Does Gate-Camping Add Value To EVE?

If you’re trying to play an MMO alone, you’re really only hurting yourself. Make some friends.

4 Likes

adhoc CCTV ??? welcome to New Eden…

1 Like

A wise man once said that Eve is an MMO and playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy.

2 Likes

its already been done

Lowsec gatecamps are fine enough though I have no idea why would you want to sit on a gate for so long.
If some sort of a fix is wanted (but imo there is no need for it), the simplest would be to have concord come after a while, but they wouldn’t pursuit. A gate camp can still happen, but it will have to disband after each kill.

Nullsec gatecamps are also incredibly boring, but additionally have very annoying bubbles. I find these bubbles very stupid because some ships are immune and the others have no counter - neither is good imo. But fixing in a way that makes sense (= not just simply give bubbles 1 point and make them not stack) seems hard.

Bubbles are a non-issue, they are almost always aligned on gates. Bouncing on celestials and bookmarking gates make those, in most situations, irrelevant.

On another thought: Id like gatecamps, where solo-players wouldnt die and respawn. Id like it if they would be highly encouraged to make friends that can help.

Therefor: blockade -> yes, instadeath->no, surprise -> no, danger->hellyeah.

We will see what will Pearl Abyss said about grifing new players and ganking :laughing::joy:

They are going to dumb down the game. You will feel Home.

Bye, have a nice life …

Mimi you suck. Enjoy your afk mining.

Currently doig AFK fishing in BDO, will go back to Eve when PA get rid of scumbags like you …

Scumbag, from a retard like you is music to my ears.

1 Like

You will have to get use to it.

To retards ? I love them i collect their corpses.

This is new killboard up max size of the breast (black desert) | Undertow Club you are just obsolete

Better obsolete than dumb. Obsolete you will be too.

1 Like

You’ve just jumped through a gate, and there’s a sabre, malediction and a bunch of other ships on grid, buzzing around like angry bees.

How far away from the gate are you? Can you time their orbit to get out of scram and web range in time to burn back to the gate? How far away is that sabre? What’s the range on those disrupt probes again? do you have time to overheat your mwd? oh ■■■■, gate cloak is about to drop. it’s decision time - what do i do? align out? burn back? how does that mwd/cloak trick go again? gate cloak has dropped - it’s time to act.

your heart is pounding, your mind is racing, and you remember that eve is a dangerous place. as your hull gets ripped apart and your pod ejected 4k from jumping back through the gate, you make a mental note to learn more about navigating safely through nullsec, and figure out what you could have done differently.

thankfully, your pod jumps back through before it can be squashed. and sitting on the gate is the other sabre you didn’t know about.

if any of this sounds interesting or exciting to you, then yes, gate camping definitely adds value to eve.

2 Likes

Weak-sauce ■■■■■■■■ story. Loosing your ship gives you a session timer so you wouldn’t be able to jump through the gate before being podded.

Name checks out. :stuck_out_tongue: