#include <cstdlib>
#include <time.h>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main() {
srand(time(0));
int number;
number = rand() % 100 + 1;
int guess;
do {
cout << "Guess my number between 1 and 100: ";
cin >> guess;
if (guess < number)
cout << "Incorrect, you're number is less than my number." << endl;
else if (guess > number)
cout << "Incorrect, you'renumber is higher than my number." << endl;
else
cout << "Correct, that was the number I picked!" << endl;
} while (guess != number);
system("PAUSE");
return 0;
}
There, that’s some code I wrote for my original C++ coding class in college… 20 years ago. Its pretty simple code really. I’ll break it down for you.
It loads the various commands needed. It then picks a random number between 0 and 99 (it says 100; but computers consider 0 to be the first number); therefore, we include ‘+1’ in the code to get the number between 1 and 100. If you’re curious, the random number is actually picked off a seed based on the computer system time.
Next, we ask for the player to guess the number. The program then compares the guess (the variable name assigned to the number entered by the player) to the number randomly generated by the program. If the guess is lower than the number, it outputs a statement and then ends the ‘do’ list. If it fails that (the number is either equal to or larger than the guess), it goes to the next line of code that determines if its larger. If it is larger, it outputs another statement; and we leave the ‘do’ list. If its fails that if statement, it is both not NOT higher than the guess and NOT lower than the guess; and therefore is correct, and we output a statement saying they guessed the number.
Yes, they do. And they are working on other projects, I’m sure. Like cleaning up other problems in the code… and likely working on the T2 Edencom ships. In case you didn’t notice, we recently had another patch… which is something the coders were likely working on. So, this statement is pointless.
Its not hard to argue against you. You have no facts and no evidence to support your argument.
Show me an argument fallacy I’ve had… outside a few ad hominem attacks… which you opened the door with by using them.
Nope… wrong. Round one was won by me. No fouls committed here. Try again. You want a do over because you’re buried and you know it. That doesn’t happen in debates.
What facts? Your entire argument is ‘I think this idea is cool and therefore it should be done’. That’s not facts, that’s not evidence. That’s an opinion. You need to support it with facts.
Dude, its not hard to find basic code online to help with computer programming classes. Hell, you’ll probably argue I found that simple program online. And I’ll let you know now, you’ll likely find a program similar to it. Why? Because its literally the same project used to introduce the commands, do, if, else.
First of all, as someone already pointed out: you do not set the terms for discussion on these forums. And no, if I don’t accept to continue it doesn’t prove I’m out to prove myself to be out to belittle someone. You wanted to start a new round and you’ve already done an argument fallacy: argument from silence.
And let me explain why I won’t accept your terms. Judging by your current ‘debate’ skills, I’d be playing Calvin ball with you magically changing the rules whenever you couldn’t defend your position. You’ve already had to resort to multiple argument fallacies… and then claim I’ve made several of them too… which I’ll concede I’ve made a few ad hominem attacks… but you’ve used far more argument fallacies.
Not your forums… you don’t get to tell me what I can and cannot do here. I’ve explained why your idea doesn’t have merit. If you understood the basics of coding, you’d understand that what you’re suggesting is a good sized undertaking. And as many of us have pointed out: why write code to do something that can already be done in-game with existing code? Literally your own argument is: because its new, which is an argument fallacy as already explained: appeal to novelty. Literally, that has been your entire argument. That’s it. Its new and you think its cool. That’s not factual, that’s not evidence… its strictly opinion.
I’ve already engaged you on these terms. You want to backtrack because you’ve been called out for how weak your argument is. You want to start fresh because you’ve been called out for using argument fallacies. You want to start fresh because you know you’ve been beaten and don’t want to concede.
Pointing out your argument fallacies isn’t antagonism, its pointing out the flaw in your argument. Also quit trying to butter me up with complements about being in Moira and my intelligence… that ■■■■ doesn’t work on me.
Because if you want to have an honest debate, you have to stick to the facts and not use argument fallacies.
Actually, yes, you have. Let’s go over it. You said my response was:
Like it or not, this is an attack on me and not my argument. So, yes you did insult me. Let’s continue:
You called me negative. Just because I disagree with you doesn’t make it negative.
Parochial? The definition of that term is having a narrow or limited scope… I see your view, I just see all of the issues with it. Again, this was an attack on my person and not on my argument. Again, you want a reset because you have used ad hominem attacks.
You even apologized for it:
I refused your apology because I said you didn’t mean it based on how you were acting… and considering you’ve continued use of multiple argument fallacies as I’ve outlined… my reason for not accepting your apology was proven correct. Because you did this:
Another ad hominem attack including a switching of roles. I became the new guy and you became the status quo guy. rolls eyes
Next, you attempted to say I didn’t know anything about code… which I proved above. Its a simple program, I admit. But I haven’t done coding in… 20 years… but I still remember the basics.
Actually, I have the entire deck here. I’ve done coding, you have not. I’ve done debate; its pretty obvious you have not considering the number of argument fallacies you use.
Actually, most of the spam they need to sift through is you going on about aircraft… which you’ve used as both a false equivalency and a red herring argument fallacy.
Ummm… who has been doing the ad hominem attacks between us? You. I’ve addressed the topic with valid and legitimate facts. You’re the one who has provided no real facts other than ‘this is a new idea and I like it; therefore, its good’. Again, not a personal attack… but an assessment of you using the appeal to novelty argument fallacy.
If you invalidate the probe, you invalidate the probe launcher since the launcher does nothing except launch the probe… and maybe buff it, depending on the launcher. This statement is wrong. Its factually incorrect.
Again, you are providing no facts related to this argument. You use red herrings, appeals to novelty, and factually incorrect statements (see the above comment about probes).
Seriously, you should be thanking us for responding. This thing would necro in 3 months if we didn’t. Which might be for the best.