šŸ¦‹ Eve Central Email šŸ¦‹

I found actual footage of the devs workingā€¦

eve_devILs

2 Likes

I would love to work like that. :ok_hand:

But maybe not at CCP. :smile:

2 Likes

I hear there are openings :fearful::scream::dizzy_face::astonished::frowning_with_open_mouth::anguished::open_mouth::confused::hushed:ā€¦

Too soon?

1 Like

Maybe they realized its going nowhere with such a small amount of people?

Sometimes managers see what they have done when its too late.

1 Like

A member of the CSM is surely expected to couch hisher responses in a moderate and professional manner. See Jin Tā€™aan for further detailsā€¦

Then by all means code me up an example, iā€™ll wait :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonā€™t even make your example interface with write permissions on a database serving live realtime data to 30,000 players either, come on then, if its ā€œnot complicatedā€ then you should have no issues coding something, also, HTML isnā€™t what any of this is written in just as a heads up

:leftwards_arrow_with_hook: :fish: :trident:

Are we talking about the same thing?

Are you a CCP alt?

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

1 Like

Sure we are, you seem to think writing an email system is easy, because having written a very small scale messaging system that is about as secure as a fart i can safely say, this isnā€™t as easy as you think, and this is only dealing with a database that ONLY contains messages and not the entire live state of an MMORPG that creates thousands of database queries with both internal and external access required

You claim email and HTML isnā€™t complicated so i await your ā€œnot complicatedā€ email system example, go on, money where your mouth is :slight_smile:

Once youā€™ve given it a try and given up you might actually have gained some understanding of how complicated a thing it really is to monitor and maintain, yes companies like google seem to make it look easy, and to be fair it is easy to make a really bad unsecure email type system when all your data is coming from an internal already authenticated system, making a good robust secure system that handles things like race conditions, external authentication and caching, a decent level of logging both internally and externally while most importantly being super fast and reliable, is however, ā€œcomplicatedā€

Come again.

:smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp::imp:

1 Like

That was your text not mine, its called a quote

Please, its CCP job to make working e-mail system, and its their decision if they will do it at all or stay in this regressed state.

3 Likes

Why is it their job exactly?

I mean, before eve-gate there wasnā€™t even a way to mail someone out of game, and eve-gate was only created because the older API was read only and there physically wasnā€™t a way for anyone to send mails from an outside source, the newer API has this feature so whats the point in CCP still having to maintain and develop a system and deal with constant user complaints that you canā€™t do x or why you have to do x before you can do x, when they can just let users create what they see as a perfect system, as iā€™ve said with 3rd party tools there are far more options than CCP would offer and it means there are less security issues for CCP to handle and they wonā€™t have to break it when they update something on the site

:passport_control:

So, you work for CCPā€¦interesting.

:passport_control:

1 Like

:sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

Fear the liability, they do.

:sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

1 Like

Because its neaded? Well, not by everyone obviously, but then again, do you really need to play EVE? :thinking:

Integration with forum, that is needed, I dont think you can get that with third party tools?

3 Likes

bullchitā€¦

all youā€™re doing is the typical let ccp wonder on without ever fixing things correctly and most importantly successfully fulfilling their commitment to the paying customerā€¦ go play in the street will you.

we gave up a fully functional forums for this new crap which basically has nothing but glamourā€¦ this is why folks now look at ccp games with a side eye and are refusing to support them any longerā€¦ always making excuses, excuses, excuses AFTER the public had gave them feedbackā€¦ so what is the fawking point of completing surveys about ccp when they fail to even read itā€¦

I guess they donā€™t get the EMAIL NOTIFICATION, all because they refuse to fix the email!..

you know theyā€™re basically gimping this game and removing so much without having a plan bā€¦ folks should begin demanding for discounted subsā€¦

1 Like

There is no commitment to providing out of game tools, you pay for the game, does mail work ingame? if so they have fulfilled their commitment to you, just because you feel youā€™re entitled to something doesnā€™t mean they have to provide it

Which forum feature is missing, mail wasnā€™t part of the forum itself it was a completely different portal and was provided as an extra tool as part of the eve-gate, it wasnā€™t forum related

Does it say CCP before my name and am i a member of the CCP corp?

That answers your pointless question, gotta love the default response that if youā€™re defending the actions of a company using common sense, logic and facts that you must clearly work for them

There is no real liability, its more about the stability of the game, TQā€™s database doesnā€™t hold anything confidential so hacking it doesnā€™t make them liable for anything, just means they have to roll it back

the csm is a joke and a mockery of a player council in a typical mmo, it means absolutely nothingā€¦ every mmo has oneā€¦ hell I was on one years ago from a different .mmoā€¦ I donā€™t worship these people you doā€¦ now please go back to being his bishā€¦

1 Like

do you really not understand what weā€™re talking aboutā€¦

just fire them allā€¦ get rid of them. its obvious there is a simple language barrier with these people. smdh.