Empire level 4 epic arcs guide

Depends. remember that the gain is proportional to what you lack. eg if you already are +5 base, a -1.25 is based on the missing 15 to reach -10, while a +1.25 is based on the missing 5 to reach +10 . In effect the negative is three time stronger, in this case. if you were +7.5 then the negative would be 7 times stronger than the positive.

+1.25 ?

The standing gain for completing the arc with lv 5 Social trained is +12.5%.

that’s a % not a raw value.
you don’t gain +1.25 , you gain 1.25% of what you need to reach +10.

Here the gain is 10 times bigger than the loss, so if you are 10 /11 * 20 -10 = 8.18 a gain of +12.5 is the same raw value as a loss of -1.25

1 Like

I know how the mechanics work.

Just wondering why you say +1.25% increase for completing the arc when the amount is +12.5%

I did not say +1.25 for completing the arc.

nice!

DeMichael_Crimson would you please petition this and see what CCP says? This is obviously some bug they introduced, since in December there were no standing loss unless you shot the structures you were not supposed to kill. Like the big station in gallente arc.

2 Likes

It sure reads like you implied it, given the above responses?

@Sentenced_1989 aren’t you able to petition this as it seems you have the required data?

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Actually it would be a good idea for everybody to submit a support ticket about it.

Last week in a lvl3 I just blew up a structure that had some slaves, when I was returning to the Agent I just missed 0,46 from Gallente standings due to contraband lool WTF? I know it’s illegal on Gallente space but I had just retrieved them on a misson lool

Regarding the storyline missions, I believe that even the ones from SoE also have negative standings towards major factions wich is kinda weird through a lore perspective (isn’t suppose SoE to be neutral? And their storylines are mainly humanitary help related)

Back on topic: sunday I ended the Gallente Epic Arc with my every-day-mission-ship: my beloved gila

2 Likes

No I’m not.

I completed the level 1 SoE arc a few days ago. The amount of standing change is +8.75% with Social lv 5 trained. The Interactions page lists the increase as +0.875% which is incorrect.

I submitted a Support Ticket about it and just got a reply. According to CCP it is indeed a display error in the standing change notification info. However the actual standing info displayed in the left column is correct and calculations use proper values in determining that.

Then they asked me to submit a Bug Report about it in-game.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So the decimal point in the standing change notification is being displayed in the wrong position which should be displayed as +8.75 standing increase.

I love your standings

1 Like

in your screen, the gain shown is a base 10 of the missing value.
Read my previous post again. You completely missed my point by focusing on the numbers.

you don’t gain a raw +0.875, you gain 8.75% of what is missing to reach +10. since it’s based on -10 - +10 standing, that’s totally correct.
But yeah I agree that the standing should be shown as %.

Thanks, it’s a work in progress.

Here’s my current Faction Standings.

3 Likes

Actually I don’t think it’s a bug.

I was looking over old comments posted in Eve Survival and noticed an old entry of mine posted on 12-31-2011 about Gallente Arc getting 21 negative Faction standing hits towards ‘The Syndicate’ for ship kill.

6x -0.3%
14x -0.025%
1x -0.0225%

1 Like

I know it’s off-topic: yesterday I started a new row of missions for interbus in order to get the storyline (they have good stands with major factions so what I’m chasing is the derived standings). Anyway I had to do lvl3 due to my standings with them and got stucked on a misson: the object needed to close the mission simply didn’t droped. I filed a ticket but should I try to go there after the server restart and do the mission again?

2 Likes

Missions will reset at downtime if the mission objective hasn’t been completed.

As for running missions with Interbus, you won’t get any Storyline mission offers, The Interbus doesn’t have any Storyline Agents and even though they give Loyalty Points, they don’t have a Loyalty Points Store either.

The only way to gain Faction standing with The Interbus is through derived standings from other Factions.

4 Likes

Well, easier for him and CCP to do it since they can directly look in database.

I don’t remember ever getting negative standings in Minmatar Epic Arc, no matter what I did.
In Amarr one, there are few things that can cause standings lost, but I think I have them documented.

I did notice that sometimes mission objectives are wrong. For example there was a mission where my guide said to pick something up and ingame it said to destroy some tower (not the one shooting you, neutral tower on grid, like big station) and it caused big standings loss but wasn’t required to finish mission.

I don’t know at this point what is the state, will go over the arcs in next few days and will keep you posted

1 Like

Ahh, am fairly certain that DeMichael Crimson doesn’t have access to the database (not the live one at least)… he doesn’t work for CCP. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

2 Likes

What I meant was

Well, easier for him and CCP to do it since they (they being CCP in this case, not DeMichael Crimson) can directly look in database.

And the thing with standings in Journal is they will always write +1.25, what they really do mean is +12.5% and what they really do is apply some diminishing returns which are not displayed. My Journal is filled with +1.25’s. but the gain each time is smaller and smaller.

1 Like