Eve Bots - are they a bad thing, is CCP complicit in their use?

You signed the TOS/EULA, and agreed to those terms.
Those terms specifically state botting is not allowed for ANYONE.

Yet here you are. Trying to argue it doesnt matter unless its you or your friends botting.

Again you take a leap.

What is your evidence of botting?

Have you even wondered why I would care if I was implicated? Its interesting that you picked the one of several outcomes that you looked badly on.

Says a lot about why you started trying to tell me my mind. Again.

No…from what read, he said he doesn’t care. There is a difference between apathy and acceptance of criminal behavior.

Smoking cigarettes if you are under 18 is illegal. Yet if I see a 17 year old smoking, I may take no action because I simply don’t care. That doesn’t change the illegal nature of the act. It simply means that for a variety of reasons, I don’t feel the effort and outcome of reporting and trying to stop the crime is worth my time.

It is no different with this person’s opinion on botting. They know it happens. They are confident that thier friends and themselves are not hitting. As such they don’t feel the time and effort required to report isn’t worth the outcome. Yes it falls into that whole area of all it takes for evil to succeed is good people do nothing, but there is nothing in the EULA saying we must report all suspected botters either.

3 Likes

Its a sad reflection of our times and the game when there’s more rage and posts about what he said, what she said, than the fact bots are running amok in game and CCP does nothing about it.

Back onto subject please

If anyone cares - currently 47 known market bots logged into Jita and the same 43 toons still running courier missions 24/7 out of Itamo IV - Moon 1 - Perkone Factory and still no action from CCP 6 weeks after they were reported

1 Like

Calm down. Why does this bother you so much?

Why do bots bother you not at all, is the more correct question.

The only correct attitude to bots is extreme prejudice.

Will report the pair of you for derailing this thread if you carry on

So rather than all of this, why not encourage me to take steps like I assume you have to combatvthem?

Why make a neutral into an adversary?

… or that we must care that they are doing it when we are not.

We agree that we will not do it, nothing more. If we uphold our end of the bargain I don’t see what business it is of ours that others do not. That’s on them. That we do or do not care what they do is not going to change what they do.

Let’s see what happens if you do care …

Oh …

1 Like

A more correct title for the thread, is if players like Ramona are complicit with bots.

She clearly stated she wouldnt care if 90% of PCU was bots.
She clearly stated she doesnt care unless its her or her friends botting.

She signed TOS/EULA which specifically state she agrees that bots are illegal.
Yet here she is, claiming she doesnt actually care if they are illegal, and even then, only if its her or her friends.

I hugely value the effort you have made in compiling that list at great effort, updating it, submitting it to CCP, and keeping us updated.

But the problem is not CCP primarily, its players like Ramona.

You arent neutral.

You clearly stated you dont care if bots proliferate till 90% of PCU.

You signed and agreed to the TOS/EULA, which specifically states that bots are illegal.

Yet here you are, claiming bots dont matter as you dont care about them, and that even at 90% PCU in bots, you still wouldnt care.

And you read that as being in support?

And your reaction is to attack?

How does that have any benefit?

at Ramona McCandless - Thankyou for your views, they are appreciated

at Salvos Rhoska and also thankyou.

Will the pair of you please refrain from further personal bickering in my post and tit for tat replies. All you are doing is derailing this post, creating pages of useless posts and not making yourselves look good.

And just to clarify one point further- Botting isn’t illegal, its not a criminal offence to run bots, in my country or any country globally, its just against TOS

1 Like

How does your refusal to stand against bots provide any benefit?

Look at your nonsense.
You even had the gall to ask me if I would reply that 90% bot PCU would result in no server was my potential answer, before admitting to your own bot-aspirance.

Bots wreck games.
Is this news to you?

Do you not understand that bots are in violation of the TOS/EULA which you agreed to?
Why did you sign the TOS/EULA if you did not agree with that?
The very act of signing these two contracts binds you to accept that bots are illegal.

Saying “I dont care about bots being illegal” is not inline with what you agreed to in your signing of the TOS/EULA. When you signed, you agreed to them being illegal.

Why do you assume that if I dont care about 90% bot population that I cant also not be bothered about 0% bot population?

Just because you want others to do your work for you.

Reported

Im not assuming anything.

You flat out said, when asked directly, that you dont care if 90% of EVEs PCU is bots.

Do you not understand that bots are against the TOS/EULA you agreed to and signed?

Which means I also dont care if 10% are bots.

Do you understand?

I wouldnt care if 0% were bots.

I dont care.

Do you understand?

1 Like

You have to care,
The TOS/EULA you signed and agreed to specifically states that bots are illegal.

If you dont care about what you agreed to, by signing it, you are violating the terms of the TOS/EULA contracts.

The text of both contracts specifically states you agree with all of their contents.

Bots are illegal.
Every EVE player has agreed to that.
You cant stand there and claim “I dont care what I agreed to”.

ALL bots are illegal in EVE.
Not just yours, or your friends.
ALL.

If you refuse to acknowledge that, you are violating your TOS/EULA agreement with CCP.