Enter the Portal – Black Ops Update

I have to disagree.

A ship with this bonus with a jump drive, I’m hoping this gets put into the game,
Add some drone control range and navigation mods to the Sin. Do up a fit in PYFA or something to get a feel for the numbers up against other logi ships.

I already have some ideas for some cheesy PVP with a sin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the Sin is supposed to go around saving ships with logi drones, could it at least have more scan resolution?

With a faction cloak it has 150mm scan res, which means it takes at least 14 seconds + drone travel time before you can start saving a bomber. At numbers like 5k effective health for a hunter bomber and 500 dps for a ratting ship, that equals a dead bomber before the logi drones even could apply.

The Sin with 5 heavy logi drones repairs like a T2 logi frigate. It’s not nothing, and with navigation mods could be a healer, but the low scan res of the battleship is going to give a lot of trouble when you want to use the logi drones to save bombers taking damage.

Please give the blops battleships a bit more scan resolution.

The Sin, logi droneboat

• repairs as much as a T2 logi frigate
  • cannot lock a bomber in time to apply repairs before it dies
  • cannot save a bomber cyno from an Ishtar’s dps even if it could lock in time
  • cannot use two of the hull’s bonuses (drone tracking and drone damage)
  • feels like a weird gimmick

My suggestion if you insist in making the Sin a logi droneboat:

• Triple the logi bonus
  • Or combine the drone logi bonus with the drone damage bonus into one bonus and give it another useful bonus
  • Give it higher scan resolution (and the other blops as well)

Alternatively, pick another useful bonus that doesn’t conflict with a drone dps hull.

With the current bonuses to the Sin I’m very disappointed I’ve trained for a Sin rather than one of the other hulls. All 4 racial blops can field 5 heavy logi drones, but none of them have to give up the majority of their dps to do so. The Sin may be able to repair 50% better, but 50% of very little is still very little and not worth giving up multiple hull bonuses to drone dps.

Minigal FTW , same as its been for the last 10 years ?
How do people not see it !
Even Soct is better than Calamari.

And still they complain Minigal is not good enough. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think the Black ops need more HP, they have less HP than most Battlecruisers, making them extremely squishy. I suggest increasing their base hp to match their T1 counterparts.

Also, what about chaning the hybrid turret and energy turret damage bonus on the marshal to a rof bonus? Because now the Marshal has 12 effective turrets with missiles and projectiles, but only 9 with hybrids and lasers. And the Marshal could need a dronebay too. Battleship without drones doesnt make a lot of sense. Especially since the hull alone cost 8b.

3 Likes

I think while you are making changes to the Black Ops battleships, you should consider giving it access to the Assault Damage Control to increase its durability and give pilots decision making as to when to use the module. It will address the tank issue that the black ops ships have without making them super tanky all the time. It would also make it the only ship in the black/covert ops line to use the assault damage control.

2 Likes

Let’s not turn them into assault battleships. Jump drive and cyno are enough, imagine an assault battleship with jump drive and cyno.

Agree LOL, tho their resists are a bit questioning, atleast having correct amount of mid/low slots to atleast do a semi efficient tank should be fair. On that note i think the sin should have a mid slot since many does it shield active tank. What u think?

That is what they are, just acknowledge it and let it happen. It is being changed to lead the assault with a jump and extract the assault team out. Giving it the assault damage control as an option only means that it has an increased chance to survive the assault so that it can extract the recon team. It is only 9 seconds of Tank with a long cooldown that at least gives the ship a chance to survive. Otherwise the ship will remain as a bridge for the other recons.

1 Like

Blackops battleships are about asymmetric warfare. They do not jump into a situation where an assault damage control is necessary to keep a battleship alive.

If you’re in a fight where your battleship is alphaed off the field within those 9 seconds, you seriously messed up your drop.

Adding an assault damage control would allow blops battleships to be a home defence doctrine (counter)dropping on anything that moves and overwhelming them with dps and massive health boosted by the ADC. If things seem to go sour, they already have the ability to cyno in faxes and other capital ships, but right now their health isn’t worth sticking around for that long. With ADCs you enable that kind of gameplay and I don’t think that’s the kind of gameplay blops battleships should be involved in.

Blops battleships are about asymetric fights where you drop on targets that made the wrong choice, kill the targets and disappear before backup arrives.

By the way, if you want a module to significantly reduce damage taken for the blops battleships, have you considered the Signature Radius Suppressor? It will temporarily massively reduce your sig radius, which is similar to an ADC versus certain weapons.

@CCP_Dopamine please take notice of this topic

There was some ideas and discussion about renewing BlOps.
Notably (IMO):
Redimer: bonus for energy neutralizing drones. Makes sense given how tight fitting on it now.
Sin: bonus for heavy disruptors/scramblers
Panther: changing weapon system to match hull. Web/grappler bonus.

I really hope we drop the rof bonus on missiles and replace it with a damage one as cov ops warfare is all about alpha striking and gtfo

I wouldn’t mind the enforcer getting a cov ops cloak to join in on the action. And why doesnt it have a drone bay?

And can we finally get cov ops cloaks for blops battleships?
Ide love to be able to warp up to someone sneak up while they not paying attention decloak and unleash hell.

And for the love of God can we make vortron projectors not jump to purples ?

Reminder:

Drone logi bonus on a drone dps ship means one or two useless bonuses.

A Sin pilot will have to choose which ship bonuses to ignore when fitting the ship, so it essentially has only 2 or 3 bonuses where other blops ships have 4.

1 Like

no
its not
generally useless

thats why i like nestor

please dont

Just to point out again that even with these changes it will be RARE for someone to jump a blops into battle. Not worth the Risk as they are too squishy!

Can we get a 300% bonus ecm drone strength and health on a widow
And 90% less damage for drones

Kinda solves the complaints about the old-school ecm u can spread out ur 5 drones and be a reasonable annoyance to 5 people or take 1 key player out while leaving room to run a proper shield tank and maybe a jam or 2

An armour tanked widow is just a joke

And you cant run a usefull shield buffer and a usefull amount of jams and tackle mwd mjd and a cap booster.

At this point does the widow even have to be along the same line as the scorpion?
Maybe a new niche it can fill so we leave the ecm drama behind.

Or just give it a high slot module or 2 that works like a vortron projector
Arching over 10 people jamming their ship for x seconds.
Call it a directional emp wave generator job done

Widow is good as it is, VERY good, just need a small buff to the numbers which it does, tho i would love seeing heavy missile dmg bonus instead of rate of fire. that would be much more useful and more inpactful.
Reason why i say it is good as it is: Go range, and treat it as a falcon, or how most will use it which is the most inpactful one: ignore target ecm, and just put a Burst jammer. 36 Strength going 20km wide. which should clear MOST scrams onto your blops group, and they can all just MJD away.
Having 3-5 widows per blops drop is how you 99% of the time ensure no casualties.
Pulsing Burst jammer 1 sec after another is HUGE.
Then u can even fit extra prop module and a utility ewar at the same time as having a great tank.

Can the logi drone bonus for the Sin be doubled to 20% per level? Or at least 15% per level?

Right now it’s only 50% more effective at max level than 5 heavy logi drones on any of the other racial blops ships, but all those other ships don’t have to sacrifice their main weapon to do so.

Please make the choice to lose dps drones in order to use logi drones on the Sin worth it.

1 Like

It’s never gonna be worth it.

Did the Marshal’s missile RoF bonus get nerfed from the 10% shown? I had a fit on the test server and it lost a good bit of dps since the last time I saw it.

CCPlease give blops a nestor style ship maintance bay.

1 Like