Dream Story Masquerade Ball ~~~OVER~~~

Channel: Sapphire Gate

Masquerade! Seething shadows breathing lies
Masquerade! You can fool any friend who ever knew you

WHO: Everyone*
What: Masquerade Ball
When: July 20, 1900 NEST
Where: Castle of the Sapphire Sun, Deninard IV

I am now the proud owner of the Castle of the Sapphire Sun on Deninard IV, which was first built by Baron Moger Dallocort, a noble of the Garoun kingdom in 1612AR. He ruled over the first colony there, and his descendants inherited the title until the Federal Charter came into effect. Following that, the Baron, now an elected title that in practice went to the descendants of Baron Moger, continued to rule over the city of Malipense. Fifty years ago, the City of Malipense divested themselves of the barony and elected a mayor at large.

The castle itself is some 100 kilometers from the town, and the lands comprise about 50 square kilometers. It is mostly built out of stone in an ‘Ancient Garoun’ style, though does contain modern amenities.

One of the main features of the castle is the grand ballroom, with the ability to fit 300 people easily. Now, how can I have a ballroom with no balls?

I can’t.

So, on July 20th, I intend to hold a Grand Masquerade Ball starting at 1900 New Eden Stardard Time.

Everyone is invited*. Yes, everyone. This is a masquerade, and it is expected that all be in masques and costumes that conceal their identities.

The venues that will be available to guests include the Grand Ballroom, which will be playing classic music. The courtyard will feature a bonfire and buffet in a spacious outdoor setting just adjacent to the Grand Ballroom. Guess may also enter the Garden of Blue Roses by passing through the Hall of Statues adjacent the courtyard.

Since this will be open to pilots from all races and empires, a few ground rules are in order, to ensure the evening goes pleasant despite the myriad cultures I hope attend.

There is no nudity allowed. Nor are sexually obscene costumes allowed. No weapons will be allowed. No nanites of any weird kind allowed, be they Sansha, clothing-dissolving, or fire-starting. Guests engaging in inappropriate behaviour may be warned or removed with no notice.

For more information on costumes, click here.

*Nauplius is not invited.

P.S., I am starting to think this invitation needs a change log.

10 Likes

Miss Lithara,

Let me start by saying what a wonderful event you have planned, I hope, no I am sure it will all go according to your plans. With such security measures and door policies you have in place, the same blanket measures and generalizations which you bemoaned our location for the other day. Of course you reserve the right for yourself to put such measures in place, after all, it is your event and your location.

In conclusion, I am happy you have come to see reason with door policies such as these and I hope you will forgive me for keeping to mine.

I hope you have a wonderful evening.

Sincerely,
E.V. ‘Faith’ diAngelo.

P.S. Seeing how I am holding my annual holidays with the family, I sadly won’t be able to attend.

I am sorry you will miss it.

As far as my door policies go, I am sure you do not wish to be discussing this in public, Miss diAngelo. The door policies are there for this party only. If someone wishes to come to the Harvest Moon Festival later in the year, well, if you’re not dancing naked around the bonfire by midnight, you’re not really having a good time, are you?

P.S. for those wondering, the Dream Story Masquerade is NOT the Harvest Moon Festival.

Excuse me, ma’am, I simply don’t understand, how such disgusting, depraved, obnoxious, disgracing, obscene and humiliating to human nature activity could even be remotely considered a “good time”…

It’s a different culture, Commander Kim, so you have to understand that what you might call comforting discipline might feel restrictive and repressive to someone else. In that case, momentary dissolution of the social order would be quite a relief.

4 Likes

So, I have been informed that it’s customary to come out as Sani at the ball, not before the ball. Oops.

Everyone is still invited, and to the Amarrians that wanted to come and suddenly feel like they cannot:

It’s a masquerade. Get a really good costume, a custom jump clone, or any other of the myriad ways to disguise yourself and come have fun.

2 Likes

Sounds interesting.

2 Likes

Still Sani is way better in my book than same… Angels.
Blood Raiders are pirates. Angels are pirates - they all are KOS.
We don’t have such notion as heresy in the State, we don’t even have strong beliefs, like same Federals who drools like zombies about their freeduhms and democrazies. We treat Sani only as… suspects in piracy: not straightforward hostile, but somewhat… cautious. For me it’s nothing wrong in visiting Sani event.

Unfortunately, it still looks too gallentianized and hedonistic to interest me. Im sorry.

I pray to that one day it will be possible to advertise for an event here without someone bitching. Today is not that day unfortunately.

3 Likes

I have an assignment for you, Diana Kim, should you choose to accept it. Your job will be to go undercover to infiltrate this party for the purposes of information gathering, to better inform the State about the nature these types of balls.

You must acquire an undercover identity so cunning, so amazing that no one will guess it’s you. You will have to blend in with the rest of the party goers. Compromising your identity will compromise the intelligence mission.

Above all, you must not blurt out 'Ewwww. Gross!" when you see two women kissing each other. This IGS post will self destruct in two minutes.

6 Likes

I will… think if it has a merit to do so.

2 Likes

So, there’s about a week until the party. I hope you all have your costumes ready or almost there!

Some final details can be found here.

These are the kind of partys where alliances are made in the Federation. Someone with a keen ear would be able to discover who’s committing what to whom and various other bits of Intel.

2 Likes

Or even potentially learn of impending attacks. Alcohol makes people talkative and reckless, after all.

2 Likes

Bravo

1 Like

Is this a +1 event?

It’s a plus however many you want to come event. Open invitation!

2 Likes

It’s hotdrop o’clock

3 Likes

This is happening tomorrow! I am so excited, I cannot put it into words! I look forward to seeing you all there.

Tomorrow, around 1600, coordinates will be given out for landing here in this thread and the Summit and Intergalactic summit channel.

Watch this space.

1 Like

For those wishing to attend, the channel ‘Sapphire Gate’ is where you’ll find directions for landing. See you all there!

2 Likes