Drone Assist issues in PVP

I’ve had an issue recently where I use a drone bunny (Hyena, Keres) to assist drones, but after killing my first target they do not switch to my next target.

Example: I target ship with my webs/disruptor, the drones all assist and eventually destroy the ship. I target the pod and web/disrupt it but the drones do not assist. Essentially after the first kill, they stop assisting.

I have never had this issue vs NPC’s so I have no idea why it works like this when I PVP. Any Ideas?

Setup: Hyena, 5 Algos with 5 drones each (so 25 total).

I think that in pvp you need to manually tell your drones to attack something. Having drones automatically engage stuff that you’re not attacking through other means creates a setting where your drones may create limited engagement / suspect / criminal timers for you without your explicit input, which is something that can have nasty side efects (especially in high sec.)

For example, say you’re a venture mining in low sec with combat drones out. I decloak next to you in an astero and attack you (this gives me a suspect timer in low sec.)

• If your drones do nothing, and I kill your pod, I get a criminal timer (can’t enter high sec) and an extra sec status hit,
  • If your drones engage me, we get a limited engagement, which means I get to kill your pod without repercussions.
  • If your drones engage me, we get a limited engagement, and you manage to escape and warp to high sec, the limited engagement means I still get to kill you in high sec without CONCORD intervening.
1 Like

Does this only happen vs pods? Or two ships in a row if you test vs players.

Has happened against Pods and other players, which is the frustrating part.

BTW, this is in Null Sec.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.