Donation problem

So, im very new to the game, and the thing that i love to do most is ask for help and such on the rookie chat, today… the most amazing thing happened, people in the chat just started donating me… i never asked for it… i never begged for it… they just gave it to me, so one or more of the people that i used to love to talk to in chat started calling me names, saying bad thing about my mom for calling him “bro” just for the money that i got.

now, i just dont feel good about the money, the happiness that i got from the donations is gone.

i sent a message to the guy, telling that im sorry if i offended him in anyway, and got not respond.

i just want to know, did i do anything wrong?

please answer me.

thanks.

2 Likes

You didn’t do anything wrong. Donations to rookies are a long standing Eve tradition. It’s little money to a vet and a lot to a newbie. If someone got pissy about your reaction that’s on them. They probably thought you were a troll or a fake newb for some stupid reason.

You shouldn’t feel bad.

7 Likes

Yeah what Cade wrote.

Nothing on you and donating to new players has a long tradition in EVE.

Don’t sweat it.

Now go out and scam more ISK from other players…:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Thank you.

thats means a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol xD

1 Like

Bro, if someone starts yelling at you because you called him bro and starts crying because you made loads of money and he did not, slap him with a wad of cash, call him bro again just out of spite, harvest the tears and sell the salt for profit. This is Eve - there’s no need for kid gloves.

Unless of course you want to play nice. There’s nothing wrong with that. Just get used to people being upset by whatever it is you are doing, as there’s lots of potential for that in this game.

2 Likes

That is how you get donations. Now beg for donations and you will get bounties :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i just started 2 days ago, didn’t want to start problems with anyone… u know…

but thanks for your comment :slight_smile:.

2 Likes
  • ill take ur words to heart
1 Like

Just remember to pay it forward to some noob (when you can afford to :wink:)

4 Likes

ofc without a doubt.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, shameless plug here for Eve University.

If you’re new to the game, want to learn about a bunch of different playstyles, and/or want to go lose a stupid number of T1 hulls then go see about applying to Eve University.

At the very least check out their completely free and open library of classes on all manner of subjects in Eve, and their Wiki. Both are a huge help to new players if you haven’t found them already! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You will likely get into trouble with someone eventually if you play this game to its fullest. Don’t worry about it - they can’t take anything from you that many players wouldn’t take anyway if they got the chance. Even if you try to be nice and never mess with anyone, you will still be messed with. During my first month in the game I already got several death threats and declarations of foreverwar by people who apparently knew all the big wigs in the game and knew where my house lived and what my mother liked to do in her free time - even just looting the “wrong” wreck or mining in the “wrong” belt can trigger a reaction like that sometimes. Never has any one of those ever affected my life or even just my game beyond a short moment of amusement. It’s a game, don’t worry too much.

3 Likes

Some people are strange, some are having bad days, maybe in some languages “bro” can mean something very offensive, or maybe someone prefers “sis”. I think its not your fault anyway. :hugs:

3 Likes

I got yelled at a couple of times for calling people “mate”. Apparently they thought I was questioning their sexuality or something.

5 Likes

Don’t take it personally. The people that are giving u grief over reviving isk you weren’t out begging for, forget them.

Take the money and put it to use. As a Max skilled alpha, I spend maybe 5mill on a mining venture, where I used to spend 300mill on a exhumer. I can fit dozens of ships for what I spent on one.

There is no shame being a newbro. Since I lost my implants a while back, I’m not even that scared to get jumped in a wormhole.

3 Likes

Crap on them. Any decent conversation is well excepted in my opinion. They were looking for something to grip about

2 Likes

lol, i assure u its a guy.

1 Like

thank you all, very much. i really do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart clichè

i really do mean it.

2 Likes

Yup, been like that ever since I started playing this game +9 years ago. I also received a couple of ‘starting’ donations back when I started. Which I’m sure has happened to a lot of new players.

And that’s exactly what they told me when I thanked them for it. And over the years in keeping with tradition I’ve done the same thing with other new players. And I’m sure a lot of other ‘Vet’ players have done the same as well.