Donation problem

There once was a war in EVE over some person calling some other person mate.

1 Like

I wonder, is this really a gay thing? Calling people mate, I mean?

I’m not your mate, buddy

4 Likes

I personally never got starting donations, but I did get like 20mil back in 2009 when a guy ganked by Bantam when I yanked his can and he thought I was something shinier… he called it a bribe not to post the kill since he didn’t want it up there with all his faction battleship kills xD

1 Like

Really? I’d believe it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think so, myself. Here in America we don’t presently have any good words for saying “good hangout friend.” If you say bud, it sounds like you just gave the guy a cig. If you say friend, it sounds like you’re setting him up for a scam. If you say dude, it sounds like you’re challenging him for some kind of pissing competition. If you say man, it sounds like you’re a Vietnam vet. Also, it’s internet, the person you’re speaking to isn’t especially a man. Mate from Australia is the best we have for just saying “yeah, good guy/friend.”

1 Like

Im not your buddy, mate

(im kiddng)

1 Like

http://mangala.rvbganked.co.uk/the-mate-war-begins/

2 Likes

Oh lordy, The Mate War. Ha, that is so absurd and hilarious, still laughting from the write-up of it.
-Yellow Federation joins in RVB’s war against the offended “mate”-callee and his wardeccing compadres.
-RVB guys described as “mostly drunk but bloodthirsty.” Very insightful description, I can say as a proud RVB alum. I can completely imagine that fleet of 180 RVB cats in any kind of kitchen sink T1 frig or dessy, every hardly herded guy itching to try to draw some blood.
-NCDOT comes in and WTH RVB purple fleet prevails.

Thanks for sharing, that’s a classic. You never know what kind of stupid fun shite might happen in this game.

1 Like