ECM Ships modules in general

Hola recent changes in ECM makes them complete usless kinda never seen them in game anymore so what about reimbush SP invested in area if character wants to…
I am unlucky pilot of these ship invested kinda lot of Sp to them and without at least proper tank buff to these ships i want my SP back…
CCP are you planing to do something about ECM ships it or let it be as usualy ??
Just for example last 7d on KB Rook 15 characters its a recon ship try every other racial recon u will be way over 100 and 44 kils its soo dead ship right now…
Can u consider change them fast make hi slot ecm make it back as it was whatewer but do something pls…
I had idea pilot u jamming could lock u so u could not cloack or even point u but cannot aply dmg would be more reasonable then this…

Otherwise i demand justice for caldari ppl and make lachesis arazu will be automaticly pointed when hes ponting same logic … make rapier stacionary when he webs same logic…

Nope. Thats the revenge for all those warriors, who you did locked out of the combat, letting them no other option but slowly die, not being able even scratch opponent in return.
But now seriosely. ECM as main anti-gallente weapon, should make your enemy lose control over drones, as drones are gallente specific combat tool. Now ecm is useless for solo engagement.

ECM still has plenty of uses in fleet engagements, and there are some clever uses for it is small-gang engagements as well. Especially now that we have super strong, single-target logistics ships.

The changes to ECM didn’t ruin it, they just changed the ways in which it is used. Sure, it probably ruined some specific use cases for it, but most balancing changes do. And to be quite honest, ECM was long overdue for an overhaul.

Agreed. I always felt Caldari should have bonused anti-drone ewar, and Gallente bonused anti-missile ewar. Just makes sense.

1 Like

Dude then answer how its posible that caldari have usles recon ship total usles u can see it on KB rook is dead u are not even serius …
U all forgot on one thing ok u got jamed and u cant do a ■■■■ but if u ammar and neut me i cant do a ■■■■ either and no one cares… and there are anti ecm modules like there are bateries just noone used them if u have max skill plus modul for 2x your sensor then even me with max skill will have hard time to jamm you …
even better if u got neut u cant even propulsion with ship so lets nerf amarr neuting system cose its too op… same idioci u just dont realize ppl total ignore modules for anti ecm so we nerf it thats just wrong…

one of examples how is rook used these days no ecm at all cose it cost u tank and no efect anyway if u want solo pvp and thats what recon is for i think so for solo small fleet pvp … thats why they are not visible on d scan… but ECM not work anymore then delete it from game totaly cose its only good for falcon cover small gang on gate ready to w/o as he get in danger and that wrong…

I think this was by design. Not saying it’s a good one, and there are always ecm drones for solo.

you want your SP back? Buy an extractor. I thought that was one of the reasons extractors were put in the game

Extraction and injection is too lossy and expensive to be considered a solution for sp reimbursement. Not that i’m advocating for sp reimbursement.

Yeah, cuz you can’t totaly deny neuter his advantage by ussing cap injection.

Here is the main problem, recon is a fleet ship by definition. No point in running solo in a huggin

To expand upon this, there are two types of recons. I do agree that both belong in fleets, and are generally ineffective by themselves, however there are definitely solo recon kills (obviously).

Force recons in blops fleets, they don’t need to be tanky because their MO is ‘lol surprise, go ■■■■ yourself’. Combat recons, however, need to be tankier.

They’ll only get used to support HAC, battlecruiser, and battleship fleets. All of those have way more tank than a combat recon, and given the immensely useful nature of a combat recon, it is almost invariably the very first primary an FC calls because it’s an easy kill with high effect on the enemy fleet.

IMO combat recons need ADCs and/or much better defensive stats, so that their survivability is on-par with a HAC.

I hate ECM now. Stopped flying ECM ships completely andonly using drones here and there. That’s it. If CCP wants me to fly these again then CCP needs to make these worth my time to do so.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.