Eve Concurrent Average Online under 20k now :(

The actual fallacy is that I did at one point give a damn about the game and the community that I still can’t stop coming to these forums after a few glasses of wine and posting. My frank opinion is ccp have shot themselves in the foot, upper management at ccp have failed the loyal playerbase community - I hope it has been all worth it for hilmar and pearl abyss.

8 Likes

man the games been dying since day one, every game has a shelf life, be it CCP pulling the plug or the player going ya know what, that’s enough for me. but for some reason, some of the players seem to think they are playing a game called check the PCU online instead of just playing the game.

we don’t see threads saying hey look PCU is up, nope, just the EVE is dying threads.

I’m under no illusion, one day the servers will go offline and that’ll be it.

GAME OVER

till then, gonna play it, enjoy it and to hell with the whiners and PCU addicts. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What I have found amusing is how many have cheered on the changes which have ultimately lead to increased stagnation in the game or think that you can change the rules and expect people to roll over and play victim, etc.

For example if someone is playing the game in a way that makes them mostly safe and avoids generating content for other players the solution isn’t to hard change the game forcing them into the open as if they were amenable to that environment they wouldn’t be playing it so safe in the first place! and will simply change what they are doing or quit the solution is to open up opportunities where an organised or crafty player has a chance of engaging them while still giving them a good range of options to keep themselves out of harms way when engaging a hands on approach.

There are a lot of players who could have been kept who have left the game - if some changes had been handled better, etc. I’d have still been paying for 4-6x accounts for the last nearly 5 years instead of quitting in early 2015.

1 Like

given the time you took to think about and formulate this response i’d almost be inclined to suggest you were isd or ccp in disguise - you make a correct point - playing games is about having fun - ccp upper management and pearl abyss have bought the community and pcu to this point however, the numbers do speak volumes - if you endeavour to assert otherwise, you are somewhat lacking in acumen - please enlighten me if i’m wrong.

2 Likes

PCU is down FIFTY PER CENT relative to this time last year. Many of us are spending more time on the forums talking about the game than playing the game itself.

Ive never seen a more direct correlation between the drop in PCU and bad changes. So let anyone who wants to believe but its hard to debate these stats.

2 Likes

alas, amen I concur, bed time for me - good night folks

1 Like

No it isn’t. Stop talking rubbish about PCU.

1 Like

Jesting aside, how much do Pearl Abyss / CPP pay you per post? If it pays the bills then so be it - good night, don’t let the bed bugs nip and bite.

2 Likes

Nothing. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to ignore blatant lies about the state of affairs.
How much do Blizzard pay you per post to badmouth their competitors?

If you don’t like EVE, quit (& send me your stuff).
But the constant attacks on CCP are just silly. They are developing the game they want to develop, sure it’s not going to be perfect because they are dealing with people, but that’s the way of game development.

1 Like

Your words not ours. The title of this thread is that the concurrent average is down…no one is ‘constantly attacking CCP’ – what you call ‘constantly attacking’ is paying customers expressing themselves in reasonable discourse…the alternative is right around the corner, which is for the dissenters to give up completly and join the rest of their friends that have already left.

We realize there is a group on this forum that want us to do this. We’ve not left yet and still <3 what we remember is good about this game and have one small speck of hope ccp gives AF

2 Likes

You posted this just 30 minutes ago, that’s a clear and outright lie.
Yes PCU is down, but don’t talk lies about how much it is down.
This is what constant attacking looks like, constantly posting lies about things in an effort to make CCP look bad.

m8 - go do your home work - if Eve Offline is our gauge the data is in your face.

I’m not making CCP look bad…CCP is making CCP look bad.

If you don’t like the theme of this thread no one is compelling you to comment.

2 Likes

Go do yours and actually read the numbers using the same time period on the graphs.
It will tell you that you are wrong.

Same time period.
The graphs drop data points if you look at the long time periods like a year that artificially inflates the average PCU.

ok buddy. You’re totally delusional and I’m going to just totally ignore the fallacy of your totally flawed logic. We’re both looking at the same data and coming up with completely different conclusions - I’ll agree to disagree with you now.

So go on, set the eve offline graph to a 1 year period from today backwards.
Post that graph showing the average PCU and find me a data point displayed on the graph that shows under 20k players even in the lowest dip.
Please go ahead.

Edit: Oh what a surprise, you didn’t go ahead.
For reference for everyone else who isn’t pretending the data doesn’t exist because it doesn’t say what you want, the average PCU over the last year with the dropped data points is 30k. The lowest data point is 20k. Clearly that doesn’t match the sum of the monthly averages if you look at it month by month.
When you do the same month by month over the time period you listed, it comes out much lower than the 31k you posted, because the low data points aren’t dropped.

In short, you don’t have a clue how to actually analyze statistics & graphs and adjust for inherent biases in the way the data is analyzed.

2 Likes

:eyes: really, too much wine for you buddy :slight_smile: :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

the numbers are what they are, the game will end one day, i choose to play it and enjoy it till the end. we’d all love more people playing and sticking around.
not everyone quits because of changes to the game, just the quiters quit. it seems to me that EVE players for some reason need a reason for the reason they leave.

pro tip: o7 to the comminuty, unsub, uninstall.

but all we seem to get it.

my shite has been messed with, GRRRRRR CCP, i’m out and so is my 1000000 alts.

“Why aren’t you generating content bro?” That’s what I said to my friend just the other day. Seriously, that guy needs to generate more content. Can’t figure out what his problem is.

Some people, am I right?

EDIT:

Wow, I can’t believe somebody flagged this.

Damn, some people here have no sense of humor.

19 Likes