Empire level 4 epic arcs guide

Unfortunately I messed up, was watching netflix and missed the correct choice so didn’t get to do this mission.

However, any other jammer in Caldari arc I was able to lock back and blap, so they should not be a problem anymore.

On the side note, with 2 new boosters from impetus, the 50% and 75% boost, I’ve got 2% standings increase instead of 1.25%, which was nice

for example, went 9.35 to 9.5 with gallente

1 Like

And just finished another round of all 4 of them, with the new impetus boosters active

Currently my standings as of December 2018 are (Main / Alt)

Amarr Empire:         9.58 / 9.73
Caldari State:        9.48 / 9.64
Minmatar Republic:    9.48 / 9.40
Gallente Federation:  9.50 / 9.37

CCP, where is my cookie?

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

Wow, thats a LOT of work.

Do those Impetus boosters stack then?

1 Like

One goes to slot 12, other to slot 13, so I just popped them both.

But since base is 1.25 and I got 2.00 I don’t know really, that is to much advanced math for me :smiley:

With 50% i would expect and 1.87 with 75% I would expect 2.18, since it is sitting at 2.00 I have no idea :smiley:

1 Like

Oh cheers and kudos man!

Were those the level 3 or 4 epic arcs? I may be able to repair my Gallente standing after all.

1 Like

All the empire ones are level 4, needs battleship (or very skilled T3 / BC pilot to make it worth the time)

The pirate ones in lowsec are level 1 and can be done in Asssault frigates, but I never really cared about those, for lowsec / 0.0 I usually have different agenda (and different account :D)

2 Likes

Was that a typo? Or do we actually need to skip the story line missions? Wouldn’t that reduce your standings?

1 Like

You can reject mission from agent every 4 hours with no penalty

I usually do missions for agents which don’t give you normal mission to kill opposing factions, or if they do, they do it rarely. For example the republic fleet agent in Teshi gives me maybe 1 faction kill mission on every 30ish I take. So it is easy to just reject that one with no penalty loss. The one in Caldari space so far didn’t give me any faction kill mission in over 100 of them that I did.

Also keep in mind that these regular missions don’t increase your standings with the empire that gives them, it only pisses off the opposing faction. The easy way to identify those missions is that if enemy ships drop empire dogtags, it will lower your standings with that empire.

On top of that, every regular 16 missions you do, you get “Storyline” missions, those are the ones that increase your standings with empire that gives them and decreases with empires that don’t like the mission giver.
You can either just plain reject those (since they show up every 16 mission, you should have enough time to keep rejecting them) or just ignore them. If you get one and you don’t accept it, another agent will offer you next storyline, so if you plan on doing more than 16 missions in next 4 hours, just ignore them, and once you are ready to logout just decline them all.

If you do that, your Empire standings will NEVER change, then you can stick to just doing epic arcs every 3 months to raise all 4 empire standings without taking a hit to any of them, since epic arcs only do increase, but not decrease (there are few mission where you can take a hit, but I did note those in my guide and how to avoid it)

3 Likes

when proposed the mission, if the icon of the location you fight is empire, then you will fight empire.
However some missions can be performed without losing standing (L3 deadly arrival) and other will make you lose standing without fighting empire(L3 pick your poison)

same :crazy_face: I directly chose two steps in hell without first taking the time to think.

1 Like

Also I spent few hours today and updated the code in relations to epic arcs, it should load now way faster and have a bit more friendly UI / UX.

Mobile version is usable as well, but not finished. But since we all need second / third screen for our alts, not expecting that many mobile users.

Also fun fact, most of work related / other projects have at most 20% of traffic coming from desktop devices (big screens), epic arcs are right now at 76% desktop and only 6% mobile, rest is tablets…

3 Likes

After Christmas bump for visibility

1 Like

Just wanted to say “Thank You!”
Your post has inspired me to run all 4 arcs. (Plus SOE)
You did a great job!

2 Likes

Cheers for pointing that out. I am currently on vacation in Japan, so can’t really play EVE over hotel wifi, but as soon as I am back home I will run the arcs and double check the info.

Could be that problem was from copy pasting when changing the format a while back

1 Like

Many thanks to all for the great information in this thread and the excellent guide!

One minor question for those who have run some of these lately- have any of the mission rewards been adjusted over time? For example, is Penumbra still giving out the Hyasyoda Mobile Laboratory even though this is essentially worthless now that POSs have been basically deprecated?

I’m assuming not, but wanted to ask.

3 Likes

Good question. I had the same idea as it’s coming around time for me to head out on that arc again. Already have one of those labs gathering dust in one of my storage hangers (alongside all my other POS equipment), so I probably will choose the other option, but it would be interesting to see if CCP is aware of the issue. Could someone page a dev or CSM to check?

2 Likes

the rewards for the hyasi … hyasa… caldari part is a bpc for a STRUCTURE module. This structure module is a research lab that costs a bit less fuel per cycle.

RIght, and that was kind of what I was wondering. I believe that originally, the Hyasyoda Mobile Laboratory was given out and that was a Starbase component. When the Upwell Structures came out, there was a Standup version of this (basically) that was released, the Standup Hyasyoda Research Lab which is what you are referring to.

Logically, it would make sense to replace the original starbase module with this Standup module (or a BPC for it), but I know the Epic Arcs haven’t been touched in ages. Thus, I was wondering if anybody who had run these recently could either confirm or deny that this change had been made.

1 Like

CCP has definitely made some changes. I just recently completed the level 4 Amarr Epic Arc and I received 25 different negative standing hits.

-1.252 total

I’m now running the level 4 Minmatar Epic Arc and am currently on Mission 4 - Glowing Embers. So far I’ve received:

It looks like the Minmatar arc will be similar to the Amarr arc and I’m sure the Gallente and Caldari arcs will also be similar, incurring very small multiple standing hits.

2 Likes

So the question becomes can one continue to rotate through all 4 major epic quests and maintain the appropiate faction standings afterwards? Sure, the corporate alternate standings won’t be adversely effected so they (the epic arcs) will always remain available, but what kind of effect will it have on my general faction standings. I already have to decline most storyline missions because they ALWAYS have a detrimental effect on at least 2 major factions, not to also ignore the detrimental effects on some minor factions.

To get penalized rescuing refugees or saving stranded passengers of the same faction which is dinging my standings is just stupid. Ditto with destroying threats to overall humanity like Blood Raiders, Rogue Drones, and Sansha. CCP needs to allow mission runners to have the ability to intelligently look at mission offers and possible mission repercussions in a logical cause/effect way. Stop adding more limits to the sandbox!

1 Like

So if doing the lv 4 Amarr epic arc and want to complete it for Sansha, the -1.252% negative standing hit isn’t very much.

Granted after completing the arc and subtracting the negative hits you won’t get the full +12.5% (lv 5 social) standing gain but you’ll still get most of it.

2 Likes