End scarcity, fix the real issue

we are nearly 2 years into scarcity. can you please press ccp to end scarcity?

i’m no game dev or game designer, but we all know that the broken capital mining ship are the issue. why does ccp dont fix the rorqual by remove the excatavor drones, who are the main issue? the rorqual / orca are boosting ships for mining ops, they shouldn’t be capital mining platforms.

it looks like they dont wanna do what’s needed to fix the main issue.
I’m wrong?

2 Likes

Some of the csm were against it starting, they tried to stop it, but ultimately CCP will do what they want.

2 Likes

The goal of scarcity was not only to reduce the amount of minerals entering the game, but also to reduce the stockpiles of minerals people had. For that second goal the scarcity needs to take a long time.

I remember that CCP said something about changes to mining boosting ships at the start of this year. I expect we can see maybe an end to scarcity once the Orca and Rorqual have been changed.

3 Likes

Which is going to be healthy for the game in the long run .
I anticipate between 6-12 months of scarcity from now on . It is a good thing.

1 Like

as a rorqual pilot that has seen rorquals, excavator drones nerfed many times since they converted them from boosting platforms to mining platforms i agree, it never should have happened. however, the role rorquals play in the “scarcity” world is minimal. It has gone on long enough and the pain of distribution wont just go away , it is part of CCP scenerio that requires movement and isk sink transaction taxes. I do hope they do something useful with the rorquals and orcas, especially given the skill points it takes to fly one. hopefully they are done with just turning them into loot pinatas.

3 Likes

here comes the problem. the ore wasn’t the issue. the ship as solo miner is one. as boosting ship it served his role well.

i’m happy ccp never had the idea, to turn combat booster ships, into such as a pve ship with the firepower of a carrier. in this case everyone would agree, that this would be broken

edit: i fly rorqual boost even before they could use excator drones. i served a role in a fleet.

1 Like

CSM has no influence over CCP’s decision making process. They’re just a glorified think tank for feedback that CCP can listen to and promptly ignore.

4 Likes

It’s my number 1 campaign ask.

4 Likes

As someone who mined for 10 years there is no way in hell you can get me to take a Barge or Exhumer into low sec. It’s just not profitable you’ll still make more in high sec. A miner will take thier barge into low sec one time. They won’t ever again once they lose it. So no this BS rebalancing won’t ultimately lead to more mining ship losses. I pack my bags and head back to null before I attempt to mine in low sec. Been there done that, and between having to dock every time a neutral jumped onto the system and the loss of a couple ships it wasn’t worth the risk.

4 Likes

Im a high sec miner and ive quit since this ore re-work as moon mining is a joke i cant produce anymore cus im out of mexallon,although i have plenty of everything else,i think CCP expect players like myself to turn my brain off and throw myself into low sec and lose my orca and barges for s**ts and giggles.Im very angry as ive put alot off time and effort in just to see all my freinds quit in Derelik and take there facilities down and quit,i think CCP are clueless and listen to there big wheel friends in Null Sec only!

2 Likes

Agreed

Or they forgot how they started it and can’t make it stop.

You could sell your excess and buy mex… FYI, that is ccp’s goal

1 Like

enjoy all the nullbears and their 20 mining alts (bots?) unsubbing their accounts again and all the CSM (i.e. nullbear reps) crying MUH LOG IN NUMBERS MUH LOG IN NUMBERS.

Blackout is a perfect example of what happens when the right thing, happens to the wrong people.

1 Like

Anybody using excavator drones on Rorqs right now is just asking for it. There’s no reason to use them anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.