EVE-Client causing 100% CPU

EVE-Client is causing 100% CPU (choking) !!!

This usually happens when I’m with the EVE-Clients on the First-Monitor and Chrome on the Second-Monitor.
The image on the Second-Monitor even disappears and returns during the choking.

I noticed that if I bring the Chrome-Window to the First-Monitor where I’m running the EVE-Clients the problem Stop.

Is someone having a similar problem ???

What process is showing the high CPU usage? Is it eve, chrome, both? Do you experience the problem even when chrome isn’t running?

Anyway, you might want to file a support ticket now, that way you can get in line. Also, if you do get it sorted, please come back and tell us how you did. Might help the next guy with the same problem.

1 Like

The peaks and valleys in CPU usage are quite sudden. I can’t see variation in the processes, it only appears in the graph.

The Youtuber markeedragon seems to be having the same problem.

I’m having the same problem, have submitted a ticket for it, and can confirm I’m having the same issues. It’s even worse for me. EVE has become basically unplayable.

Here’s an unlisted video of the effects:

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to throw some stuff at the wall to see what sticks. But the first 4 things are pretty easy to check/do.

• Disable windows game bar/game mode (Start --> Settings (Gear icon) --> Gaming --> Game Bar/Game Mode tabs on the left --> relevant toggle switch)
  • Change power plan to High Performance (Control Panel -> Power Options or Control Panel -> System and Security -> Power Options)
  • If you are using steam, run Eve from steam folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Eve Online\Launcher\evelauncher.exe)
  • okay, it doesn’t look like Chaotic’s CPU is thermal throttling, but just in case, use HWiNFO to see if any throttling is going on while running Eve.
  • Finally, there was a windows update back in Sept 2019 that was causing CPU spikes, but I would think you guys would have noticed the problem much earlier if this was indeed the culprit. Still check out this article for more information.

Also, if you click on the process tab in task manager, you can get a breakdown of the system resources being used by each process.

Also, you might as well check if the GPU is being throttled while you’re at it (it’s the 2nd to last section in HWiNFO). Do be aware that your GPU may throttle when not being taxed very hard; so seeing a “yes” next to “Performance Limit - Utilization” is normal. Instead look at the four categories above that.

1 Like

i can confirm on my system that none of that works for me, ive had the game bar/ game mode turned off for quite some time now. my power settings have been set to high performance since i put the system together, and i dont run from steam. the main problem im seeing on my end is that these spikes are also accompanied by spikes in heat, im actively having to upgrade my cooling system as to not have to worry about damage to my processor. i never had my CPU go much over 60C on a insane load before this, now its not uncommon for me to see spikes hit 77C just sitting at a station. not acceptable

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.