Dual Propulsion Ship

Lots of Capsuleer’s use the MWD/AB combination. I think its time for CCP to develop a Dual Prop Mod class of ship for each race in Frigate, Destroyer and Cruiser flavors.

The Dual Prop Mod would be similar to Tactical Destroyers in so much that you would have to fit a Dual Prop Module that is both AB and MWD, a single module, routed into a single control function. If you wanted to use the AB you select the AB configuration and vice versa for MWD. The changeover time would be five seconds, during which the ship would lose 25% of its current thrust.

In AB mode you would gain a 10% range and tracking bonus while losing 10% falloff and firing rate. In MWD mode you gain 10% optimal range and 10% firing rate but would lose 10% tracking and damage bonus.

Frigate

High Slot = 5, 3x weapons and 2x aux.
Medium = 4
Low = 2
Rigs = 2
Drones = 2 light drones

Destroyer

High Slot = 7, 5x weapons and 2x aux.
Medium = 3
Low = 3
Rigs = 2
Drones = 2 light drones

Cruiser

High Slot =6, 4x weapons and 2x aux.
Medium =5
Low = 4
Rigs =3
Drones = 3 light drones

2 Likes

I like the overall concept but I don’t like it directly affecting gun damage. It also steps on AF’s toes. How about:

AB mode: Your AB thrust ramps up to 2x normal ships thrust over X seconds, but it instantly resets to 1x normal thrust if your heading changes (if you do anything other than go in a straight line.)

MWD mode: Two buffs (only while MWD mode is active), first mitigates MWD cap percentage penalty, second increases agility while MWD is active.

1 Like

How about no?
The decision to run dual prop costs you pg, cpu and another midslot. Meaning sacrifices must be made elsewhere.
So, no. Just no.

1 Like

@Mephiztopheleze In the past players had to fit both Data and Relic Mods for exploration hacking sites which meant gimping their defense by using 2 mid slots for those mods as well as more pg and cpu for fitting. Then CCP combined both of those aspects into one mod which freed up a mid slot and reduced the total amount of pg / cpu being used by those two mods.

I think this concept by @DrysonBennington is a good idea. However, in my opinion the attributes of this mod should be something like what @Nicen_Jehr posted.

Overall, I think a Dual Prop Mod would be a great addition to the game.

and how many ppl use the 200 mil version of this combination ? its “extreme” expensive and it has just 1 utility slot and not 3 … didnt remember anything else because its not a good deal to use this ■■■■

so, a propmod version of both need a few malus and not a few bonus. you have 2 slots in 1, you have less PG/CPU need because you only have 1 module, and you wanna give them buffs like tracking ?

and how about the 3rd prop mod called Micro Jump Drive ? shouldnt you combite it in ? because many use not an AB/MWD combination, they use a MWD/MJD combination or AB/MJD combination…

dont think just for the small ships like frigates ! you need to think about all ships

Do more research before posting…

I have a few Frostline ‘Clavicula’ Integrated Analyzer’s which definitely didn’t cost me 200 mil isk. They have 2 utility slots and use the same amount of PG and CPU that one T2 Analyzer uses yet does the job of both Data and Relic Analyzers. While that Analyzer does have lower Virus Coherence and Virus Strength compared to T2 mods, high skill level, ship bonus, modules, rigs and implants can easily make up the difference and more.

Please read what’s actually written before posting assumptions. I never said anything about wanting to have them give buffs to tracking.

Even though CCP lists it as a Propulsion mod, in my opinion it’s not really a Prop mod since it can’t run continuously like an AB or MWD. It’s more like a quick engagement / disengagement tool for combat.

Yeah let’s think about all ships. Micro jump drives can only be fitted on T1 and T2 Battlecruisers, Battleships, Command Ships, Marauders, Black Ops Battleships and Deep Space Transports.

Anyway, in the future if you don’t like the OP’s idea, post your remarks to the OP, not to me.

Correct, its about 350 mil … even worse

i was talking about the “Zeugma Integrated Analyzer” but i see its not realy cheaper
last time i checked the price is “long hair” ( german joke xD )

its still a malus …

didnt you agree with the OP ? so… you wanna have buffs + a 2in1 module

did it move you ? Yes ? then i called it propulsion module … its even grouped as “Propulsion”

thats correct, and why do you just want your OP new 2in1 prop mod for Frig / Destroyer / Cruiser ?
I would agree with this idea if you have your 2in1 for every shiptype even the biggest one !
i would agree with this idea if you cancle the extra buffs and add some malus to your 2in1 prop mod
i would agree with this idea if you need more PG/CPU for this 2in1 prop mod
i would agree with this idea if you make it faction with less drop chance and some new special industrie materials to build it, so it need some isk

If you agree with OP´s idea then i can quote you or the OP because you want the same thing

I will raise you a triple prop mod

it is configured via “scripts”

After burner “script” its just a afterburner
Microwarpdrive “script” its just a microwarpdrive
Micro jump drive “script” its just a micro jump drive

loading a script should probably take 10 seconds. and it will be alot of fun this module.

3 Likes

Its an interesting idea and you’ve definitely put more thought in than a lot of other suggestions. I just dont ever see a time where I would use one of these vessels. The Afterburner vs Microwarpdrive conundrum is just not that big if a problem for me when it comes to ship fits that i would buy a T2 vessel just so that i could use both.

Gotta be honest, I dont understand why you would fit both anyway but I’m not much of a PvP pilot.

Don’t care what the price is currently, I got a couple of those mods and BPC’s back when they were first introduced into the game so yeah, my statement still stands since they didn’t cost me very much isk at all…

Really wish people would learn to read correctly. My original statement:

Never said I wanted it just for Frigate, Destroyer and Cruiser.

Please stop misrepresenting what I actually said.

So, basically keep the configuration of the ship classes as stated in the beginning but tweak it.

High Slot = 5, 3x weapons and 2x aux.
Medium = 4
Low = 3
Rigs = 2
Drones = 2 light drones

Destroyer

High Slot = 7, 5x weapons and 2x aux.
Medium = 3
Low = 4
Rigs = 2
Drones = 2 light drones

Cruiser

High Slot =6, 4x weapons and 2x aux.
Medium =5
Low =5
Rigs =3
Drones = 3 light drones

One Low Slot added to each ship class. The new Low Slot would be used to fit an Overdrive in order to boost the AB/MWD Dual Prop Mod.

No, there would not be two prop mods, there would be a single prop mod that would be an AB and MWD built into the same module. The mode selected would determine which engine type was being used.

Think of Vin Diesel’s car from Fast and Furious - 1970 Dodge Charger R/T. The car is FAF under normal use but when Nitro is used the car becomes ungodly FAF. Same engine two different modes, AB and MWD.

The prop module would also be required to use a new fuel, Micro Injection Boost Fuel. MIBF would be similar to Nanite Paste and would be needed in order to use the Dual Prop Mod. If the fuel is not used, then the Dual Prop Mod reverts to normal propulsion values that would be similar to a single AB or MWD.

I guess the bigger question now is “Why?” I’m not seeing the niche this is supposed to fill. Seems like if you just want to make a really fast ship you already can. Why would I buy a T2 ship for this purpose?

Dual Prop Mods have their advantage. Go do some PvP and see the benefit. :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.