So my Windows 10 updated on 1/11/2018 and ever since then, if I play eve (it happens more frequently when I have more than 1 account open) my computer ends up freezing and I have to do a hard restart. I’ve tried to update drivers, tried fullscreen and fixed window modes, pretty much anything I can find in the forums already. Is anyone else having this issue or have a workaround they might know of? If so, a huge thanks in advance!
I’ve had the same issues, but it was after a windows 8 update. & now the launcher wont even open properly
only shows a white screen with this displayed
{“tq”:{“userCount”:24904,“serverStatus”:“online”},“sisi”:{“userCount”:108,“serverStatus”:“online”},“motd”:1513942691058,“ads”:1515595688679,“news”:“03a73ebc14b7174dd4d30465a801d1c3”,“twitch”:{“streaming”:false,“name”:"",“url”:""},“version”:{“dev”:“dev/2685”,“beta”:“beta/2647”,“release”:“release/2672”},“background”:{“background”:“https://web.ccpgamescdn.com/aws/eveonline/launcher/eve-lifeblood.jpg”}}
Try turning off fast startup - especially if you boot from a SSD. That’s what fixed it for me:
- Open Control Panel.
- Power Options.
- Choose what the power buttons do.
- Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
- Save changes.
Good luck.
Edit: Windows 8 also uses fast startup - basically puts system in hibernate mode rather than turning it off. I had no problems with Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 prior to the current 1709 update.