I am once again running for CSM. You might remember me from my previous campaigns or any of the public fleets I organised. This will be my 4th year of running for CSM and while I have not yet been elected, several of my suggestions have made it into the game:
- When I first ran for CSM my platform was that CCP was missing out on a big opportunity as they were not the lore of EVE online. The last year we’ve seen a story driven delivery of content and a game setting that feels alive. This has helped greatly to provide content for new and existing players and provide clear objectives players can go after and get feedback of the results of their efforts;
- Last year I proposed to not allow the anchoring of XL structures in highsec;
- Last year I proposed to have people with -5.0 or worse security standing not be able to tether in highsec;
- I have submitted multiple player presentations on the added value of group PVE to help newer players learn the game with more experienced players and we currently have the Homefront sites;
- Last year, during Fanfest, I voiced my concern that people who did not want to participate in FW but still wanted to contribute to help the Empires would be left out. CCP covered this with the shadow war campaign.
Considering these results as someone not elected, imagine what I can do when I do get elected on the CSM. As a candidate my specialisation lies with events, highsec and lore as they have their own challenges and deserve a specialist to make sure things are addressed and implemented correctly. I would like to see a return of the abyssal proving ground arenas, seasonal and Empire events and continued story driven delivery of content. I believe that the game will benefit from more dynamic group PVE to challenge players and help increase the knowledge and understanding of what this great game has to offer. Chapter 1 and 2 of the Triglavian invasion are a great example and I would like to see the current Homefront sites be expanded on.
My EVE Online story
I have been playing this game since 2003, after reading about it in a gaming magazine and getting my hands on a hardcopy of the game. EVE was my first MMO and the only one that still has me hooked after all these years. During the many years I’ve been playing, I’ve done everything in the game except for scamming. I’ve spend months to years living and/or playing in the different parts of the game, making lasting connections and always finding new things to do and explore. The thing I enjoy the most though is working together with others players to overcome challenges and have fun at the same time. Highsec and the ARC alliance and community turned out to be the perfect fit for me as I am able to move around as freely as possible and participate in whatever (new) content CCP brings into the game with anyone else that is interested/curious.
Why I applied for the CSM
I believe EVE will benefit greatly from continuing the story driven delivery of content. Finding options and successfully creating story related events in the game and my real life experience with organising and (financially) managing larger LARP events for several years is a massive boon. It means I have experience with balancing different types of players and playstyles, making sure players are heard and have an enjoyable experience while ensuring a healthy gaming experience for all those involved.
Another reason to vote for me is that I am good at taking a step back and look at things in different ways and combine different ideas/suggestions for an optimal approach. With the lasting connections I have made over the years I will also be able to help prevent changes to one part of the game or not detrimental to other parts of the game.
What can you expect from me
I want to see EVE enter its 3rd decade as an amazing game that has a lot to offer to everyone. I have done my research and won’t be part of the CSM with a misunderstanding of what the CSM is and does. I believe EVE should be about risk + effort vs reward and that choices and actions should have meaning but not result in a crippled gaming experience. As an CSM member I will argue against blanket changes to address a problem if it causes problems in (multiple) other parts of the game.
I will be available to everyone in the game, regardless of where and how you play EVE. I regularly check Reddit, Discord and the official Forums and I will continue to do so. I will not be an invisible or unreachable CSM member.
If I could add/change on thing in the game
If there was one thing I could change in the game, I would add the shield equivalent of the Nestor and make it part of the EDENCOM ship line. This ship could add a lot of new and interesting options throughout the game and it is a much needed reward for those who sided with EDENCOM or want to choose their side or oppose the Triglavians.
General game changes I would like to see
• No pay to win items or temporary boosters;
• Don’t automatically extend/continue the game subscription after the selected period has passed;
• Reduce the cooldown for neural remaps to 1 month instead instead of removing attributes;
• Add more group PVE content such as the Sansha Incursions and the Triglavian invasions content during chapters 1 and 2.
Highsec specific changes I would like to see
• Introduce the option to improve Empire standings through navy tags, similar to the Security Standing. The cap for fixing your Empire standings this way should be 0.0 ;
• If the above option is implemented: no docking access to Empire NPC station if your faction/corp standings are -5.0 or worse.
Event specific changes I would like to see
• Bring back the abyssal proving ground arenas;
• Bring back the Empire and seasonal events;
• Make the points from completed event challenges be awarded automatically and also make the moving on to the next challenge happen automatically;
• Mining events should have their points reward for completion reviewed as it shouldn’t be that the lowest and highest difficulty both have the same reward.
EDENCOM & Pochven specific changes I would like to see
• Stop the Vorton Projectors to also hit indestructible objects or scenic objects like clouds;
• Increase the distance between asteroid in mining sites in Pochven. They can prevent ships from leaving after entering and are smashed together;
• Stop planets from decloaking ships while they are in warp;
• Fix the standing issues with EDENCOM and Triglavians for shooting wereposts and/or gunstars and have shooting them affect EDENCOM or Triglavians standings directly.