Eve freezing and needs a hard reboot

It seems as though CCP has found why my client crashed my PC, (no crashes in 24hrs and it always crashes at least once in DX12)

So I will post what they told me in order to fix my issue:

GM Chaos

Yesterday at 14:52

Hello again,

After reviewing the logs the issue you are describing is a fairly common issue in Windows and can affect almost every application. This is caused by an underlying process in the operating system that is stalling and causing the affected application to stop responding until the computer has finished processing. This is not an error with any specific application and is therefor very hard to resolve. I suggest you try scanning the computer for any missing or corrupt system files using the instructions below, and if that doesn’t work I encourage you to contact a certified PC technician to provide you with more specialized assistance.

This issue could possibly be caused by corrupt Windows system files. If that is the case, running the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool may resolve this issue. Just follow the step-by-step instructions to run the DISM tool:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R at the same time to open a Run window.
  2. Type cmd and then press Ctrl, Shift, and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
    * You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
  3. Type the following command lines one by one and press Enter after each one and let it finish before the next command:
    * Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    * Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    * Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    If the issue still persists try running the SFC command below to make a second attempt at fixing any corrupt files.

This issue may be caused by some corruption error and the System File Checker can scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Just follow the step-by-step instructions to run the SFC tool:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R at the same time to open a Run window.
  2. Type cmd and then press Ctrl, Shift, and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to run the Command Prompt as administrator
    * You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run the Command Prompt as administrator
  3. Type the following command line and press Enter: sfc /scannow
    Once it has finished scanning try to launch EVE Online and let me know if that resolved your issue.

Best Regards,
GM Chaos
CCP Player Experience | EVE Online

Hope this helps you guys, I had a few errors with windows and so far fingers crossed no more crashes \o/

Thanks for all your help in this thread, appreciate it.

1 Like