Erosion of Invasion standing benefits

Pochven was the only region in EvE (wh excluded) which you couldn’t just blob n+1 whenever you want (for example to wreck the legacy citadels in there). People who wanted to operate there had to show some commitment to the cause, which created a unique community.

I was in hope of some relaxed but still meaningful access rules which could keep interests in balance, but CCP took both away forever with a 5min sledgehammer change.

1 Like

Because Edencom operates not only in highsec but also in Pochven, especially at the empire entrance holes. It’s not a need, and most Pochven folks have given up on that in exchange for the flashpoint ISK, but being plus to EC makes live in Pochven much easier.

To me it’s a bit double. The change is the classic CCP “balancing with a sledgehammer” approach, on the other hand Pochven/Trig people didn’t even try to contain their laughter and shadenfreude when it went their way trolling Edencom people going “lol, you’ve chosen the wrong side chumps you got NOTHING hahahahaha. We’re so much better!”.

And now those exact same people are crying and whining about a change. A crappy change but still hey have more to show for than the Edencom folks.

with the change in June where anyone having any positive standing to Trigs will be KOS in all empire space there wont be much laughing. Stay in Pochven my friends.

Wat?

That makes no sense.

Trigs go home.

Pro-trigs go Pochven.

1 Like

@Nana_Skalski I really wish there was an avenue for that to be the case. I as a Kybernaught would like that kind of gameplay. I mean hey, how many worlds did I stop you saving? I forget…
But yet, the Empires don’t even care that I helped cast several of their system into the Abyss. (oh well, I’ll just have to try harder I suppose…)
I think what both Pro ENDENCOM and Pro Trigalvian players need are new avenues that could represent their choices in game that they have committed to. May that be in the form of sites, missions or epic arcs for the more PVE inclined and maybe a kind of fraction war/invasion content in Pochven by having EDENCOM reclaim control of the system for a short period of time to fill the needs of that part of the player base.
I mostly agree with what @Neugeniko say at the start of the thread, in were this has eroded the meaning and work it took to build those standing for Pochven, but to be fair, like @Chan_aar said its the place that the EDENCOM player base found themselves 6 months ago.
So now that both sides have been brought back down to the ground floor, I believe that its a good time to begin building new features in the game for both side to have better representation to their choices equally.

Choices with lasting consequences are bad design for a game you want to play longer than a couple months. Every kind of gameplay must be open to everyone with reasonable efforts. Reasonable doesn’t mean zero.

@Tipa_Riot that’s fair, but since choices are big thing in eve I personally believe it still has it’s place in Eve, however i do think you touch on something there either way.
How would you want to see something pushed forward?

Its ok, but must be balanced between severity and redemption possibility.

Sure, and leaving Edencom in the rain was a dick move of CCP. The moment CCP knew there would be nothing for the losers of phase 3, they should have reset their trig standing to reasonable levels. I knew CCP would mess this up, so I kept neutral until Pochven formed.

CCP taught the players, don’t commit or you may get shafted … yeah, great perspectives for future events.

3 Likes

Don’t think ive seen standing being reset ever. No precedent might make it very hard to argue for it. Some standing should be like security status and easily recoverable to 0 maybe, via some content.

I got my standing reset hard :wink:

But there were no winners. EDENCOM saved many key systems, lost some caldari ones because of inabalnce actually CCP itself caused, pro trigs lost many good opportunities, but in the end it was clear CCP would keep on spawning systems till some new Caldari ones will fall on their own. At the end it was war of attrition. Both sides lost something, gained something.

Both EDENCOM, and pro trigs still exist, and will be in foreseeable future.

It’s only Monday, we have the whole week to think up something worse.

1 Like

Nice fantasy world you live in there

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.