ESS & Bounty Payout Adjustment - I hate it, it ruins the game for me

My apologies. I am frustrated with the mechanic and I don’t do well with comments that suggest to do something else or suggest going back to an old activity , most importantly because ive invested time/skillpoints into this activity only to be majorly disappointed. This is my feedback on the mechanic and since I don’t know of a better place to submit feedback, I am doing it here.

2 Likes

This thread is toxic

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be the logical thing to do, though, if you feel you’re getting ripped off by ESS mechanics in Null?

I hear that’s been going around. You’re not the first one to be frustrated by CCP’s stupid mechanics… Do you think maybe that could be why EVE has been losing players like a deflating balloon loses air?

I don’t think it’s going to help much but if it makes you feel better…

The only suggestion I had was: if you notice it doesn’t work for you then do something else. :woman_shrugging:

The point being is that the majority of players voted for and like this ESS mechanic so it is staying and being refined by CCP.

It is more than fair for everyone involved.

It appears to be broken aswell. Yesterday i rand two havens in a home system with 198 percent. Normally haven is about 30 mill in bounties. But with the ess payout i only received about 46 million per site.

2 Likes

This will only make more players quitte the game.

Why would they be quitting if they like the mechanics??

I am not a fan of the ESS.

I have a rule of thumb that if there is anything about the content that I am doing that annoys me, makes me jump through too many hoops and gives free stuff to others then I do not partake. ESS is one of those, it is one of the reasons I am in NPC 0.0, thankfully CCP ignores this space though the Bounty Risk Modifier is here but that seems to increase my bounty.

2 Likes

Because EVE is a PVP game where you work with or interact against others, it’s not a grind game.

That’s a small minority. Most people like to relax and pve, progress and buildup something nice, collect ships or whatever.

And ESS is a pretty inefficent way to do it.

If it doesnt pay better than NPC null for a soloist why do it?

2 Likes

Even as an aggressor who pvp’s in Sov Null I think ESS is pretty bad. No option for mwd leads to terrible fights and a stale meta imo.

About bounty risk modifer I love it in low sec its great becuase we actually do pvp and are not scared.

My suggestion
Bounty Risk Modifer:
Sov Null : 90% to 110%
NPC Null : 70% to 200%
Low Sec : 50% to 250%

P.S. @Ayakana I have said this 100x already, leave sov null and go to npc null you will make alot more isk and be happier and you might even learn to love pvp more if you do. Also no ESS in npc null so just move dude. If you are smart enough to see that Ess sux then you are smart enough to see NPC null for the glorious place that it is.

Also as a side benifit every sp you trained is going to be put to use in NPC Null the only difference is instead of anom’s its mission’s which cannot be botted it also means if you do research and track your progress you can skip certain missions that are not good and increase your profit’s.

Sov Null’s design only makes it good for bot’s, or players who think like bot’s.

4 Likes

Jesus christ.

It took me just 3 months since I started playing this game as a total noob without any previous knowledge about it to realize that there is no point building anything in this game as CCP suggest. Sure you can do that. But eventually someone bigger comes and tread on your dreams. That is the essence of the game where bigger and stronger groups rules and you are left with two choices:

• join them
  • deal with it

Whining on forum that is is unfair and you want to do stuff in multiplayer game totally unaffected by other players, that you want to build your castle and have it stay there forever, that is not a legit choice and if you want that you are playing the wrong game.

Wake up finally. This is U-PvP full loot game with tons of adversity and the point of this game is to overcome that adversity and feel good about that. If you want to mindlessly mine or grind PvE content, without ever being annoyed by other players you should try some other game there are plenty on the market. Or do that on EVE test server but it won’t be 100% safe there either.

3 Likes

He could also just play on sisi lol’s. No one will kill him there and he can farm in peace for eternity.
I actually spend quite a bit of time on sisi, It’s nice.

Ive never actually been there.

Always figured if I could have whatever I wanted without issue then it would spoil the game for me

1 Like

I’m a bit crazy and try lots of experimental thing’s so I don’t loose billions in-game just to test

I like the risk too much.

Atm Im seeing how many Orcas I can put in a WH

1 Like

As much as your credit card allows :smiley:

If you love the risk you should try flying an AT ship around. I’m sure that will get the blood flowing.

Same here. There are enough horror stories going around the internet about EVE to warn any dreamer that once you have something going for yourself, two things are bound to happen:

• Some bored members of a corporation that rents an office in NPC station will target you and your fragile operation for termination.
  • CCP will mess with the game in a way that pulls the rug from underneath you.
    Now they’ll say adapt, move, htfu… wich basically means: shut the hell up and play the game as you’re told or get the f- out of the game… Some choices.

Then they’ll ask " Why are the players leaving "
It’s like a wife-beater after a few years of clobbering his “loved one” asking: " You’re leaving me?? But why??"
Duh

1 Like