Enter the Portal – Black Ops Update

Really missed the BEST chance to make the Nestor the Black Ops Logi that it should have always been. With the Astero and Stratios as CovOps ships this is the logical place for the Nestor…

12 Likes

Pacifier is already strong but I don’t see why it shouldn’t also get these new bonuses, given the hull cost.

1 Like

Good solid changes all around CCP. Love blops already, now I may just have to marry them. Covops changes are also solid, little bit of love for the explo bro’s and hunters.

I agree with the others about the Widow - it really needs a role bonus to give it the old ECM behaviour.

Without that the ability is useless as its main defensive/offensive wear doesn’t actually help the blops ship itself - and by the very nature of a blops drop you’re coming in close to the enemy and completely vulnerable.

ECM as it is at the moment protects other people, not yourself, which isn’t much good when you’re the highest value target on the field.

The Sin getting a bonus to logistics drones also seems weak and conflicts with the other bonuses. I think it should either get a bonus to remote repair modules (not drones) or some other bonus that synergizes better.

The vorton projector change is interesting - hopefully, it’s enough that the ships start seeing some use.

6 Likes

Nice!
as a nullcarebear, I’ve been asking for a reason for blops-ship to also be on the grid… at least now we might see an equal “isk commitment” on the grid :slight_smile:

but it remains to be seen, as previously mentioned in this thread, +2 bombers (60-80m combined) overshadows the DPS of a +1b ship. :confused:

so I guess, nerf bombers? :wink:

1 Like

I wish Zealots were used more often. I remember when I trained into HACs back 5-6 years ago to A) Ishtar it up in PVE and B) fly Eagles/Zealots/Muninns in sniper HAC fleets with Spectre Fleet. I’d say I went on 60% Zealot, 30% Eagle, and 10% Muninn fleets back in those days.

and yes, there’s a noticeable lack of Gallente ships on that list of yours, except for the Mega on the BS list. ;_;

I’m finding my self a little stunned to see things being improved. I don’t happen use any of these ships, but seeing them get buffed after the last year or so of outlandishly unpleasant changes and severe nerfs is kind of amazing…
And good.

1 Like

Cov ops - I Like the changes, one issue may be CPU tightness for expanded probe launchers + Nullifiers, maybe consider a role bonus to reduce the CPU use of probe launchers by a small amount.
Powergrid on Cheetahs/Buzzards are also notoriously tight compared to the Helios/Anathema considering the combat bonus removal this should be addressed.

Black ops
A better explanation of the reduced fuel from the fleet jump would be nice, i am imagining the black ops has a set fuel cost for the jump and every passenger rides for free.

Redeemer - ROF increase if going to give this ship heavy cap penalties, leave the ROF @ 5% and give it a 5% Damage bonus additionally (Maybe some numbers tweaks there as i have not calculated the differences in damage potential)

Widow - nuke the ECM bonus and give it some kind of range bonus for missiles if you want this ship to be utilized, If we want poorly working ECM we’ll bring falcons instead, or give it some kind of specialized ECM drone bonus instead, but as ECM works now this is a very poor bonus and is in direct contradiction to the tank of the ship by fitting a module that makes it a default target for damage while also taking a slot away from its primary ehp buffer.

Eden Com - Chain lightning meme mechanics are bad, please give this weapon system a complete rework instead of silly bandaid low effort number changes.

4 Likes

Okay.
Thanks for the correction. :slight_smile:

Somehow underwhelming, don’t see that changing anything substantial.

@CCP_Dopamine

Blos tank is still BAD.
Redeemer:

1. too squishy to actually fight.
    Cap turret use bonus change for Armor res bonus.
  2. new bonuses don’t match with high slot limit
    can’t fit 6 turrets, cloak, portal and newly bonused neut into 8 high slots.
    One turret has to go, with compensation rolled into Damage bonus
    RoF bonus has to be changed into Damage bonus, because RoF on lazors is a joke and Cap bonus is changed to armor bonus.
  3. Buff to base resist profile
  4. Buff to armor buffer
  5. Nerf to Fitting because -1 turret

Widow:
New ECM forces it to act like a “Tank”, diverting damage to self.
Carrier has 3 fighters. So, if widow decides to save cyno by jamming fighters, Widow dies, because tank is compromised by 3 ECM mods, 2 prop mods, leaving it with only MAX 3 actual tank mods.

