Drone ship pve in highsec l4 not viable anymore.. fix suggestion included

Got a Pirate Corvette? It’s either that or kite and peck + drones.

This was mine:

[Velator, Dagan Killer]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Small Shield Extender II
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Light Ion Blaster II, Void S
Light Ion Blaster II, Void S

Hobgoblin II x2

BC got nerfed. Also it was never fine, it was… doable.

YMMV, of course, but my hurricane beat battleships at running missions in dodixie, when it was still a lvl4 mission hub. I went there to piss off mission runners by shooting the NPCs faster than them, but in fact ALL except one single guy thanked me for helping them. Not just for clearing them with him together, but for being much faster than they could have been.

Which means they were pretty much all doing it wrong.

Besides which it’s not about efficiency, it’s about fun. I know a guy that ran level 4s in dessies and cruisers for lols and the challenge.

2 Likes

I have no idea what you’re trying to tell me.
It clearly is all about efficiency, or at least the attempt of being efficient.

What’s really weird about this is how people consider missile ships to be efficient.

Hm.

It’s definitely not about learning how to play the game and dealing with opposition,
otherwise we would have appropriate ship restrictions for missions.

There are people who aren’t just farming them for money, like the guy with the dessie,
but that doesn’t change the reality of the majortiy.

Missions will eventually be fully replaced with something that isn’t easily farmable …
… and oh boy, that’s a good thing, because even more carebears are going to quit.

That not everybody is looking for the same reward. Some play to increase their wealth, power and influence, some to shoot people in the face, some to massacre NPCs, others are just killing a little time.

I rarely login these days, maybe 2 or 3 times a month for an hour or 2; I’m not looking to be efficient I’m looking for something that’s a bit of a challenge to occupy a little time.

I’ve become a casual bittervet who plays the forums more than he plays the game, how bad is that?

2 Likes

This is an “everyone’s different” statement, which is … worse than you posting more than playing.

You can’t just talk about “everyone’s different” without talking about percentages of people doing things this and that way. “Everyone’s different” statements are usually void of any actual meaning and only block any further discussion about something. In fact, most people aren’t even different at all.

Don’t let yourself be fooled by this nonsense.

So, I gotta say … Yeah, so what? Of course different groups of people do it for different reasons,
but there’s always a majority that usually all does it in the same way, for the same reasons.

Usually that also means it’s a stupid way, because that’s just how masses of people work.
They’re simply not smart. You know that just as well as I do.

Were we talking about everyone generally …
… or a specific group of people specifically?

Stop posting and you might start seeking social interaction in the game again.

Though that certainly didn’t help for me. My last EVE-spree lasted only a few days,
and I’ve even subbed, because I thought would last longer. But no … I just stopped again.

Killing people again, randomly, was fun for a while and meeting new people doubly-so,
but holy ■■■■ … what’s the ■■■■■■■ point anyway. I’m sure you understand.

Maybe my situation changes when losses actually are meaningful again.

Inb4 someone responding with : “You give your game meaning. If you fail to do so, then the problem’s on you”, to which I’d respond: Well, mate, if your life had any meaning you’d not be wasting it in a ■■■■■■■ video game.

Only if they were badly fitted or flown BS, which is just a fact really: most PVE players (the people doing the missions) have zero understanding of fitting, damage application and whatnot. BC got nerfed a bit, mostly in the tank, slotting and mobility. They weren’t godly for lvl 4 missions, not even slightly.

A well fitted, well flown BS always outdid them for that role.

True, most people follow the herd.

They’re simply not smart. You know that just as well as I do.

A person is smart, people are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it ~Agent K

Stop posting and you might start seeking social interaction in the game again.

You have a point there, good idea.

I did NOT mean to drive you away!

1 Like

I feel my life has meaning. Video games are a hobby for me same as many other people enjoy their various hobby activities. Of course, everyone’s different. :wink:

I want to spend half an hour writing a huge post, but I just can’t afford to do so. :frowning:

You always make time.

There are things which can’t wait.
Like a friend.

Well, he could wait.
But… he’s waiting for me to show up. lol

Scratch that, not around yet.

1 Like

This still happens. It was never fixed.

1 Like

Sorry for not replying for so long… Very long list of reply which I’m not going to go through now.
Have been busy playing swtor.

As those of you have played swtor before, all class is summoner with their companion system.
I’ll try to read through when i’m bored with swtor and return to eve again.

Then you have no defence against ships that damps

Killing drones is often the only way to beat drone ships in pvp

Drone ships have it too easy, try engaging elite sansha cruisers that perma jam your long range turrets down to 10km even less, you’re basically a sitting duck, wish there was more discussion about this type of unfairness instead.

1 Like

The thing is that lazies complain to be able to be more lazy. Non-lazies just suck it up and adapt, that is why you don’t hear much about Amarr laser users trying to deal with Sanshas and Blood Raiders.

1 Like