Drone ship pve in highsec l4 not viable anymore.. fix suggestion included

I am pretty sure that different rats use different AI. Once a mercenary aggro’s you, he isn’t going to ever attack your drones.

1 Like

AFAIK there’s always a chance that an NPC will switch targets once locked on to anything, IIRC there’s also a loose class system in action; frigates may attack lights + bigger, cruisers mediums + bigger and battleships heavies.

I have seen a battleship NPC trying to kill light drones with heavy missiles though, dumbass.

3 Likes

Violin

5 Likes

5 Likes

Good.

Search the forums to see the same complaints in regards to nullsec anomolies and drone AI changes to see how those who wished to play the game dealt with that.

Essentially use a drone navigation computer or two, train drone navigation skill, pay attention and manage the drones rather than depending on them to pause between automatically aquiring another target, pop frigates first.

yw

3 Likes

No, go away.

4 Likes

No, drones are still extremely powerful for PVE despite all the changes and the extra NPC damage resist to drones.

1 Like

If nobody asked.

Can I have your stuff? Because we both know CCP is not going to change it.

2 Likes

i tested using 2 geckos, 2 augmented hammerhead, 1 augmented hobgoblin.
i bring 2 squad of these to test. almost all drones in both squad are damaged and 1 hobgoblin lost.
i tested on l4 mission world collide. (not completed due to losing 1 hobgoblin and most drone in low health).

constantly relaunch drone and enemy (including battleship) constantly retarget my drone.

i doubt EOS can tank the whole room by taking out all frigate first.

i don’t mind manually tell the drone to target next.

bot still roam the server in whatever ship automatically.
as for afk farming, making pilot need to constantly return for repair while launching another drone to replace the one being repair will definitely solve the afk farming as well.

even if you are using t1 drones, how often can you replace them before you need make a drone reinforcement run?
beside, gecko cost 100m… losing 1 = takes forever to farm it back. how much ammo can you buy with 100m?
if you say it’s only fair for player to lose drone as turret/missile boat need to pay ammo, i won’t mind they start implementing ammo for drone as well.

i agree. that’s why i suggested to auto repair drone while in drone boy so that you can relaunch it after it has been fix mid combat instead of warping away to station when you are in angel extravaganza bonus room.

thanks for all your constructive reply. greatly appreciate it. as for the trolls, you are free to flame as your opinion too.

after thinking about it with all your input, i still think making drone auto repair on drone bay is good. perhaps i don’t mean fast repair like carrier mechanic, but maybe few minutes depending on the severity of the damage? this way, it will make sense to carry multiple squadron of the same type so while 1 squadron is being slowly repair, you can launch another one to take it’s place.

alternative suggestion by other/me:

1. make rats stop targeting drone but remove drone autotargeting so pilot need to manually target just like turrent. (@Ira_Infernus)
  2. make drone consume ammo as well just like turret
  3. increase drone bay capacity so we can carry enough squadron of the same type to finish 1 l4 mission like angel extravaganza and world collide without needing to dock up and repair.

again, what do you think? your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, a COMMAND SHIP is having trouble tanking. A class of ships that are known for the extreme ability to tank and highest T2 resistance profiles. Link your fit.

2 Likes

This is one of the worst missions to be using drones for, all variants of it are decidedly drone unfriendly, the elite ships munch them like popcorn. You’re better off with a missile boat tbh.

angel extravaganza lvl 4

This has numerous elite frigates that love to kill drones, it’s doable in a drone boat but you have to keep your drones on passive and a rack full of guns or missiles in the high slots.

Spawn management will also help with drone aggro, if you don’t already know the triggers then eve survival is your friend.

https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports

1 Like

l4 mission world collide battleship… not really battleship but the entire room drop aggro on me and target drone. rats that i didn’t aggro also target drone for whatever reason.

i have rack full of medium pulse laser on my tested EOS and i do use them when i get into range. i was using afterburner for a bit of speed tanking in EOS.

Link.
Your.
Fit.

2 Likes

Stick a small armor rep in a high slot.

Why? That’s a monstrosity; how long have you been actively playing Eve?

3 Likes

That you should adapt to the ways things actually are now in the game rather than wish.

Obviously not. You were given answers but if you choose to dismiss what you don’t want to hear as “trolling”…well…whatever…good luck…

5 Likes

We’re gonna find out that all of OP’s problems came because his Eos was fit really badly, lmao. Medium pulse lasers on an EOS, omg.

1 Like

I mean, an arty shield Myrmidon is fun, but a laser Eos?

2 Likes

I like how OP ran away as soon as he was asked to show his fit.

the reason i choose laser is due the ammo cargo space constraint. i was using the ship cargo to carry extra drone… and laser ammo last forever.
i didn’t post my fit because i was lazy to log into my account… but since there is high demand, here you go.

[Eos, Eos Singularity]
Federation Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Centum B-Type Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Reactive Armor Hardener
Centum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Corelum A-Type 10MN Afterburner
Federation Navy Omnidirectional Tracking Link
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Medium Micro Jump Drive