Evacuate Final Lim Systems for offline users question

I’m not concerned about players and their undock games. That’s fine. Emergent gameplay etc etc. I still have the locals talking to me. I’m more concerned about the BR align times and bookmarks indeed! So that’s why I’m probing their AI.

As it happens, they do operate in Fleets of some kind. Meaning that fleet is either on the station or the gate, but not both. You will want to undock a BR when they camp the gate instead of the station.

While aligning, a T2 multispectrum shield hardener can make that 12.000 ehp, but I haven’t tested if that is enough to withstand their alpha strike. So far their fleet couldn’t touch me when undocking with anything, but they did warp right on top of me at about 600 (or they are insanely fast). With an interceptor I could align out and jump a gate without even getting hit once, I just fear getting decloaked after that initial warp while aligning to the gate.

I have heard that they can land on your safe spots and insta-unlocks before you even come out of warp.

I have also heard that they can warp on-grid with you, even if you are cloaked.

Hearsay, but interesting.

1 Like

I’d also heard of this. While I haven’t encountered it, the idea that CCP has allowed NPCs to warp to a safe before the player has done so is not one that inspires confidence in the direction of the game.

Diamond rat NPCs also exhibit this behaviour, it is not unique to the invasion.

2 Likes

Drifters also have mechanics like that. I’m not sure what I think of it though. AI obviously has the benefit of knowing what a player does and where he warps exactly, information another player would not be privy to. On the other hand any AI behavior can be gamed as long as you’re aware of how it works.

In the end I was able to extract my stuff by playing smart, waiting for a moment where the station was not camped. I could simply use my old BM for the Blockade Runner, and a Deep Space Transport just laughs as the disruptors tickle your tank while you slowly align out.

I managed to align from a gate with an untanked Probe under fire of their entire fleet, 20% armor left. I warped to 0 in a station in a pod and had an unlucky roll, ended up slightly further away and got shot. Still survived and managed to dock. It’s my guess most ships can survive the first few shots of a fleet, so far the only time I died I dallied on the undock in a destroyer.

You have heard wrong, my cloaked alt has never had any issues with rats landing on top of him regardless of where he has been in system

They operate multiple fleets it isn’t a single roaming spawn

Not much to probe, they are still subject to normal locking rules outside of having an infinite lock range like most NPC’s, if you have an instaundock you can easily just undock from the station, just make sure you have an instadock back because they will murder you in the time it takes yo to slowboat the 300m to dock after warping :stuck_out_tongue:

Just because it hasn’t happened to you does not mean it cannot happen.

Has your cloaked alt been agroed by a roaming fleet?
The warping to a safe is agro related. Once you have broken agro you are fine, assuming you are at an off grid safe.

Considering how many hours i’ve spent in invaded systems, i think its a fairly safe bet at this point

Lol…

Yes its been shot at before when i forgot to cloak or got decloaked

That really depends on your tank. My pod did survive a few hundred meters, but would have popped if it had been more. I still think it’s VERY good advice to make a docking BM just in case!

I’m moving assets into final liminal systems so I can sell assets to abysal players who are forced to transit through next filament they use.

Cap B 800’'s, nanite, drones & other get up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.