Eve freezing and needs a hard reboot

Yes we should. I’m a bit skeptical cus my ticket didn’t lead to anything. The support guys couldn’t find and do anything. But we should keep trying…

MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner Statistics Server, launch on OS start. Set a profile for exefile.exe and limit FPS to desired FPS with Rivatuner, you can ofc disable the on screen display (its on by default). Radeon Chill is limited and can only limit FPS of a single client, AMD users need third party tools to regulate framerate. Nvidia users can just use the driver control panel to do the same.

Currently latest MSI afterburner (rivatuner included) MSI Afterburner 4.6.5 Download

Currently latest rivatuner, not sure if it has full functionality independently Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download 7.3.5 Beta 5

It seems as though CCP has found why my client crashed my PC, (no crashes in 24hrs and it always crashes at least once in DX12)

So I will post what they told me in order to fix my issue:

GM Chaos

Yesterday at 14:52

Hello again,

After reviewing the logs the issue you are describing is a fairly common issue in Windows and can affect almost every application. This is caused by an underlying process in the operating system that is stalling and causing the affected application to stop responding until the computer has finished processing. This is not an error with any specific application and is therefor very hard to resolve. I suggest you try scanning the computer for any missing or corrupt system files using the instructions below, and if that doesn’t work I encourage you to contact a certified PC technician to provide you with more specialized assistance.

This issue could possibly be caused by corrupt Windows system files. If that is the case, running the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool may resolve this issue. Just follow the step-by-step instructions to run the DISM tool:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R at the same time to open a Run window.
  2. Type cmd and then press Ctrl, Shift, and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
    * You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
  3. Type the following command lines one by one and press Enter after each one and let it finish before the next command:
    * Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    * Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    * Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    If the issue still persists try running the SFC command below to make a second attempt at fixing any corrupt files.

This issue may be caused by some corruption error and the System File Checker can scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Just follow the step-by-step instructions to run the SFC tool:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R at the same time to open a Run window.
  2. Type cmd and then press Ctrl, Shift, and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to run the Command Prompt as administrator
    * You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run the Command Prompt as administrator
  3. Type the following command line and press Enter: sfc /scannow
    Once it has finished scanning try to launch EVE Online and let me know if that resolved your issue.

Best Regards,
GM Chaos
CCP Player Experience | EVE Online

Hope this helps you guys, I had a few errors with windows and so far fingers crossed no more crashes \o/

Thanks for all your help in this thread, appreciate it.

1 Like

@Jintelli Thank you so much! I runned both processes and at the end of 2nd process I got message that corrupted files were found and are successfully restored.
Now turning the EVE on and let’s see how it works :sunglasses:

1 Like

That usually is an indicator that you have defect RAM or a defect storage device your OS is installed on. Or since its an AMD system, one of the common defect memory controllers in the CPU.

Reporting 7 days after the files repair, had zero crashes since then.
If it is a defect hardware, wouldn’t it cause problems in everyday use or in other games?

In the AMD Radeon Software you have a ‘Stress Test’ option, don’t know if NVidia has something similar. Also lots of free system benchmarks are available on the net. If your system passes them without freezing or crashing, chances for damaged hardware, lack of power supply or a heat problem are very slim…

If the file integrity check solved the issues it sounds more like a temporary issue caused by factors such as, power outage corrupting files when system crashes. Such as pulling out the power cord or holding the power button until the system shuts off. Or a bad connection between the storage device and wherever its attached. Bad sata cable or improperly mounted nvme-drive combined with say, just accidentially kicking the PC with your foot or moving it on the desk.

1 Like

In my case, both OS (Win11) and EVE are on the same NVMe drive connected directly on the motherboard M2 slot. But restarts of the PC by pressing reset button on the PC case could do it I gues. And the only reason why i press that button in last 5 years is only EVE when it freezes and the only way to restart the PC is by force resetting it with push of a button. Maybe that corrupted some files.

Im having this exact same problem with 5800X3D and 6700XT and ran SFC and it says it found errors and has fixed them so will try the game again and see what happens i had a similar problem last year but it turned out it was a faulty CPU as it was doing it on multiple games where now its just EVE Online

19 days passed since I runned DISM and SFC commands. The result: 0 EVE crashes and freezes. I’m pretty confident it fixed my EVE issue for good.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.