EVE - A MMO(not)RPG

Yeah, but I was kinda hoping it would wait till after I retired and died…

I’ve thought about this a lot over the years as well and here is the conclusion I’ve come to.

The reason many of the lore storylines never are finished is because the devs/writers that created them are no longer with CCP. I started EVE back in Incursion in 2011 I think. Almost all the devs that were around back then are gone now.

Many more have come since and are already gone. The problem is the devs/writers create huge storylines designed to extend over multiple years and then the they leave CCP before the storylines are finished.

New devs/writers come in with their own ideas and visions and choose to pursue that instead of finishing the legacies of those who came before them.

Then the new devs/writers leave after a few years if even that and the cycle continues…

9 Likes

I have to say, if we are talking about lore, EvE’s is at once, dark, dingy, not very dynamic, depressing and fairly hopeless.

Now, thats not to say there arent good settings where the lore is like that, but I still havent found anyone able to take a debate with me on what exctly is so good about what passes for lore in this game.

There isnt really any sense of it continuing or developing, its pretty dry, shallow and lifeless really.

Well…

If immersion and RP is your thing I would say calling your character Creampie might have been the first place that killed that immersion for you.

7 Likes

Was 70$ monocles, the living breathing universe predates his times.

2 Likes

I would say: quite contrary. Especially when you watch many Gallente holoreels.

2 Likes

Um, it’s Captain Creampie…

4 Likes

Owner of Captain Creampies Creamy Biscuits tm.
New Edens supreme provider of baked goods and wedding cakes by order. We are a family business. Thank you.

5 Likes

Thats where your are mistaken, sir! You are at fault for assuming this is actually ‘a game’ when in fact this all is nothing but a clever ploy for PA overlords to sell more PLEX to an unsuspecting populace.

1 Like

Do you bake cakes for lgbt weddings?

Maybe they will, then refuse to in order to drum up business through attention but miscalculate and lose business out of it.

True story.

1 Like

No…

ermagerd! boycott, sue, riot!

LMAO. You are too funny, Mr. E.

1 Like

Why not?

Because I am a believer in Scripture and it is very clear on this Issue. Like many Gallente I found to the true one faith.

Yeezus

Hedonism?

Scripture gave us the strength to make it through these hard times we, as a small family run business face. You can find an update here Captain Creampie's Creamy Biscuits - Business Update

In plane scape torment (an RPG with an amazing universe and story -well some aspects have grown cliche over the years, but it wasn’t cliche when it came out), has a sensate NPC that wants to wipe his memory so that he can experience things for the first time again.

Haven’t found a way to do that, but I have enjoyed going through old gems from my childhood that I hadn’t played in 15 or so years. Forgot a lot of things, found that I appreciated certain characters/story elements/choices more as an adult, and even discovered some content/secrets that I had missed the first time through. Oh, and some games even have fan made patches that restore cut content. Quality can vary, but some of it is so good, you wouldn’t even realize that it was fan made had you not already known better.