connected. Even if you do have the inclination to help, it is not sufficient because practical concerns will get in the way.

A third concern is that there’s not a lot to get help with. In order to get help, there would need to be an obstacle put in your path that you needed help with, and for which you could reasonably be helped to achieve. The example of this I can think of is again the gate camps. Missions and skill book needs would send players into the spoopy territory and they’d die to some guy who, knowing people had to go there, set up an ambush. Steps have been taken to obviate these problems, like purchase of skills directly from the skill sheet. The fewer players are available to be hunted, the fewer hunters. The fewer hunters, the fewer people need help. If you don’t need help, you don’t ask.

For my part, I authorize and encourage people in my corporation to help any newbies who need help in any way they would like to. (Though I do caution them against just giving isk.) I keep a box of freebie stuff for them to use or distribute as they see fit and offer it with the sole condition that the receiver is to use the item themselves as opposed to selling it for isk. Nobody’s talking, but I am listening. If you’re stuck or in trouble, say something. I might be there, and I might be able to help you, but only if you speak up in local so that I know that you need help.

7 Likes

Sure, the NPE tutorial / game introduction is a lot more informative now, however back then there was an overwhelming amount of players who were ready and willing to help. Didn’t matter if you asked in local or in corp chat, players would get answered very quickly.

2 Likes

That site is biased and the viewpoints expressed in it are one-sided.

3 Likes