EVE CLASSIC

Subscription only.
Base Game client locked in Trinity Release.*

Classic Server worked for Blizzard so why not CCP

• Trinity as the " classic engine " makes most sense as it was the latest big graphics overhaul working great as a classic base game without going overboard.
13 Likes

Because we are still only one server, unlike blizzard.

And every CCP person has stated it would be almost impossible to truly recreate Eve or make a second eve

4 Likes

Sure… sure…

4 Likes

We are only “one server”? Yeah O.K boomer, Tranquility, Serenity, SiSi & Echo’s is now one server.

The days of calling Eve a single shard game were over a decade ago.

4 Likes

I like the idea of of open-source version as described, but I don’t want to see any of the consequences of making it available.
Let keep all the fish in one barrel.

2 Likes

You mean 4 barrels as there are 4 separate eve servers right now, 3 game servers & 1 open test bed.

People saying that an eve classic, eve integrity, eve real money server or eve hardcore server would split the Base too much are smoking crack.

1 Like

One cannot transfer a spaghetti dish cleanly from one bowl to another, however much I actually like what OP suggests. :cry:

4 Likes

you gonna call it the boot.ini edition then?

6 Likes

Its time. Just promise no CSM and and a game engine that feels like somewhere circa 2003/4 era and I’m in

1 Like

Jawa that code

Lol what a joke

Effectively it is a single shard server for most of the world. Test server doesn’t count (its a test server) and its not the rest of the worlds fault that China is special.

Echoes isn’t even the same game.

11 Likes

NPCs buying infinite amounts of Trit @ 1 ISK…

8 Likes

If the people whining for EVE classic took off the rose colored glasses for a second, they’d realize no one would play it after the first month.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

I wonder how many people said that about the wow classic server too? For some of us this game was a master peice that had been slowly plucked away at…much stronger and compelling as an idea in its inception.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of learning skills. Setting your alarm for skill changes. Keeping the attributes you started with. Getting your SP from time and not injectors. Earning ISK from work instead of your credit card. Making gate bookmarks as there’s no warp to zero. And so much more.

Much of which I’m fine with as I lived it. But anyone under 6 or 7 years will drop out the first month and be right back here where they are comfortable and coddled.

No, brother. EVE classic will be like WOW classic. A bunch of crazy old codgers stubbornly insisting they are having the time of their lives. Only difference being that EVE has almost no old codgers left whereas WOW had millions at the release of classic.

2 Likes

Millenials and Zoomers wouldn’t last 5 minutes in Classic EVE…

3 Likes

OK boomer.

4 Likes

I don’t know what you’re smoking - but warts and all eve circa 2010 was much better then today. Sure there are little ql issues, but I personally would give that all up to go back to a game where instances were a dirty word and emergent game play was encouraged.

4 Likes

So here’s what you do. Start a pirate Trinity server and get it real popular so CCP takes over and makes it legit. Kind of like how WOW classic happened.

Or keep making angry posts.

Up to you vOv

Funny how other games don’t fold to China’s demands.

It is called EVE echoes, Eve has 3 servers deal with it & stop the single shard lie.

1 Like