EVE Forum "App" on Android

Hi, I hope this is the right place for this question.
I have the official EVE Online app on my Android phone, but very recently, I noticed what looked like a new app or widget, called “EVE Online Forums”, but I have no idea where it has come from!
Loading it brings up the forums, of course, and I was already logged in as my character, which I had done on the web forum under Chrome.
I can’t find any mention of it anywhere and it doesn’t appear in my list of actually installed applications.
So… Where on earth did it come from? Am I missing something obvious?

Edited to add: I can’t see any widgets associated with the official app, so I don’t think it’s that. It’s also not just a link to open in Chrome, as it loads in its own, separate space.

Cheers,

JC

Do you have the Discourse App installed?

Not that I’m aware of, no. Again, can’t see anything called anything like “Discourse” in my Google Play or Samsung store areas. Nothing showing up in phone’s internal list of apps either.

did you possibly hit ‘add to home screen’ ?

That seems to do what you’re seeing.

2 Likes

Well, you learn something new every day! I must have hit it by mistake somehow. How silly do I feel now? :blush:
I’ve not used that function before and the fact that it loads in a non-Chrome-looking-separate-window threw me entirely! Doh!
Thanks @Steve_Ronuken! :slight_smile:

Right, android makes websites added to the homescreen show without parts of the chrome UI, so they feel a little like apps.