Emerging conduits?

FTFY

I think CCP has very deliberately made the more advanced NPC’s very missile resistant, mostly because missile boats are the goto for old fashioned Eve PvE.

1 Like

Anderson, I appreciate what you’re saying, but the math neglects the 25% heavy missile damage bonus on the Praxis. That would still give you higher applied dps than light missiles.

Also, it ignores the effectiveness versus Destroyers and Cruisers, both of which have larger sigs. I appreciate the efforts, but I honestly can’t see a benefit to using LMLs on a Praxis over RHMLs. And before its asked, yes I do use them a lot in game, so I am qualified to talk about it. Not being snarky, just explaining that I’ve had enough personal experience to make my statements.

2 Likes

No, I simulated a fit to have those values (I have perfect light and heavy missiles)

Then read the number I gave. RLML is better against frigs, if you only have one web.

1 Like

This is the absolute truth as I see it too.

2 Likes

Have you simmed the application vs the Raz Kikis? They are the bigger threat to our bro’s tank, and I suspect the heavies would do better there.

Also, not sure if our newbro was using RLMLs or just LMLs on that praxis. Now I’m curious. 16 minutes is a long time for a BS to clear that.

2 Likes

No. In different context, things are different. I was only answering to someone who made two mistakes, in two posts that you put together for no reason.

It’s not a mistake to advise someone to use a bonused ship’s bonuses. My aim isn’t proving A or B, it’s to get this guy making a profit off something he enjoys. I made my suggestion based off experience, and an overall view of the situation.

Do LMs apply better to armor Frigates than HMs? Yes, they do. Are they a better choice in this situation? I’d argue no, because you have Frigate, Destroyer, and Cruiser sized targets, and RHMLs will apply more damage with lower cost ammo to 2 of those 3.

I dont care about EFT optimal, as much as helping this guy shred stuff faster. And when my Orca clears these faster than his Battleship, something is horribly wrong. Hence the suggestions. Let’s keep the topic constructive for his sake, so as not to confuse our alpha bro.

2 Likes

it is, when the ship bonus don’t make up.

My first point was that RLML fury do more damage in the site than CN HM. Also they cost a lot less. Yes you can remove tank and fit two webs, but even then with not perfect skills rapid light will be faster against frigs, which are the most numerous ennemy. So without more information, fury RLML are actually better than CN RHML - especially at lower skills.

My second point was that one web is not enough for heavies, and that signature increasing is better, because instant effect (because webs take time to apply, like one cycle).

Then of course it depends on the amount of slots you want to dedicate to DPS/application. If you are low skills, you can’t afford to put two webs on a RHML and thus a one-web fury is better.

Here are the DPS with only one launcher, ignoring resist (all the same) against raznabog damavik and kikimora. That’s with max skills.

https://imgur.com/7k52mFn

The differences are very minimal, other than the RHML having a huge range bonus. I also see that you’re essentially arguing an EFT point that RLMLs do better against Frigates. Yeah, a bit, but what are you doing engaging them with missiles on a boat with a drone bonus anyhow? I use heavies against Damavik and vedmak, and light drones against the Frigates. They are much less of a threat than the Kikis anyhow, due to their lower dps.

TL;DR: wow, you can use EFT. Still recommend RHMLs and a brain on the praxis.

1 Like

Still RLML fury is definitely better than CN HM . And the effect is even more with lower skills.

Nobody cares. Your point was that heavy were better, you were wrong, period. Also you can use heavies on kiki and they will be better than heavies on damaviks. So using RLML on frigs, and heavy drones on kiki and bigger, makes more sense than using RHML on the frigates and light drones on the frigs.

TLDR : cry more noob.

Don’t waste anymore of your time trying to converse with that obstinate arse.

1 Like

I’m not, kek.

1 Like

It’s good that you stop spouting BS like that retard DMC is doing.
Especially since it makes you post aggressive sentences the moment you are proven wrong.

A civile answer would have been to point out that with 2 webbers it’s better to use RHML on all rats, and even better when adding two rigors and a painter

But this would require you to use pyfa and have a brain.

1 Like

Yeah, he/she/it has blinders on and suffers from a very bad condition known as Diarrhea of the mouth.

DMC posts for the sole sake of being an asshole.

You could go scan down the MTU’s others leave behind. MTU don’t shoot back & Drones only cost once.

Maybe, I prefer hybrid for most pve. Cycle time, reload time, no need for damage application mods when at range, and kinetic and thermal are usally going to work for most pve.

I do like my missle ships, but they usally seem a bit more clunky to play. Only advantage is specific damage and they are not effected by your ships speed… I think :slight_smile:

You’ve probably meant to write “sick”. Amusing. :sweat_smile:

Maybe it is really happening but most of the drop value decrease comes from a fact that there are far too much peoples selling the new stuff dropping from that content so after a short while offer is bigger than demand and thus the value of the loot goes down.

But yeah it is possible that you are right, nobody would notice a change in order of singular percents.

2 Likes

the survey databases have a fixed price from DED staions, so no. Any loot value change is largely from a change in the quantity of survey databases. I’ve seen a large variation in quantity from less than 10 to over 30 in any given location.

3 Likes