[EM][NADSC] Concern about deteriorating international relations after conflict in Audesder

With respect, I said, “unless they back off”.

As the Empire has no choice but to mobilize, and as they have opted to do it in full and at our borders, so has the Republic no choice but to prepare for the worst those fleets can do.

And so it goes.

1 Like

I am not saying we wouldn’t have. But if the situation was reversed, would the Amarr just have stayed put while the Rebel Fleet builds up on their borders?

Then you interpret me wrong. Again, I said, Unless they back off, it will matter little who started it. If someone throws a match to this powderkeg, it will explode just the same, regardless of who put it there.

1 Like

And as the cluster manufactured more and more war toys, someone was going to play with them…

Haven’t read anyone pointing to the Drifters yet. They had issues with the Empire.

1 Like

Their methods are also pretty specific and quite direct, Ms. Tsukiyo. I mean, they could be behind something like this; they probably have the tech for it. But they mostly seem to ignore us unless we try to go for a walk on their sandwich or it’s time to murder a head of state. Then, splat.

Something like this would represent a huuuuuge change in approach. I’m sure they’re capable of it, and it might even be quite clever-- pretend to refuse even to speak at all while actually pulling strings behind the scenes.

Wow, what a twist!

But, to date, no actual evidence for it other than “new tech.” (“Doesn’t like the Amarr” isn’t a short list.)

Extravagant defense spending is another cherished art form of representative democracy. This is primarily due to its stimulating effects on shareholder value - and the contributions shareholders make to political campaigns. External threats do help up the extravagance, it is true. However, the Triglavian conquest of several star systems provides ample external threat, not to mention the existence of Adversary Kim. Starting yet another war is probably not necessary.

That said, the president has extended an invitation to the Empire to participate directly in the investigation of this incident:

President Celes Aguard has pledged a “full investigation of Crux Special Tasks Group” and invited the Amarr Empire to send intelligence officers to the Federation for purposes of “sharing any and all evidence uncovered by the FIO, Federation Naval Intelligence and Gallente Police Directorate.”
source

I agree they usually go on specific head on approach when it is in their interest, and was not saying they did it, just presenting another name to the list that was not so high-profile.

But i do wonder how much of their fighting with the Triglavians took a toll on their ranks, biomass appears to be a scarce comodity for them and i haven’t heard of recent raids to replenish. (Perhaps they found a way to solve it, who knows).

The Trigs seem to be having fun doing other stuff

Perun and Veles Clade “Bioadapted and Drone Armies Clashing on Vale II” in Bizarre “Battle on Gigantic Ocean Biomatter Raft” - Reports Claim

I enjoy profoundly when something bizarre happens that i did not think about.

All in all, Akimaka Seraki’s role in all this has been the type of State competence that we are renowed for. At least we have this going for us, wich is nice.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.