ECM - Tank - Propulsion there is just too much to cram into 8 slots.
It need more tank, get rid of range bonus and get 15% Shield EHP per level.
That will compensate for lack of 2 midslots.

Pathter:
Where is racial EWAR? Quad damage bonus is nice, but WTF, consistency?
Web bonus (any) \ Grappler range could be of use to help fix target in place.

SIn:
Drone damage and Logi Amt is essentially ONE bonus, as it can’t be used at the same time.
So, Sin is down 1 effective bonus.

Could be filled with Dis\Scram range bonus OR grappler range bonus, to help apply blaster dps

4 Likes

Interesting idea there… the first ship with a GRAPPLER specific bonus rather than a web bonus? make the Panther the serpentis ship of the blops, eh? :wink:

(well, if strength… if range, the blood ship of the blops, I guess… and yes, also minnie t2 like huginn and rapier and all… it fits!)

just gonna re-paste this since i made a comment before this thread

for edencom, hitting more targets is super nice and all, but they need a RoF buff too you know. ive been using the thunderchild for anom ratting and even with lvl 4 BS (soon to be 5) and lvl 5 large vortons the rate of fire is just 1 to 2 seconds a little slow compared to what i can easily do with other battleships. I know the Stormbringer is top tier in the abyss but overall if the ships had a slightly faster RoF that would be a really nice finishing touch to the ship line, especially for the Thunderchild, I know for sure

I guess T2 resist on a 1.5-2BIL ship is too much to ask…

4 Likes

This seems like a decent change given the circumstances.

The Black ops BS needed some love because of its price. It does however not exceed the excellence and expendability of pairing bombers with recons for application. Also, more cargo?

The cov ops frig change is ok I guess. The Buzzard is not the king of scanning ships due to the 5 mids and now enough low slots to fit enough Co-processors to give it the CPU to fit everything you need. The scan deviation bonus is powerful. It may allow you to scan at 8au, then go three steps lower (instead of two) to 0.5au because you know that red dot is closer to the actual signature location. I’m afraid the Helios and Cheetah may see very low usage. Removing the combat bonuses will mean even a poorly fit t1 scanning ship will be able to run off a covert ops frig.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I hate all ships that teleport. That just enables asymmetric warfare. Continued usage of blops usually kills content in an area over the long term. What I’m saying is that given the acceptance that blops are in the game and you don’t want to remove them, this at least makes them make more sense. I don’t however think cynos and covert cyno mechanics are overall good for the game health.

there is a filament of truth in this observation

Is SOE ships not included in this update?

2 Likes

It has been mentioned before, but just to make sure.
If your intent was to put the Sin’s agility bonus into the hull, you did the opposite. Now it has a PENALTY to agility when compared with the old version.

3 Likes

You know that calling people stupid generally doesn’t interest them in listening right? Especially when you then go on to show you have no knowledge of how it actually works.

Vorton hits the original target and 4 additional targets within 10km
Now it hits the original target + 9 additional targets within 10km.

That’s a massive increase to the potential DPS and how it will apply as the odds are now good that more of the “splash” damage is now hitting the same targets from each attacker. They basically doubled the damage output of Vorton Projectors in a fleet vs fleet setting and have the potential to completely overwhelm enemy logistics.

It also means that the secondary targets are now going to be taking substantially more damage than they were before as for each person firing there is twice as much chance that you get the “splash” damage from that person.

5 Likes

agreed. i was wondering what feffri was even talking about. the ships are amazing as is and id rather have the random targeting after the initial target is selected.

i just want them to buff the RoF for the ship line just a tiny bit then id feel itd be good overall