Eve Concurrent Average Online under 20k now :(

Drunk posting best posting.

I get what you mean about missing certain elements of the past (such as the old forums since this one gets on my tits) but tbf I also miss Ezwal following me round scrubbing my posts. And Barstool is still here, which is a plus in my book. The ISDs currently seem to be pretty low-key modding as of now, but the damage was already done years ago and people are off sulking, so we’re left with a core who likely annoyed the original flouncers.

I do wish people would contain themselves to a few posts per thread and use paragraphs rather than waffling backwards and forwards a bajillion times with asinine garbage. It makes reading a thread in one sitting torture (and I’d rather not block because occasionally they do have something interesting to say). That said, it probably reflects the shift to mobile posting rather than pure desktop use.

I’m reviewing a load of different stats myself atm, but tbh you really don’t need to be an expert number cruncher to see the trend. For those of us who were around in the lead-up to Incarna this looks unpleasantly similar.

I disagree that the good old days are gone. I don’t need Hilmar to introduce ‘chaos’ into my game tyvm. I bring it wherever I go, so w/e.

One thing that strikes me with a lot of this current drama is that there are a gaggle of extremely loud voices screeching at null-bears for being null-bears who sound like they should be lowsec dwellers. The fact that lowsec is a complete dump at the moment has forced them into these numpty whaling groups operating in the wrong sector of space and then whining the players there don’t have the same attitudes or values. At the point this connection is made, pushed and argued, we might see a tertiary benefit.

Got a bajillion posts to read now going back to the start of this so-called ‘era’ - plus I need to watch those goddamn TIS-interviews (which I’ll need more than a glass of wine for, if the commentary is anything to go by). Also gonna crunch some numbers and then have a think. At this point we do need people need to step back from rabidly posting and ranting on twitter, talk shows and god only knows what fleet/alliance comms and discords are like - because people are probably unintentionally demoralising each other with ‘the-sky-is-falling’ routine. Also I’m getting bored of reading War and Peace every day from the same people. Just speak once then shut your trap for a bit, jesus wept.

I’ll be damned if I play this terrible game for 11 years and then rage-quit. The whole point was to play it in spite of CCP, a sentiment some newer players could do with adopting smartish.

I’ll poke you ingame, we can go roam anytime :wink:

1 Like