Encounter Surveillance System Update

And how regularly are these Needlejack filaments killing you vs the days/weeks you go by uninterrupted?

They already defending their space.

we see needlejacks daily , both small gangs and large gangs . and, btw, i dont rat, so quit assuming that i am an afk ratter, in my 11 years of play on several accounts i enjoy the full EVE experience, kid

2 Likes

I didn’t ask how often you see them.
I asked how regularly you were getting killed by them.

depending on the group, we win, we lose
thats part of the fun

Given that you’ve dodged the question twice, I’m gonna guess that I’ve hit a spot where you don’t actually have any proof to support and back up your claims made above, such as.

But wtvr, I’m done wasting my time with krabs. I thought you had some brains, but at the end of the day, you’re just crying about made up numbers and bs assumptions that you can up with out of nowhere. Such a disappointment. Maybe one day, the internet fad of getting offended by change for the sake of getting offended will get tired and people will start looking at the actual numbers.

1 Like

If you are actively dodging incomming danger - you should be nerfed. What a freaking wow.

2 Likes

i am not sure what numbers you are looking for, but i know what my team earns from ratting and mining i hear in comms how my players feel about the state of the game. i actively encourage them to play and adapt. that does not prevent me from expressing my personal opinions in the forums and i consider their issues as i post. just like my response to the guy that looked up my zkill, this is not a pvp character so yes, my zkill sucks. you dont know me, nor can you legitimately judge my play style, i pay to play i dont plex. I enjoy the game and hate to see player morale going down over nonsense. the ESS change is nonsense to me. thats my opinion, plain and simple

You just made my point clearer… if nobody has excess isk to buy plex they will have to sub to the game instead of farming for plex. Not against a company making money ofc but if you think it’s nonsense that all of these changes have been made to make isk harder to farm you are deluded. Ratting is the most efficient way to use isk to buy omega, there is no reason to change it unless you want people to make less isk. Fact.

I didn’t say it was impossible, but lets take say an alliance of 30k members and 100 systems. There will be some systems with 2-3 people ratting only. Now lets say those 2-3 people have lives and can only play a couple of hours. They play - rat - log off - isk in the ESS gets taken. Now imagine that happening every day for saay a month, how many months is that player going to bother logging for **nothing when they could be playing other games.

** It really would be helpful to know what the actual % of the bounty is paid in 2bh.

As someone else posted above though. These changes are all to Create Conflict. The current war wasn’t started because of lack of minerals, it certainly won’t start because someone took the ESS isk, people chose to drive the conflict. Not the game. If you think these changes are anything but to reduce people’s ability to make isk and force them to buy subsciptions/plex from the paid store then you’re blind.

4 Likes

Ok? You do know that subscriptions with cash are less money for CCP than subscriptions with PLEX, right?

I didn’t say it was impossible, but lets take say an alliance of 30k members and 100 systems. There will be some systems with 2-3 people ratting only. Now lets say those 2-3 people have lives and can only play a couple of hours. They play - rat - log off - isk in the ESS gets taken. Now imagine that happening every day for saay a month, how many months is that player going to bother logging for **nothing when they could be playing other games.

“Imagine a badly organized alliance that can’t provide collective defense for its members”.

Not sure what your point here is, besides that some people are bad at EVE and will continue to fail.

Do you rat?

CCP, what are you doing?!? Your going to make all of the nullbears quit the game!

Conspiracy theories are stupid. Ccp isnt changing anything to get you to spend money. If they wanted more money they would make anom ratting EASIER and ignore the bot explosion that causes.

Ccp is making this change because the game designers in charge of this think its a workable idea that will bring more value in the long run to the game.

I think they are drastically wrong and they are repeating the blackout mistake and that these changes will be relatively short lived because they will cause a decrease in good activity and interaction in unforeseen ways. Like blackout, these changes will get changed again when they see what this does to the bottom line.

But seeing some conspiracy to all this is just dumb “flat-earthian” thinking. Again if Ccp was just trying to make you buy more plex they’d do the opposite of this kind of thing.

This is literally the point.

It actually makes CCP more money if people purchase PLEX and sell it on the market for ISK, compared to people purchasing Omega game time. And tangentially related, people will still farm and krab for isk in game plenty. Where do you think the isk to fund PLEX buy orders will come from? Highsec missions? lol

The current war started because people were so bored of the bloat that was generated from Rorquals and Capital ratting from 2016 to 2019 that one nullbloc decided to just go for it.

thats not how it works though. Currently i can plex all my accounts using isk instead of $$, which is made by ratting alts. If those alts make less isk it drives up the need to spend $$. (I do subscribe a couple of accounts am not a total freeloader :P)

It’s not conspiracy (though i love watching flat earth documentaries - i feel instantly smarter) and this may not be the “intent” but if people can’t make enough isk to plex accounts for free they will have to pay ccp to play with $$, me it doesn’t reeeeally effect, with enough alts a % is neglagable but for those with 1 toon ratting for isk, i think will have large impact.

We really do need to know the % that will do into the ESS. That will make the concerns (and the obvious trolls) a moot point.

It’s 50% if you’ve been reading the thread.

But only because another player bought a 30 day subscription worth of PLEX with cash, paying more than it would cost to buy a 30 day subscription directly with cash. Why is this so hard to understand?

You are mistaking your situation with someone else’s (ccp’s) intent. It doesn’t mean you would have to use cash, I means you’d have to rat more or fins some other way to earn wealth. Or quit playing.

If ccps intent is to get more people to pay them money they would make a risky move that is likely to lose them subs. Its a good bet that their game design team has had to talk to their monetization team about potential effects of these kinds of changes.

Its foolish to assign intent to a change just because you dont like it. I dont like it but there is no evidence of some nefarious plot. Ccp doesnt care how you pay them, but if they did they want more people to plex in game, they get more from a plex sale than a sub

It is hard to even read this thread now. I am a dad with 3 kids that play this game as well as being an officer in a corp. I like to think that gives me a fairly well rounded view of what players are thinking. my daughter is strictly HS , primarily missions. She doesnt care for the trig stuff and has stopped mining altogether because she cant get the ore to build things. her account is now alpha. My pvp oriented son is happy with the changes that are feeding him kills, (miners and haulers mostly) and i try to shame him for not really doing pvp. my other son is the ultimate carebear miner/ratter. Personally, i run 5 accounts with each character pursuing different aspects of the game. My assessment of the recent changes is that we are losing players over them. The DBS change, while ambitious, just doesnt feel right to me. The ESS change just seems wrong on many levels. I have no idea what CCP’s real motive is, but the impact i am seeing is players not wanting to log in other than to talk in comms or help with ops.
There are things in EVE that need dev attention, like the increasing lag on undock, item transfer and jump gates. The mindless tedium of PI where keystrokes could be reduced. I would rather see some effort in those areas rather than odd changes with obscure objectives. I will stop posting in this thread. i have said my piece. See you in game o7

2 Likes

I’ve been watching that, kinda, and the numbers seemed pretty steady still. Time will tell…