Eve freezing computer after Windows Update

So my Windows 10 updated on 1/11/2018 and ever since then, if I play eve (it happens more frequently when I have more than 1 account open) my computer ends up freezing and I have to do a hard restart. I’ve tried to update drivers, tried fullscreen and fixed window modes, pretty much anything I can find in the forums already. Is anyone else having this issue or have a workaround they might know of? If so, a huge thanks in advance!

I’ve had the same issues, but it was after a windows 8 update. & now the launcher wont even open properly

only shows a white screen with this displayed

{“tq”:{“userCount”:24904,“serverStatus”:“online”},“sisi”:{“userCount”:108,“serverStatus”:“online”},“motd”:1513942691058,“ads”:1515595688679,“news”:“03a73ebc14b7174dd4d30465a801d1c3”,“twitch”:{“streaming”:false,“name”:"",“url”:""},“version”:{“dev”:“dev/2685”,“beta”:“beta/2647”,“release”:“release/2672”},“background”:{“background”:“https://web.ccpgamescdn.com/aws/eveonline/launcher/eve-lifeblood.jpg”}}

Try turning off fast startup - especially if you boot from a SSD. That’s what fixed it for me:

• Open Control Panel.
  • Power Options.
  • Choose what the power buttons do.
  • Change settings that are currently unavailable.
  • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
  • Save changes.

Good luck.

Edit: Windows 8 also uses fast startup - basically puts system in hibernate mode rather than turning it off. I had no problems with Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 prior to the current 1709 update.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.