Dumb choices and bad breaks that have cost you your mission boat

You need to harvest the components from Sleeper sites, which is PvE. I find it hypocritical to hate people that do PvE while flying a ship that requires PvE to exist in the first place.

And in what way am I a carebear? I swear, that term has lost all meaning with how often it gets thrown around.

Thanks, and it’s not like losing the ship was unexpected. Lowsec is dangerous, news at eleven!

Wait, really? I knew he was going to kick my ass because I had a mission fit, but I didn’t know Myrms could be that tough! Could you link the fit? I might not be able to use it right away, but it’s something I’d love to know how to do.

Every time I’ve seen a Hecate in action it’s torn the opposing ship to pieces, so I’m not keen to fight someone who flies one and knows what they’re doing, especially when I’m in a mission fit.

The first time I used a gate to lowsec (first week) I ended up dying to a gatecamp, so that’s a lesson I learned early on. It’s not the fact that he blew me up in the first place, but the reason he did it that angered me.

(puts on melodramatic hat)

Piracy? It’s EvE, it happens. Suicide ganking? That’s just having fun. Singing ransoms? Weird flex, but OK.

Gatekeeping?

you_disgust_me

(takes off melodramatic hat)

Seriously though, it’s the guy’s attitude that riled me up, not losing my ship. Gatekeeping isn’t good for any community; better to invite people in and see for themselves if they like it. If they do, great! If not, wish them good luck in finding something they enjoy.

Just my opinion.:slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve got no problem with that. I have difficulty finding time to attend the classes anyway. Reality has its own classes that require attendance, you see.

I’m not exactly eager to get involved with FW due to the massive standing hits it would give me, but thanks for the offer!

There’s “shoot on sight” and then there’s lying in ambush, I’m don’t understand how your advice is applicable here. Could you clarify?

No kidding, I expect any of you guys would kick my ass in anything approaching a straight fight! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In the end, I try to follow the Tao of ZF: it’s a PvP game, I will get blown up and lose expensive ships, so it’s better to just chill out and enjoy myself.

Mind you, actually achieving that mindset is easier said than done…

love the salt keep it coming carebear

Your image is broke- never mind, you fixed it. Also, thank you for reminding me how weird those little guys are. Seriously, midget teddy bears that fire love-rays from a tattoo on their stomachs. When were they invented, the sixties?

(looks them up)

1. Huh.

…at least they’re not Teletubbies. (shudder)

Sure, why not? Do you mind taking the time to explain your grudge against people who do PvE? (Presuming you weren’t just saying that to rile me up in the first place)

Where has my thread gone? :facepalm:

Yeah, sorry for the derail. I’ll take this to somewhere else if you want.

another carebear crying lols

Hey, Lucian, have you tried not being a jerk? I think you could benefit from it.

Anyway, @Zenour_Noud, as an apology for derailing your thread I’ll share some other unfortunate and dumb losses that I’ve suffered since beginning EvE.

My very first loss.

Two weeks on the dot from the day I started playing, and my second or third venture into lowsec. I didn’t anticipate getting jumped at an NPC combat site because there’s a difference between knowing intellectually that EvE is a rough-and-tumble game and actually experiencing it for myself.

The next one is equal parts sad and hilarious, because I really should have known better.

Same day as Tristan got me, I take another Vexor out to look for combat anomalies. Having disabled the alert letting me know I was heading into lowsec, I don’t pay attention to where I’m going and end up at a drone site in Old Man’s Star.

As I’m cheerfully blowing up Rogue Drones with my own drones, I see Hoshiko warp in and realize what a fool I was. What happened next is something that you’d expect to see in a comedy skit and will therefore be presented as such:

Me: CRAPCRAPCRAP I need to get awaAAAARGH SHE SCRAMMED ME!

Hoshiko begins shooting, and I decide that I’m not going to go down without a fight.

Me: To hell with it, have at thee, woman!

Battle commences, the two of us orbiting each other as she rips into my ship and I return fire with my drones. After a few seconds of resigning myself to yet another avoidable death I see that Hoshiko’s armor level dropping faster than mine. I began to feel a glimmer of hope.

Me: Wow, I might actually win this fi-

(three of her friends warp in, piloting a Succubus, a Deimos, and a god-damned Loki)

Me: ■■■■

(BOOM)

Yes, I actually said that out loud; yes, that’s how the fight actually played out; and I consider what happened next to be proof positive that fate is always listening, and loves to inflict misfortune on whoever is dumb enough to taunt her with lines like that.

The next one…honestly this is probably the stupidest thing I’ve done in the entire game.

I brought a mission-fit VNI into lowsec, without using gatecheck, and one of my modules was worth over 100 million ISK.

Let the mockery commence.

This loss actually caused my first ever ragequit in an MMO, and I couldn’t even look at my computer for the rest of the day. Suffice it to say that this is one mistake I will never be making again unless I’m suffering from acute sleep deprivation.

It no longer is nor in fact ever was your thread. :stuck_out_tongue: Welcome to EVE! :dealwithitparrot:

Also :popcorn: :smiling_imp:

I had already lost a couple of mining ships that weekend to low-sec ganks (and fended off a couple others), so I thought “Why don’t I go missioning for Boundless Creation?”. Of course level 3s are in low-sec, and the one that I did sent me to fw space. I didn’t take mind to the people in local, and then as I start the second pocket, here come 3 ships. I swear I didn’t see combat probes go up. I couldn’t get through any of the ships and just died. Was really frustrated, but definitely my fault.

Closed at OP’s request