Dual-boxing anomic agent missions

– TLDR - what two ships should i use for anomic agents missions instead of one blinged? I know mechanics, I just want to use two cheaper/lower skilled ships and every guide I’ve read involves around solo ships.–

So recently I turned to missioning, got myself up to L4 and I’m looking to do anomic agent missions.
I’ve been using 2 pilots all along, currently running L4s in 2 buffer tanked Gilas. It goes really fast so far, and while I realise there are better/faster fits and most people suggest doing different missions for each pilot, i find it relaxing to pick up two missions at the station and take both of the pilots to each mission.
Now, since I can use two pilots, I tend to stay away from blinged fits and I make up for that with the added firepower of the extra ship. I want to do the same for anomic missions. I have figured out a setup for doing the anomic teams, basically using a fast 100m-worth vargur and a 5m ecm griffin.
I want to do something similar for anomic agent missions, like using 2 moderately fit ships instead of a blinged solo ship. The reason is, like I said, I don’t like bling, I like safety (I.e. It doesn’t hurt as bad if my internet drops), and my skills aren’t up there yet to be able to use every ship and module that is usually suggested in the great guides you find here and on YouTube, which keeps me locked out from most of them right now. For example, I have caldari frigate V, but none of the other races, so when people suggest enyos for the gurista agent,I can’t do that. I have to figure how to balance this by bringing two ships.
So my question is, what two ships can i use for anomic agents? Like, when someone suggests an Enyos with a certain fit, what should i downscale to if I used two ships? Same for the rest of them.
Any help appreciated.

I made a 2 part video about using dual nergals. Unfortunately, the fits are from before the Surgical Strike update, and I haven’t updated them. Thus, you’ll want to play with the fits until you get an equal or greater EHP/s repair (be sure to set the correct incoming damage profile in Pyfa). You can also test out your fits on the test server. You can’t select your missions, but you can use “/booststandings” to circumvent the standings penalties from declining a zillion missions.

1 Like

it’s faster if your two chars do each their own mission. You take the fit you need, keep two team fits cause you may have them more, and go.

Based on the original post, it seems that he may have difficulty doing the missions with just one ship.

vargurs cost less than 100M. What year is this ?

(this is voluntary excessive pedantry. I know he meant garmur)

it’s faster if your two chars do each their own mission. You take the fit you need, keep two team fits cause you may have them more, and go.

As I explained in the original post, I’d rather not do that, because a) as Xeux correctly assumed, I dont have the skills to do them in one ship, and b) it’s more relaxing to do one thing at a time when I play, rather than running 2 missions concurrently.

vargurs cost less than 100M. What year is this ?

Yes, sorry I meant Garmur. I mean even if I wanted to act like Im experienced in this game, I would just not convince anyone, would I.

Like I said, I’ve found that you can do many things easier/faster/cheaper with 2 active pilots, so I’m wondering if this applies to burner missions too.

not for non-team missions. unless maybe the guristas agent.
The reason being, you NEED a lot of tank to handle them, and/or a lot of micro management.
The guristas agent you can do it with MWD shield fits. cap stable PCT SSB, the one which is aggroed go backward, the one not aggroed orbits it, then scram it while orbiting, your two fits should tank easily provided they are not idle with MWD on (even then they should only go to 20% shield then back 100%…)

Also serpentis agent can be tanked easily. you can nos it, with two webs the harpys can wreck it down.

bases I’d say blood should be doable, and that’s it. Assuming both your toons can go in dreakavac and have skills for web range/armor boosts.

base serp has 1200 DPS per rat, and 3 rats, even before CCP nerfed the hacs it was far from chill mode, now it’s just nopenopenope unless you want to waste 30min to do it. (and T2 BC can’t enter the site !! :confused: too bad I had a good fit and I even learnt the skills)

base angel is gonna wreck your butt. you NEED good skills to apply anything.

base guristas has been ■■■■ for years.

I saw people do burner antero (in a 1.8bil daredevil lol) that one time but it required immensely mad skills at piloting stuff.
But yeah general wisdom is just “dont do bases”

But yeah general wisdom is just “dont do bases”

Understood and maybe I wasn’t clear enough, Im only interested in the agents. I can already do teams, so if I can handle agents, I don’t mind skipping the bases.

The guristas agent you can do it with MWD shield fits. cap stable PCT SSB, the one which is aggroed go backward, the one not aggroed orbits it, then scram it while orbiting, your two fits should tank easily provided they are not idle with MWD on (even then they should only go to 20% shield then back 100%…)

Could you share a fit? Also, I don’t understand the part you said “the one which is aggroed go backward”. Backwards, as in fly away from it? Because Im not sure you can get out of its range that fast, right?

many people already made fits.

Literally

first, you can, and second, you don’t care.
Backwards, as to make it follow you so the other character can tackle it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.