Dust 514 Player names

They were names on long time inactive trial accounts that were never upgraded to paid accounts

So when next to no one reclaims their name then what?

The number of players who reclaim names will be minimal if the game is released on playstation, and next to none if it is exclusively on PC.

I’m glad all the dust bunnies are gone…local chat in certain systes was just far to…dusty…

I disagree. People like to play multiple styles of games. Sometimes the EVE bug scratches, sometimes people want a quick FPS match. I would not be so quick to judge.

Plus if a similar skill system is used and there is a chance to reclaim the skill points people had, why wouldn’t they want to reclaim names?

Awesome to know! What do we do if we have the names but lost the ps3 emails they were associated with? I spent about ÂŁ100 on mine, and can no longer access the account; but remember most everything it did and had with it.

Well i know one name of mine i used i’m gonna reclaim. Idk about the other names i had, will probably try for new ones if i even have to play more than one character, and if they have the same or similar SP gain and caps for active then alts will be a must again.

CCP is investigating a system of name reclamation that will not require you to use your PSN credentials.

I hope they succeed, because I know many people in the same boat as you.

Do bear in mind that the stereotype that Dust 514 creates a PC vs Console environment is wholly an ignorant one. Many EVE players played Dust 514, myself included. It isn’t an “us vs them” argument, it’s an “us versus us”.

I wouldn’t ask for any of your old characters to be deleted just because you do not or cannot play them anymore. It wasn’t Dust players’ decision to turn off the servers. They shouldn’t be punished because a marginal amount of EVE players care about their names being taken up. In fact, I’m willing to bet the amount of EVE players that care about this is as small as what some believe are going to move over to Nova.

At any rate, it’s kind of bad timing to bring this up anyway considering Nova allegedly has a 2018 release date.

3 Likes

Dust514 was Bae and I have full intentions of quitting Eve when Nova drops.

Maybe, or early 2019. If it will come to the last phase of the development, the crunch, they can prolong it if they will see some critical bugs and issues that have to be fixed before releasing the game. Some games were in crunch phase for very long like Witcher 3. The original date of release was nothing like close to the actual date. But then again it will be relatively simple shooter, not a massive RPG with ambition of being a game of the year, so it may be in the time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.